Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TRAFFIC AUCTION - (Paused & Re-Started) Live Premium Name Auction Results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Following Latona's (Paused & Re-Started) Live Premium TRAFFIC Auction in Las Vegas...

...Can anyone post a list of the final Auction results?

I don't see anything on Latona's site...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
27/264 domains sold. Prices were ridiculously high, no one was buying, the whole auction has been quite the cluster f***

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
27/264 domains sold. Prices were ridiculously high, no one was buying, the whole auction has been quite the cluster f***

I think when putting a list together with prices that " should " move, you need to actually be a domainer or employ a trader, someone who does this daily and has experience across the board. It's one thing to have a general business sense ( which Rick has of course ) but self promotion does not equate to experience and no pawn brokers and loan sharks are not domainers. There is no way a seasoned pro looks over that list and says " great, looks good ". Unless of course that was the best to choose from in which case there shouldn't be an auction like this, it may have actually hurt the industry further in these tough times. Nothing to be proud of at all.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the list virtually all the good names were overpriced, and some of the names are so low quality I am not even sure how they got accepted. Plus with all the auction issues, it was pretty lame overall IMO.

Brad

Last edited:

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything on Latona's site...

I'd avoid posting anything too.

This is sort of like the NBC TV Jay Leno & Conan O'Brien talk show thing - 'What the HELL were they thinking?' wow.

Here's my take on the dumbest names and most ridiculous reserves from the list at http://www.domainnamenews.com/domain...n-results/6957 (as posted by EGO above originally):

Dumbest names (someone needs a geography lesson):

Atlanta.mx
Washington.mx
Boston.mx
Forex.ws - Its .ws - need more be said?
CPAParking.com ($3-4K ) - A very specialized parking service?
DudleyEngland.com ($300-400) (OK, it is a place)
Vegas.cm

Most absurd reserves:

GoFish.com ($50-75K)
CarStereos.com ($150-200K)
FiveCard.com and 5Card.com ($20-30K)
Romance.com (Started at $5m) - Incredible name but...
Jchat.com ($30-40K)

Next time have a domainer or two review the list first!

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could probably add to that list:

Schizophreniac.com

SkinnyPill.com

The problem for Latona's now, is that this TRAFFIC Auction was a showcase & grand unveiling for Latona Auction systems.....Sadly, it was a disaster.

Will domain sellers (or buyers) of the future have the confidence to list (or bid on) excellent names with them now?

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing overall with how important of an event this was. Hopefully next time the domains are higher quality and priced to sell, and the auction software works.

Brad

....Sadly, it was a disaster.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anybody knows when it would be the start of extended auction? Today (January 24)?

NetRico

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The extended auction appears to be underway now on Proxibid ... link posted at the top of Latonas.com home page.

As for the live event, I'd submit that the overall quality of the catalog was the much larger and glaring failure than the software glitch. Absolutely stunned at the names and prices accepted versus some submissions I've seen that were rejected. My take, in the words of the auctioneer .... "Swing and a miss!".

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sigh, I hope they are still updating the catalog because my domain still is not showing up...

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Yes I see the catalog at proxibid and there is no my domain there also...

shack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was watching the auction, and couldn't believe what was happening. There had to be 10 to 20 domains at times, right after each other that were Passed! There were some OK domains in the auction, but those prices were not. After watching this auction, I just can't believe how I didn't get one name in this auction. I submitted many domains in past live auctions, and not one was taken. They said we review 30,000 to 50,000 domains per auction that are sent in and yours didn't make the cut. Well then, how could one person get over 500 domains in one live auction out of 3000 domain names! I was mad! and still am!

paidvisit.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of polotics involved in these auctions. Who knows who or wants from who etc.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very sad, :( a few good ones but ...overall very poor selection of domains.

JMO

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is a joke, right?

2320 Cognac.cm SOLD $1,000

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I misread that one. Yeah Cognac.cm is a joke at that price. I thought it said .COM

Brad

Last edited:

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The silent auction is supposed to be in full swing this week. I'm not sure when it starts or any of the details. I'll check proxybid...but I thought there would be more promotion on the silent auction.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

I would never bet against Rick Latona. Apparently the parties, the conferences, the presentations were all 1st class. They run the daily newsletter so they do know what will sell and what won't sell. I, too, was surpised at the .mx listings.
I'll always put my money on a proven like Latona, but I thing the attendees enjoyed their time a lot more than the individuals who focused upon the auction.

---------- Post added 01-25-2010 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-24-2010 at 11:51 PM ----------

sigh, I hope they are still updating the catalog because my domain still is not showing up...

Zurc, did it show up yet? I did a search for a couple I had and I found them by searching vs. alpha-listing...it says the bidding is tomorrow, yet Latona's site says the extended auction goes thru Feb 4th...

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zurc, did it show up yet? I did a search for a couple I had and I found them by searching vs. alpha-listing...it says the bidding is tomorrow, yet Latona's site says the extended auction goes thru Feb 4th...

Yeah, they are there now, Biddable.com and Penetrating.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom