Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TRAFFIC AUCTION - (Paused & Re-Started) Live Premium Name Auction Results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, JP for posting the (I assume partial?) sales results from the Latona Live Auction...

...Anyone yet seen a final, completed, list of domains sold, with pricing?

I've no doubt Rick will turn boulders over to fix & get his online auction software right for next time....He just can't afford even one more such 'glitch'.....After all, he's contracted to run 10 TRAFFIC auctions....!!

...I do recommend (along with 'most everyone) that he re-visits the name selection/pricing criteria for both Live & Silent Auctions.....Also, the starting bid/reserve price levels....Far too high, for the most part, imo.

Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like how they put all the bad, over priced names from the live auction now in the extended auction and you have to go through all of them first in abc order before you get to some of the new, extended auction domains. You can only view 50 per page, so you have to go through like 7 pages before you can find the new names.

Why not just mix up the names or put them all in ABC order? I am baffled at just about everything that has been done in this auction. lol.

silverclick

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it just me or has there not been 1 bid on the extended auction yet?

I scanned and sorted the lots but doesn't seem to be any live bids ...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
only people looking at the list are the ones selling their domains....lol :pound:

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

actually its like a top secret mission to find these, between this auction and Monikers auctions , not seeing anything about them, no results etc..I'm thinking I had a bad dream..cause this can't be happening. :boom:

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a seller, it has been a pretty awful experience. :-\

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion (if Rick gets to see this thread)...

I don't know how Latona has set things up....But, he needs to sharpen up overall admin/attention to detail....A lot of detail stuff just hasn't been up to scratch....

Apart from the software glitch,

(i) Very little info & promotion/exposure of the Silent Auction

(ii) No/little announcements/info as to which Live Auction names would now be included in the current Silent Auction

(iii) The Latona site is still asking for submissions for January Vegas TRAFFIC auctions, days after it is finished !! (http://latonas.com/mainportal.usr)

(iv) No daily info/news updates on the Latona site re the Slent Auction, to generate interest & excitement for the Auction etc

Basically, the operation has all the hallmarks of, perhaps, being a bit understaffed to handle BOTH the TRAFFIC event, itself, and the Auctions....? (by accounts I've heard, the TRAFFIC event, itself, has been well organised).

...Just needs to sharpen up the detail & focus on the Auction side.

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zurc, I put a bid on about 20-names. I think I am the only bidder on any of the items at this point. I bid so I could keep track of the items. The silent-auction marketing is kind of strange. Is there any promotion of this event?

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I have heard/read that the parties were great. Unfortunately I was only focused upon the auction. I should have skpped bidding and just went for the parties.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I like how they put all the bad, over priced names from the live auction now in the extended auction and you have to go through all of them first in abc order before you get to some of the new, extended auction domains. You can only view 50 per page, so you have to go through like 7 pages before you can find the new names.

Why not just mix up the names or put them all in ABC order? I am baffled at just about everything that has been done in this auction. lol.

I don't get what happened. Did Rick S. help/advise with the transition? Who was in charge of the auction planning? Romance.com for 5 trillion and eskimoemudpie.mx for $300? Was the focus exclusively on the parties? Is anyone even aware of the silent auction? Rick L. took out tons of ads for his "buy your watch " campain last month. I expected to see some ads somewhere for the silent auction.

I'm lost on what is going on.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like buyers found some good product names. There were some real nice sales such as these 2: ConcreteBlocks.com for only $2,000 and MovieTheaterFurniture.com for only $600.

Based on the usefullness of these names for product sales the prices were incredible bargains. For example, my nephew works in the concrete block industry and I am sure his employer would have paid much more than 2k for that niche category killer industry specific name if only they knew about the auction venue.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A final (important) suggestion for Latona's...

Even when the Online Live Auction software was working, the delay Online was NOT 4-6 seconds....It was consistently 15-20 secs, at my end....

This length of delay made it unsusable.....The bidding was closed on a domain BEFORE the price at which it had sold (or passed) appeared on my screen....thus, I had no chance to keep up with the bidding on it.

It meant, in practice, that I was trying to bid on names that had already closed....!!

Snapnames Online Live Auction software runs as close to real time as makes no difference......So, that's the benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom