Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal Traffic scammer at sedo - LBTN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheven

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anyone...

The only way that domain is getting that much traffic is by artificial manipulation and you got caught.

Cartoonz, You see someone now...

I have had numerous dealings with Eli Hayut, and have always found him to be a man of his word. He has open, clear communications, and always follows through with his promises.

He is so honest and trustworthy in our deals, that he is the only person which I have EVER just pushed a name over prior to even receiving payment. I always get payment, and he usually even mass pays it.

Toilet Monster, I've bought from you before, so maybe you remember me as a straight shooter.

I do not buy your current arguments as PROOF, and you don't get to be both prosecutor and executioner. Yes, your data is a strong indication of a "potential" problem, but you're leading what I consider a lynch mob without access to enough facts to constitute proof.

And your campaign of possibly misguided justice may well be the cause a status change on a Sedo Auction - and is not proof unless Sedo confirms the reason for their actions.

You ask Eli to show proof that he's innocent, yet you can't really provide "proof" of guilt - just circumstances that "could" make it true - not that it DOES prove it true. I still believe in innocence until PROVEN guilty.

While I never buy traffic, I have sold domains with significant traffic that almost instantly vanished from the assignment of different parking keywords being setup on the new Sedo account. I've also seen huge ongoing spikes in traffic that later vanished without a known reason.

Let's wait for something provable facts, that aren't just circumstantial, before crucifying someone I've found to be extremely honest and ethical in the past.

Steve

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The problem is, that a domain that had no traffic (per the previous owner) suddenly displays a substantial amount of traffic. How do you explain that? And why would Sedo ban the domain?

pheven

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I've said above, I have gotten huge unexplained boosts in parking traffic, and you can't PROVE it wasn't caused by something else.

Sedo hasn't posted a reason, so you are just speculating and these righteous mobs love to skewer people on half proof. That's not enough for me, and from what I read earlier, you haven't even completely proven ownership of some of these names. He openly denies ownership of some, but not all.

I say, give it a rest until there is more REAL proof.

Steve

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Of course proof is needed, I am simply saying that a parked domain, while it remains parked, has no valid reason to display such a big traffic spike unless traffic is directed to it. The fact that Sedo took it "offline" shows that preliminary study of the traffic does not comply with the Sedo Terms and Conditions. Again, we'd expect Sedo to be the catalyst in this.

pheven

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but I have personally experienced huge parking traffic boosts without changing anything but landing page content or keywords. I had one parking landing page go from $100/month to $3,000/month with corresponding traffic boost.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Steve, be realistic. We aren't talking about a generic hot keyword here, it's "LBTN" for Christ's sake. It made $0 before and I doubt it makes more than this now; the game is on the traffic numbers which is a selling factor on Sedo. Sedo never sells domains based on revenue.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Google cache of landing page.

Sedo auction.

pheven

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, but I have had wild swing in LLLL.com traffic. Acronyms can be crazy, and I had 550 of them parked at Sedo to analyze.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Like I said, Sedo took it offline and they don't do that based on suspicion only.

HAYUT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro, In this case there was no cheating.

If you look at the entire picture you see that in addition to LBTN
Tried to discredit me with another domain(FC2.biz) name even is not mine.

Mr. Toilet later claimed that he asked for my response before that he published the post.
i Proved by the screenshots he lied.

I believe that whoever looks at the total picture believe this post is unnecessary and could be resolved in discrete.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like I said, Sedo took it offline and they don't do that based on suspicion only.

hmm they took it offline, but the auction is still running. I guess if SEDO were sure they would of taken it off the auction first. SEDO needs half a reason to take names off auction :/

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cartoonz, You see someone now...

I have had numerous dealings with Eli Hayut, and have always found him to be a man of his word. He has open, clear communications...

..and we're not seeing that here.
Explain where this "mystery" traffic comes from.
With info from the previous owner, Alexa, and other common traffic tools and indicators ALL calling bulls*it on the traffic, that's your proof it isn't real.
Instead of open, clear communication of where that traffic REALLY is coming from (proof), your guy offers up snarling nonsense - BECAUSE HE GOT CAUGHT.

Dan Lakey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After researching the traffic, the acronym, the timeframe-spike and other factors, I'm with the camp that this traffic was artificially inseminated. Plus I really just wanted to say that two-word phrase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom