Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Type Ins

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eds

There's a one word .org that when typed into Overture, exactly as is, returns 3k results for month of Sept, is this worth a reg?

Domain Days 2024

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Only site owners and competitors type domain names into search engines.

E

eds

Thanks BigFart-new to this domain game. Perhaps I will use my $8 for lunch tommorrow. It was just a one word "word", no
.tld

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sometimes "typein" domains that aren't .com, when trying to guess the address of something noncommercial... for instance, when I read today of Bush signing the bill creating a Department of Homeland Security, I checked to see if they had a website by looking at www.dhs.gov -- that actually worked (though it redirected to a subdirectory with employment info since their main page isn't created yet).

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And as far as people typing domain names into search engines, some of my pages get search engine hits from people who typed things like "www.registermyaccount.com" into a search engine, and that address happens to be mentioned in the text of my site (where I criticize Citibank for using silly gimmick names like that instead of logical subdomains). There seem to be lots of people out there too mind-numbingly stupid to know how to type URLs into the address bar of their browser instead of a search engine. Probably the same airheads who type in their email address with "www." in front of it when filling out web forms.

asgard

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eds said:
There's a one word .org that when typed into Overture, exactly as is, returns 3k results for month of Sept, is this worth a reg?

eds said:
Thanks BigFart-new to this domain game. Perhaps I will use my $8 for lunch tommorrow. It was just a one word "word", no
.tld

OMG..

asgard

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I've just thought that was a sad story.

If he registered it, he could make some money instead of his satiety.

But there was no way to effectively monetize traffic domains at that time.. right?

Not much to say more than that..

Oh.. I'm so sorry! I didn't read this part: "It was just a one word "word", no
.tld"

Maybe I should :sleep:.. I've caught a cold :ranger:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom