Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TRAFFIC East live auction - anyone heard from Moniker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you are right its not part of the agreement but we are going to press it with you so be ready. the delays in transfer and change of ownership and payment is causing problems so this is going to be a requirement going forward. It worked really well with the snap auction and it helps all sides.

Please let me know if this is actually serious. If so, I would like to remove my names entered in for the auction. Consolidation is key and to have names that don't sell moved, at my expense, to another registrar is simply ridiculous.

Domain Days 2024

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oversee is forcing Moniker to be more aggressive, IMO.
Moniker's Escrow was working well and I can't complain so the point is to gain more control over market (I can sense Oversee here).

Snaps require that you transfer names to Moniker (they were stating registrar of their choice before merger) prior entering them to snaps auction system.

Everything clear.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Still waiting for an official answer.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is how it sounds to me: If Moniker says they probably want your name in the auction and ask you to transfer it over, and you don't, they just won't select it for auction. So of course you don't have to transfer them, but if you don't, the odds of them getting in the auction are very poor unless the names are incredible with low, low reserves.

Just my opinion. I already use Moniker so it's no problem for me.

Reaction score
sorry - if your name is selected for Live auction - we will pay for the transfer

if extended auction, we will ask that you transfer it at a near cost rate. We are not enforcing this yet but will at the next event and if you want to sell your domains through our Snapnames P2P or future auctions, we are going to require it. It is more than a fair request and helps you as a seller get paid faster, changes ownership to the buyer faster, and ensures quick, safe, and easy processing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Monte, you're surely jesting. I expect the current terms of the contract - which involves EVERYONE who signed the current contract - to be honored for the lifespan of the contract. Since the contract automatically renews after 120 days, it will take a new agreement - signed by both parties - to amend the terms of any upcoming auction for the domains which are under the original contracts.

As you may know, the losing registrar controls the speed of release of domains to the gaining registrar. You cannot hold domain owners liable if eNom takes 7 days to release domains and GoDaddy only a few hours.

This is how it sounds to me: If Moniker says they probably want your name in the auction and ask you to transfer it over, and you don't, they just won't select it for auction. So of course you don't have to transfer them, but if you don't, the odds of them getting in the auction are very poor unless the names are incredible with low, low reserves.

Just my opinion. I already use Moniker so it's no problem for me.

This is an illogical statement.

If the domain(s) get selected, under the current terms of the agreement one DOES NOT HAVE to transfer the domain(s) to Moniker UNTIL AFTER A SALE OCCURS.

To enforce such a transfer without a sale is a violation of the contract.

Monte, before this issue reaches uncontrollable proportions, I strongly suggest that you clarify your position with regards to all existing contracts.

Last edited:

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are not enforcing this yet but will at the next event
So it will be part of new agreement for Internext Expo(?).

To be honest - now it's the best time for official announcement to avoid famous 60-day-registrar-issue.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The 60 day hold thing will prevent names being sold at auction...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom