Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trafficclub pretty disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phineasphog said:
On a side note- far as what someone said that Hitfarm is still "king" the truth is that if HF was paying so much I'd still be with them. I make better than 200% more on the same traffic using Klickerz/Skenzo than I did with Hitfarm. I don't see whats so kingly about that.

Its a good joke.

why use then klikerz or TC ? Simply sign up directly to skenzo. Someone was offering that in other board. Then maybe You can make more then %200 then in hitfarm.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Samuel said:
I tried to signup at KLICKERZ.COM but it keeps saying over and over,
"There were some problems with your information. Please revise your answers to the customization questions below and submit again."

I tried to revised as much as I can. No luck.

Samuel

If that screen continues to come up then there must be a required field that you are leaving blank. I tested it out again today and it worked fine for me. The most common reqd field left blank is the last one on the very bottom of the page.

If that doesnt work drop me a PM with your phone# and i'll walk thru it with you.

stuff said:
Its a good joke.

why use then klikerz or TC ? Simply sign up directly to skenzo. Someone was offering that in other board. Then maybe You can make more then %200 then in hitfarm.

3 reasons:

1) Because Klickerz can actually make you more on Skenzo than going to Skenzo direct. Even if you have the 1,000,000 uniques a month they want now for a new account. The same could be true for TC as well depending on the revshare they split. We're both getting top rates from them. Klickerz gives the domainer as much as 95% and if you have a million uniques a month this is undoubtably the level you'd be at.

2) Klickerz is working on developing its own ad network. Frankly we still need a much greater traffic volume before doing this. But thats the plan. As we grow we will be implementing direct-to-advertiser relationships and that should account for much greater revenue potential.

3) Klickerz is currently 60% owned by a domainer's cooperative. That means that Klickerz belongs to whoever decides to become a member, buys in for a full share and pays their dues. Currently the price of one share is $5000. That price WILL likely go up. No guarantees of course.

chois said:
phineasphog,
I took a look at Klickerz and have couple questions.

Does Klickersz monetize Chinese traffic?
Is there any way I can put a link saying: Domain for Sale in my parking page?

Chinese: yes, so long as china isn't blocking our landers.

Sales link: In about 1 month the new version will be released that will allow for custom links, banners, etc.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since you brought it up I'll pretty much agree with what you just said. At ParkItNow.com we've been in the same boat with "Skenzo" traffic. We too are a "reseller" of Skenzo and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why we weren't able to "match" Traffic Club on the same domains. We were always close but usually not better. Now it makes sense.

We too lost customers because our service "wasn't as good" when in fact it now turns out we were better. :)

My own feelings on this and how we handle a situation like this are:
1) If the provider themselves (i.e. Skenzo) gives out bad data AND DOESN'T PAY for the error, then it would get corrected and the user gets paid what is truly owed them. In theory if the user was directly with Skenzo (or other company with reporting problem) then they would have experienced the same issue and benefit/loss.
2) If said company supplies bad data BUT DOES PAY FOR THE ERROR then it should get passed on directly to the customer just as they would have received directly.
3) If 3rd party platform has bad code that imports information incorrectly and it goes more then a day in the system like that then:
A) If it would benefit the customer to fix it then you fix it and the customer benefits from the mistake.
B) If the customer would be hurt by it then you fix it BUT issue a credit (stats get corrected but user keeps extra money).

There should be checks and balances in any 3rd party platform/system to AT LEAST make sure you are never paying out more then you take in. :)

There are downsides to these types of errors in reporting that go beyond how a company handles it. What if I the domainer sees a "new trend" with some of his domains that are performing well and goes out and registers/purchases 100, 1000 more like it? If the decision is based on bad stats then this person's true "loss" is more then just having their stats corrected!

Just my 2 cents.

phineasphog said:
Hello all,

I've been away from the board since forever it seems, at least a couple of months anyway. I've heard about the Traffic Club problem and feel its only right that I offer my own observations here.

I had heard some time ago that TC's Skenzo stats were substantially higher than what Klickerz was doing with the same traffic. I could never understand how they could pull such a thing off seeing as we are both getting about the top deal from Skenzo and knowing that I'm splitting about 85%-90% that revenue with the domainer, which is a few points above what I belive TC regularly splits. Now I get it. The figures were artificially inflated and those reported sums will not actually be paid. Go figure.

So whats been lost by the affected domainers isn't so much the "revenue" that was never actually earned and won't be paid. Rather its the opportunity to have done business with a partner who may actually have been giving them a better deal all along. For a couple of months now TC has been able to "compete" on uneven terms by using erroneous reporting. Many domainers must have believed that Traffic Club was a better place to park their names than was Klickerz. Now after some number of months it turns out that it t'aint neccesarily so. I feel that both Klickerz and the community have sufferred.

Now I know Monte, I like to think of him as a friend. We've even played poker together and I do belive he's an honorable guy. I don't believe that he did this intentionally. But intentional or not its still pretty F'd up. I've been struggling like crazy for the last few months, traveling, sponsoring different shows, etc, to get out the good word about Klickerz and finally it turns out that all along I've been playing against a stacked deck. Thankfully thats over now.

I guess thats about all there is to say. If anyone wants to give Klickerz a shot we make it easy. Just signup and we'll have you going within a business day, 2 at the most. Mention this thread and we'll start you out at 90% revshare. You read that right, 90%!

On a side note- far as what someone said that Hitfarm is still "king" the truth is that if HF was paying so much I'd still be with them. I make better than 200% more on the same traffic using Klickerz/Skenzo than I did with Hitfarm. I don't see whats so kingly about that.

chois said:
Is there any way I can put a link saying: Domain for Sale in my parking page?

You can do this at ParkItNow.com. Take a look at: http://www.adultlovedating.info for an example Skenzo page with a for sale link at the top. In this case it goes to an auction. This is configurable to be an auction, BIN, offer request, etc... There is no charge or commission due if you sell a domain via our system unlike Sedo, etc as it's one of the many FREE services you get to take advantage on our platform.

Carlo

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phineasphog said:
3 reasons:

1) Because Klickerz can actually make you more on Skenzo than going to Skenzo direct. Even if you have the 1,000,000 uniques a month they want now for a new account. The same could be true for TC as well depending on the revshare they split. We're both getting top rates from them. Klickerz gives the domainer as much as 95% and if you have a million uniques a month this is undoubtably the level you'd be at.

competition is already so tight, that if I would have the 1 mil uniques monthly I could get anywhere a better deal. You proobably get a better deal with 0.5 mil uniques in month. Even I with my 0.5 mil visits in month get offers from parking companys to park just with them. Offering %15 more revenue or whatever. But how can I trust a parking company where the OWNER or co -owner says that You will make %200 more then in last one?? And all others say that the revenue is not over the avarage.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many people shoot themselves in the foot trying to get the absolute best rates from a provider and end up having to point all the traffic at the one parking site to have the volume needed. They very well could have been much better off using multiple parking sites depending on where the domain performs best.

No one parking site is going to ever perform best for all your domains. Each parking service tends to do better for certain types of domains. The trick is to put each domain where it earns the most.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cayars said:
Many people shoot themselves in the foot trying to get the absolute best rates from a provider and end up having to point all the traffic at the one parking site to have the volume needed. They very well could have been much better off using multiple parking sites depending on where the domain performs best.

No one parking site is going to ever perform best for all your domains. Each parking service tends to do better for certain types of domains. The trick is to put each domain where it earns the most.

I takes too much time
Best way is to find a place where Your domains perform the best overall.
I don´t have time to test every domain.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
I takes too much time
Best way is to find a place where Your domains perform the best overall.
I don´t have time to test every domain.

Personally I disagree. I think the bigger the portfolio the more important it is to find the best parking service for each domain. If I put all my domains on the service that does best "overall" then I'd be loosing hundreds/thousands of dollars a month in lost revenue.

I do agree that it "can" take a lot of time to do this on your own but there are automated ways to do this too. :)

Carlo

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
competition is already so tight, that if I would have the 1 mil uniques monthly I could get anywhere a better deal. You proobably get a better deal with 0.5 mil uniques in month. Even I with my 0.5 mil visits in month get offers from parking companys to park just with them. Offering %15 more revenue or whatever. But how can I trust a parking company where the OWNER or co -owner says that You will make %200 more then in last one?? And all others say that the revenue is not over the avarage.

I didnt say that you would make 200% more than anywhere else. I just laid out the fact that I made and continue to make better than double (200%) using Klickerz/Skenzo than I did using Hitfarm. That was in Nov last year, just after dodging the hurricane at the TRAFFIC show, and it really blew me away and is what prompted me to form Klickerz as a new parking company.

Everyone's situation is going to be different of course, no 2 portfolios are the same. If I wasn't making more money with the Klickerz program than I'd find the place where I would. I can't guurantee you'll get the same results but I would be very surprised if you didn't make more money with us.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Phineas offer is compelling for sure. But I have a problem with the blatant opportunism going on here. Phineas, the first post indicated that the revenue stats problems were approximately a two week issue.

In a matter of hours yesterday almost $2000 was taken away from my May revenue going back over 2 weeks.

You make it sound like it has been the perpetual cause of TrafficClubs competitiveness:

I had heard some time ago that TC's Skenzo stats were substantially higher than what Klickerz was doing with the same traffic. I could never understand how they could pull such a thing off seeing as we are both getting about the top deal from Skenzo and knowing that I'm splitting about 85%-90% that revenue with the domainer, which is a few points above what I belive TC regularly splits. Now I get it. The figures were artificially inflated and those reported sums will not actually be paid. Go figure.

Many domainers must have believed that Traffic Club was a better place to park their names than was Klickerz. Now after some number of months it turns out that it t'aint neccesarily so. I feel that both Klickerz and the community have sufferred.

Do you have some evidence that this was a systemic and long-term problem at TrafficClub? If not, I think you are engaging in a dangerous opportunistic activity and I think it puts your credibility into question.

I operate in a competitive environment myself and I compete successfully. But I never, ever go about it this way. There are better ways to do business and be successful, this is shameful in my opinion.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
Phineas offer is compelling for sure. But I have a problem with the blatant opportunism going on here. Phineas, the first post indicated that the revenue stats problems were approximately a two week issue.

You make it sound like it has been the perpetual cause of TrafficClubs competitiveness:

Do you have some evidence that this was a systemic and long-term problem at TrafficClub? If not, I think you are engaging in a dangerous opportunistic activity and I think it puts your credibility into question.

I operate in a competitive environment myself and I compete successfully. But I never, ever go about it this way. There are better ways to do business and be successful, this is shameful in my opinion.

I've had many reports from different people over the last few months that didn't seem to make sense, but I do not have any privilaged information or hard evidence. All I have is Monte's admission that some accounts were effected. If it werent for that I'd have nothing at all to back up what I've thought was a problem for some time.

I've been working very hard at making Klickerz a genuine resource for domainers, something to be proud of. I havn't made a dime yet, in fact I've spent thousands of dollars so far and spent way more time than I care to think about. In the begining I turned over 65% of the ownership of the Klickerz project to the coop so that in the end it would trully be the domainers company.

I apologize if I've come off as oppportunistic. I'm not at all happy about this situation, there is no glee over what is clearly an embarasment to our industry. I'm actually very PO'd and the more I think about it the more PO'd I get. So perhaps in that light I've gotten a bit carried away. Maybe. I'm not sure. But I sure didn't mean for this to become some sort of rant.

Perhaps Monte will come back and reveal the full extent of the over reporting. That could help clear things up.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I apologize, I could have worded that less agressively. The more I thought about it, the more I could understand your excitement at believing a riddle had been solved that was plagueing your business. It's possible you could have overlooked the part that this was approximately a two-week problem. Probably best to let Monte clear it up.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
I apologize, I could have worded that less agressively. The more I thought about it, the more I could understand your excitement at believing a riddle had been solved that was plagueing your business. It's possible you could have overlooked the part that this was approximately a two-week problem. Probably best to let Monte clear it up.

Ha ha! Now thats a clever spin. I notice in your profile you declare Moniker to be your favored registrar. Sounds like you too have a horse in this race.

Like I said before, what I've heard from a few leaves me to believe that its more than just 2 weeks that were affected. But certainly not everyone reported that TC was paying higher and that lends credence to Monte's declaration that it was only 40 out of 600 accounts that were misreorted. A number of people have tried both TC and Klickerz and many obviously stayed with us. I'm sure that some went with TC. What I don't know is how many went with TC for the wrong reasons. A few at least. And I believe it you review the thread you'll find some others also reporting about it being more than just 2 weeks that are at issue as well. So its not just me making stuff up.

synergy

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phineasphog: I would stop advertising your parking company in this thread. If you want to make ridiculous promises do them in the proper place and not a thread in the TrafficClub section.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah i have to say.. probably not the best place for it.

However some of the things he said seem fair enough.. i really doubt TC did any of this on ourpose though.

They seem like a very ethical company from my dealings with them and what i have read also..

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ha ha! Now thats a clever spin. I notice in your profile you declare Moniker to be your favored registrar. Sounds like you too have a horse in this race.

Tread lightly my friend, you may be speaking out of turn. I don't know Monte, I only know these things:

1) I found Moniker through praise on this forum less than 5 months ago.
2) I was very impressed when Monte responded personally to my e-mails three times in one day to help me get set up at Moniker.
3) I now save $1 on each registration and have the option to drop names after 4 days.
4) I have some domains at TrafficClub, maybe 20% of my revenue comes from there.

I don't know what my clever "spin" was. I was only saying that I could understand your actions, given the situation. Now you've made me sorry for having said that. I suggest you do not attempt to imply that I am a paid shill for Monte/Moniker or TrafficClub. I don't even have an affiliate program in my signature.

Duck

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is that everyone is wrong. Who cares? At the end of the day and end-user sale has to be made at some point. Before long everyone will be able to just set up a few affiliate programs and be done with it....no middle-men.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phineasphog said:
I didnt say that you would make 200% more than anywhere else. I just laid out the fact that I made and continue to make better than double (200%) using Klickerz/Skenzo than I did using Hitfarm. That was in Nov last year, just after dodging the hurricane at the TRAFFIC show, and it really blew me away and is what prompted me to form Klickerz as a new parking company.

Everyone's situation is going to be different of course, no 2 portfolios are the same. If I wasn't making more money with the Klickerz program than I'd find the place where I would. I can't guurantee you'll get the same results but I would be very surprised if you didn't make more money with us.

whatever...

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
My Loss was the same or more.

I actually was giving them more traffic because the performance was looking good before the "error" so I actually lost more money since I wouldn't have moved some names to them had the stats been correct.

I'm out of there now and am happy with Klickerz so far.

Nitro..Are you talking about your skeenzo names doing well over at klickerz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom