Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TRAFFIC East live auction - anyone heard from Moniker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Moniker regarding their submissions to the TRAFFIC East live auction?

I saw they had a preliminary list with many .mobi's....

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nothing thus far other than the usual promo from Snapnames.

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got an email stating the list will come out towards the end of next week

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They might as well announce it right before TRAFFIC!

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No worries. It will be announced one-two days before auction.

wildwil

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They really do a poor job with this. When you have no idea if your names make it in it is hard to promote them and send emails out to previous interests and industry leaders with a two day notice. I also think it gives many buyers very little time to research names and line up the funds as well as build excitement etc.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I agree. There are far too many live auctions/promos these days and not enough time to build a "suspense". We're down to 3 weeks before TRAFFIC Orlando.

Reaction score
folks - the preliminary list and notices will go out early next week so there will be plenty of time and notice for both sellers and buyers. Sellers will then start moving names to Moniker so that if their name is sold at auction, change of ownership will happen quickly this time around and we will not wait for transfers after auction sales.

there are many great names in the live and extended list and we are still refining the list and will continue to do so.

Information for bidding and future auctions are listed here: http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/index.html

Also the submission process and notification process will greatly improve over the summer and into the fall as we continue integrate snapnames and Moniker's auction and marketplaces together.

it will be very exciting and great for all of our customers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sellers will then start moving names to Moniker

Hold on a sec! That's not part of the agreement. IF a sale occurs, THEN the domains are to be moved to Moniker. It's not a prerequisite in order to have the domains listed.

Reaction score
you are right its not part of the agreement but we are going to press it with you so be ready. the delays in transfer and change of ownership and payment is causing problems so this is going to be a requirement going forward. It worked really well with the snap auction and it helps all sides.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you are right its not part of the agreement but we are going to press it with you so be ready. the delays in transfer and change of ownership and payment is causing problems so this is going to be a requirement going forward. It worked really well with the snap auction and it helps all sides.

I figured this and already started to move a few names anyway....but still it would be nice to know as early as possible for promotion purposes....as I have been contacted by numerous buyers on two of my best submitted names and it would be nice to have something to tell them.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

Monte, I fail to understand your statement. The agreement, which was signed by Moniker and all listing parties, does not enforce a transfer of domains to Moniker as a requirement prior to any sale. Has this changed? When I submitted my domains for consideration at TRAFFIC / Orlando, I wasn't made aware of any such requirement, which I would immediately object to. The purpose of the application is to list domains at the TRAFFIC auction & utilize Moniker's escrow after a sale, not to enforce a carte blanche change of registrar.

domain54326

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not move your domains to moniker regardless of the auction? They are good.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Monte,

Considering transfer rarely takes more than a couple days, what has been done to improve the payment process for sold domains from the current 4-6 weeks minimum currently down to perhaps 5-10 days at the most?

Has any provisions been made to have Live auction buyers pay before they leave the room like every other auction house? And the Silent within 24 hours after completion?Then the delay can't be blamed on the slow paying buyers, right?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I expect a final, official answer from Moniker with regards to whether the terms of the agreement stand as signed. I have no intention whatsoever to transfer en masse domains from my registrar, eNom, simply in order to list them at TRAFFIC, without an actual sale. I will be attending TRAFFIC / Orlando and I will raise the issue at the conference, if the terms of the agreement have changed.

Please respond in a timely fashion.

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

"we are going to press it with you so be ready" ????

Not good.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/auction_faq.html

Do I have to attend the hosting event or be a Moniker client to participate as a buyer or seller in the Live Domain Auction?

Sellers: Anyone can submit a name for consideration in the Live Auction - you do not need to attend the conference. However, sellers who are not Moniker clients will be required to open a free account at Moniker.com. Create your free Moniker account now.

To attend and/or bid: Attendance to the event hosting the Live Domain Auctions automatically qualifies you to be a bidder for that conference at no additional cost. However, please note that separate free bid registration with Moniker is still required. Depending on the hosting event, there may be other ways to become a bidder for a particular auction. Please refer to the details of each auction to determine additional proxy or absentee bid access.

All domains sold in the Live Domain Auction will automatically be transferred to Moniker as the registrar of record. Therefore, all winning bidders will be required to open a Moniker.com account. In addition, auction sales will automatically use Moniker Escrow Services to ensure a smooth transfer of assets and protect both buyers and sellers. Escrow costs are included in the commission charges.
moniker.gif

It clearly states that transfers of sold domains will take place AFTER such sale has occurred. I have no problem with that. This is the basis on which many of us submitted our domains. Now, if this has been changed quietly, I foresee a large problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom