Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trying to reach Penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This transaction has been concluded in a timely manner - the problem was email delivery.

I want to complete the purchase of FreeMailBoexes.com from the auction. This user does not allow email from the forum - and has not answered my PM - Anyone know how I can contact this person?

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Try the WhoIs "Admin" e-mail address ... but whatever you do, please keep us posted, as all transactions are to occur or good-faith transfer within 24 hours! :)
Good Luck.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost
Try the WhoIs "Admin" e-mail address ... but whatever you do, please keep us posted, as all transactions are to occur or good-faith transfer within 24 hours! :)
Good Luck.

I will post few things tonight about this because there are some not good things going on about the auction many rules not followed on 2 of the names I bought, I think something need to be done to prevent people to post the names on the auction for sale and then don't follow the rules or much bad they don't even answer to email or they answer with bla bla bla
Mike

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree Mike, one of my buyers from Saturday night still have not responded to the winning bid of my domains.
:upset:

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was Sunday....perhaps folks were relaxing, and not checking their email? If they don't settle up by Tuesday, then I'd start to worry....

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My auctions went well both fenderboy and -RJ- made payment instantly and names were sent within 30 minutes of the end of each of my auctions

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold 2 cheap auction last saturday and paid the same day. Though I agree with Mike that we should have strict rules in Live Auction such as failure to abide will ban them for at least 1 month in live auction. Just an example.

tw

Syd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread ties in with an idea I had to improve post-auction transactions:

Maybe a good idea would be to implement a "Feedback" system whereby DNF members would "sign up" to take part in the auctions. Whilst signing up members would agree to a statement regarding auction rules. The group of "auction members" could then be listed, giving other users who take part in a transaction with them an opportunity to leave +/- feedback along with a comment; similar to the system that keeps eBay a relatively safe place to do business.

This would provide an incentive for all users taking part in the auctions to carry out their post-auction responsibilities as efficiently as is possible. This transparency would certainly make both buyers & sellers more confident in using the live auctions - which are IMO a stroke of genius ;)

Incidentally I sold 2 names & purchased 1; & I would certainly be leaving + feedback for !ben, DNQuest & NameGuy, as it was a pleasure doing business with all three.

Just an idea :)

Syd.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
Yesterday was Sunday....perhaps folks were relaxing, and not checking their email? If they don't settle up by Tuesday, then I'd start to worry....

Was "Super Bowl Sunday", as well! :) I do agree with George ... but I would still like to have an 'area such as this for updates/feedback, etc. on the auction transfers, etc. as the last post noted! Good job.
Good Luck.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have made contact with Penquin

I also had a transaction with Icehole as well - and it went faster than I can Type!!

Syd - a rating system - such as the one at eBay would be a greally great idea

Syd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... Great minds think alike!

I should visit the Lounge more often :D

Syd.

Syd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... It's happened again - this is getting freaky!

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once we were able to make contact, Penguin completed the transfer immediately - it was an email delay.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Great thread! Commented on Izopod's too ... good job! :)

And, to LewR ... THANK YOU for keeping us abreast here on your transaction with Penguin. It makes for a good story, and it was nice/fair to ensure that Penguin does, in fact, have AAA credibility with you. This post should give everyone here enough confidence to transact with him/her. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom