Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Traffic - Miami 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Carlton, did you submit any domains for the auction?
Yes, just a few, and one is under consideration.

Actually, I don't think Traffic has ever sold more than 2% in the Silent, yet this time they were close to 20%. Go figure.
That's great of course. Don't get me wrong, Moniker have a great event, and it generates some of the best press in the mass media for our industry. I don't know, historically, how many names make the silent auction, but my general suggestion is that they continue to prune down the final list to the most compelling names and overwhelm the buyers with one awesome choice after another, ;).

Reaction score
actually our silent auction average has steadily increased from 10% to 20% of sales and will continue to increase as more and more buyers come to this part of the venue. I predict that the online silent and live event will be responsible for 50% of the sales in the next 12 months. This is why you should never discount it and be happy if your names make either of the events. Just wait and see what will happen next!

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else realize that there are ZERO .TV domains in the sold list? I submitted around a dozen and I know others that did as well. You would think prime, one-word .tv domains would show up at least in the silent when you've got sold .ws, .la, .cm, .fm and yes, even .us domains having SOLD. Does Moniker have a preclusion to .tv?
GoPC

i recently emailed monte about moniker having a tv auction stand alone-

sedo doing a mobi auction was brilliant- and to many domainers they made a vital and commendable step outside the "norm"

i am amazed actually that more are not doing this- there is so much money changing hands, yet, they still look the othe way-

monte had said he sent a note this summer to demand media- i was asking more along the lines of an open auction- submitted names- not just all demands high priced premiums-

so, i am searching for another venue- domainers hold, like you said pc, some incredible generics- and as the web turns more video based, and more networks put their "tv on the web" i cant even grasp how .tv is going to surge. and so many are gonna wish they did something way back when......

but, i am looking right now for another "sedo / moniker" to hold a submitted names .tv auction- will keep you updated!

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Then they couldn't hide the reserves.

I have a question about reserves. Supposedly, they are hidden. Yet, I had 3 domains sell for the exact price that they would have to sell for in order to beat the reserves -- and in only 1 or 2 bids. So somebody saw the reserves to get the right price in only 1 or 2 bids.

Did anyone else encounter this?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a question about reserves. Supposedly, they are hidden. Yet, I had 3 domains sell for the exact price that they would have to sell for in order to beat the reserves -- and in only 1 or 2 bids. So somebody saw the reserves to get the right price in only 1 or 2 bids.

Did anyone else encounter this?

it goes something like this:

your reserve is $3,346.

someone bids $20,000 but is the only bidder OR the last bidder to bid while still below the reserve price..

it automatically meets your minimum reserve, auction over.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it goes something like this:

your reserve is $3,346.

someone bids $20,000 but is the only bidder OR the last bidder to bid while still below the reserve price..

it automatically meets your minimum reserve, auction over.

Now why couldn't anyone at Moniker explain that to me?

Thank you very much!

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I was given the wrong info before. Appreciate the response and clarification. Have a good night!

yandig

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
moniker payment received today from traffic east sale :)

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here as well. Thanks a Million Moniker! Although, next time let's put some emphasis on the "million" please? ;)

Seriously, great job!

GoPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom