Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

UDRP complaint filed by a Panelist

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We got a UDRP Complaint at the (Hong Kong) Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre (ADNDRC). www.adndrc.org

As I was going through the Panelists I saw that the person signing the Complaint is also a Panelist at this Centre.
Actually 3 of the Panelists work at the Law Company that prepared the Complaint.

Has anyone seen this before? Please provide links.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does your domain tie to him in any obvious way you see?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Besides the Panelist signing the Complaint? What do you mean?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does the paneist have any TMs related to your domain or does your domain relate to them (name, etc.) in any way?

Here you go:

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/statement/panel.html

I think it would be impossible for a panelist who works for the company (or a person working at the same company) that is filinf the WIPO to be impartial.

Last edited:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To make things clear there hasn't been an appointment of the case Panelists.

No, Panelist doesn't have a TM related to my domain. No, the domain does not relate to them.
Panelist prepared the Complaint while working for a Law Company that is representing the Complainant.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, so the panelist is not the panelist for the case?

Does your domain have anything to do with the lawfirm? Do you know who they are acting on behalf of (the complainant)? Is your domain related to any of them?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it were then we wouldn't be talking. I would have sued them already. I am waiting to see who the Panelists will be.
Nothing to do with the lawfirm.
Of course I know the Complainant.

OK, so the panelist is not the panelist for the case?

Does your domain have anything to do with the lawfirm? Do you know who they are acting on behalf of (the complainant)? Is your domain related to any of them?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

John posted this a few years back:
http://www.dnforum.com/f26/lawsuit-...-complainant-2-thread-299306.html#post1458778

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, what an uphill battle. You have lawyers who are also panelists preparing and signing the complaint for the complainant. That sure sounds like a win/win for the complainant.

At this juncture, you need to see who you can line up in your behalf who has International TM / Domain Dispute Resolution experience. Obviously, with this being signed in China and (assuming) you are in Greece, this goes beyond national and international borders.

The issue as you described it sounds like a massive conflict of interest but we know the Chinese laws may be totally representative of the government interests, therefore the concept of conflict of interest may not actually exist in a Chinese court as everything would seem to benefit the Chinese government and institutions.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Illegal? No. Unethical? Absolutely. The panelist fees are so low that it pays handsomely to be an IP attorney for a large firm instead.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I think that Panelists should only be judges (or retired judges) and academics. But that is just me.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Complainant has now send their list of the 3 preferred panelists.
I only checked their first choice and it appears that:
1) He and the "lawyer/panelist" have decided, on 1 or more cases, together on a 3 member panel.
2) They are both members of the same internet council. (that has 8 members)
3) They have probably worked together at a University.

What should I do?

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have a lawyer on your side?
I suppose you should talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Panelist is only trying to work hard to support his family by working three jobs - the Judge , the Jury and the Executioner !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom