Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

"Transfer fee" although account push is possible? Ebay question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Anyway, he relisted it and i'll move on :)

Keep an eye on your feedback Beatz. If he leaves you a negative then I would do likewise and I then WOULD take the time to file a complaint with Ebay for his attempted fee avoidance.

I am in total agreement with Bob's comments on this. As I said before, when I see sellers trying to pull this it gives me a very negative impression of that seller. I feel like they are trying to pull something and cannot be trusted. Is it worth it to you to have potential customers view you as a scam artist (even if that is an extreme view to take)?

Start the auction at $9.99 (the listing fee is the same) - and proudly state in your description that there are NO transfer fees. That is the approach that will set you apart from the others and let buyers know you are not trying to put one over on them. Sellers who do otherwise make the mistake of thinking buyers are stupid - so you insult them on that level as well as leaving your own ethics in question.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Start the auction at $9.99 (the listing fee is the same) - and proudly state in your description that there are NO transfer fees.

I **NEVER** list a transfer fee in my auctions. And as you say, I PROUDLY state that in my auctions too :D

-Bob

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
>This is 100% legal and is smart sales tactics.

Bullshit. It's against eBay policy.

You want us to make one of YOUR eBay auctions a test case?

Drewbert

There is over 1,000 examples to choose from on Ebay. You can start with my current auction listing if you would like.

Nothing is better than a good challenge!!!

:cool:

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>If Greg put a 1% fee on all sales via this board, wold you all slap on a $15 transfer fee to diddle him out of money?

Still haven't had an answer to this one from all those sellers out there that are happyto rip eBay off?

Cat got your tongue?

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Nothing is better than a good challenge!!!

OK then Webhold, put your eBay auction ID where your mouth is...

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>If Greg put a 1% fee on all sales via this board, wold you all slap on a $15 transfer fee to diddle him out of money?

Still haven't had an answer to this one from all those sellers out there that are happyto rip eBay off?

Cat got your tongue?

If greg put a 1% sales fee on the board, he surely would not have to charge membership fees anymore :D

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>Nothing is better than a good challenge!!!

OK then Webhold, put your eBay auction ID where your mouth is...

ok 3404873774

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wassamatter? Getting scared?

C'mon - "99% of domain sellers do it so it's legal". Give us your REAL auction ID.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold

ok 3404873774

That's an auction # - not your Ebay ID which is Webhold.

With respect to the auction, where are you hiding the $15 transfer fee? I can't find it mentioned ANYWHERE on your auction page. Don't tell me you don't bother to tell people until the auction is over - that would be far worse than trying to just hide it in small print.

Incidently, a group of names appraised at $600,000 is being offered for $399. Are there any more questions about the value of "professional" domain appraisals? :)

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Where are you hiding the $15 transfer fee? I can't find it mentioned ANYWHERE on your auction page. Don't tell me you don't bother to tell people until the auction is over - that would be far worse than trying to just hide it in small print.

Incidently, a group of names appraised at $600,000 is being offered for $399. Are there any more questions about the value of "professional" domain appraisals? :)

No I put it in the payment instructions. End of listing, bottom right hand corner

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold

No I put it in the payment instructions. End of listing, bottom right hand corner

Could you have possibly have made it any harder for people to find? :laugh:
No mention of it in your auction description whatsoever. This is exactly what I mean by a seller leaving the impression that he thinks the buyer is stupid and and he can put something over on them.

Also I see you value your one minute of time at $35 instead of $15! I know there is more than one domain but most registrars let you push a list, so it can still be done easily in 60 seconds.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In order to be competitive on ebay, you need to be different from the masses.

The person that puts in the extra picture or extra information has an edge.

The most successful ebayer's have a starting price of $1.00 for domains and a $15 push fee.

I do not think it is deceptive, there is a clear box for payment instructions.

You are right that some people will not bid because of that.

In my situation I chose to lower the selling price while keeping the flat fee.

I am more interested in Drewbert bringing this to the attention of EBay. I hope that he sees it thru so we can get a ruling.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I don't want to leave the impression that I think guys like you or -RJ- are dishonest, just letting you know the impression I have as a buyer when I see these transfer fees tucked away in the fine print. I'm not telling anyone how to run their business - it's just how I personally react to such listings as a buyer. You guys have to decide what you think is best for you and your own customer relations.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That is a good point. Professional appraisals are a waste of money for the most part.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom