Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transfer denied ... because of name servers change !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I won a dropped domain name with Godaddy on Feb 14.
On March 29 I changed the name servers.
A week ago I started a transfer but I receive this message :
Dear Customer,

The transfer of DOMAINNAME.COM from GoDaddy.com to another registrar could not be completed for the following reason(s):

The domain was recently transferred to GoDaddy.com. For security purposes, it may not be transferred again for 60 days.

If you believe that this domain name does not fit the situation described above, please contact us at http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/support.asp for assistance.

After emailing to support, they say that I made "changes" to to domain name on March 29. The only change I remember was the name server. I didn't change any of the contacts.
So, it seems they're denying the transfer just because the change of name servers !? I found this unbelievable. I don't think other registrar have such strict restrictions. Please, let me know if I'm wrong.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It isn't the nameservers. I would ask them specifically what you changed. They will only deny a transfer if the contact details are modified.

I added a middle initial to my name prior and they denied the transfer. If I would have called support I am sure I could have had them approve it, but I wasn't going to waste my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom