Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Uglypeople.com back on namepros

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer beware. This user is uglypeople.com who got banned on DNFORUM last year (also owns locals.com)
Sold a myspace typo that he knew had a C&D and didn't tell the buyer who ended up having to give the domain to myspace after spending xx,xxx on it. uglypeople.com even said he knew he received it but wanted to cash out quickly.
where the incident took place and he got bannedhttp://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=127973

his face shows up again here http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=1785248

username: anunt

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To tell the truth he was back at np's ( April 06 ) and here as well a LONG time ago. Nothing new, he screwed alot of people, admitted it, banned, rejoined when the heat cooled and no one with any authority cares or needs to be pressured to care. I called him out a few times when he first resurfaced but no one did a thing, I think he may have been banned here again after hanging around a few more months. :veryangry: All you can do is post it like this and hope you save someone some money.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea i know he has been back for a while. Now is is up to his "big" buys again.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea i know he has been back for a while. Now is is up to his "big" buys again.

I posted at np's as well. Like I said if anyone cares, he'll be banned and should be, I recall the whole thing clearly.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep me too. I have been scammed by too many people and have lost $xx,xxx over the years. However I have never done business with this guy thank goodness.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for heads up guys. i remember when he was banned last time
cheers

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info DNWizard!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all did ALOT of business with anunt patel and he had some great domains, he bought many domains from many of us for $x,xxx and higher...what he did with the myspace typos was VERY WRONG...but at least he admitted it publicly and I'm not totally sure whether he "fixed" it or not..the whole thing was very out of his character and was rather hard to believe and if it can be shown he satisfied this old issue then personally I would sell him domains or buy from him if it was a good deal and not some TM name obviously..at some point the past has to be put behind us...does anyone know if he ever resolved this issue with the buyer? Also, keep in mind when you spend thousands of dollars on obvious TM infringing domains with ALOT of traffic and high ovt with ext you have to expect them to be taken away at some point in the game. Do we even know if the domain in question was actually taken away? See these are all questions that need to be answered before another public hanging..

side note: I also bought some of these myspace typos from this same sale and they were never taken away by myspace and were later resold and are still parked today..for what it's worth.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all did ALOT of business with anunt patel and he had some great domains, he bought many domains from many of us for $x,xxx and higher...what he did with the myspace typos was VERY WRONG...but at least he admitted it publicly and I'm not totally sure whether he "fixed" it or not..the whole thing was very out of his character and was rather hard to believe and if it can be shown he satisfied this old issue then personally I would sell him domains or buy from him if it was a good deal and not some TM name obviously..at some point the past has to be put behind us...does anyone know if he ever resolved this issue with the buyer? Also, keep in mind when you spend thousands of dollars on obvious TM infringing domains with ALOT of traffic and high ovt with ext you have to expect them to be taken away at some point in the game. Do we even know if the domain in question was actually taken away? See these are all questions that need to be answered before another public hanging..

side note: I also bought some of these myspace typos from this same sale and they were never taken away by myspace and were later resold and are still parked today..for what it's worth.

LOL, i did my homework before I posted this. I remember 100% what happened last year. The new owner had the domain taken from him by myspace. Check the old thread that I posted up top. It gives the conclusion. That is why he got banned. Maybe you should read it and do some homework before attacking me.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should read it and do some homework before attacking me.

Where did I attack you? :confused: If you feel that way I apologize but surely there are no attacks at all towards YOU in my posting above, I hate to deflate your ego but it really has nothing to do with you bro, as you said yourself YOU never did any business with him so other than what you read posted on the forum you are'nt really overly qualified to start posting about it and warning everyone of the big bad wolf..ya feel me?

Nobody is arguing here about him being banned, etc. I'm just sharing my input and if you remember there was like 5-6 big high traffic typos that were sold in that sale and I bought two of them and they were not taken away EVER and no letters were received on them either. I was there in the thread reading it as it happened also and also there when he got banned (with good cause) and it was for exactly what happened as you said with the myspace typo and the deal with Dan, (who is an awesome dude imo) my point is...did it actually get taken away and did he ever satisfy the "bad" deal or did Dan get his money back? I happen to have bought many names from Anunt in the past before that sale and never had a problem and also he had bought all of those myspace typo domains from OTHER SELLERS here on the forum in the few months before selling them, he was using them to direct traffic to his site UglyPeople.com and I don't think they converted for him as he had planned..we all took some BIG risks buying and selling them in the first place to be honest and there were already some big warnings about them getting C&D letters from myspace when news corp took over the site and the news was all over the forum at the time...just trying to put things in perspective before we all go on a big witch hunt. He is on NP's and NOT DNF right?

Anyways, I am curious myself as to what the outcome was so I have PM'd Dan with a link to this new thread and asked if he can update us on if it was ever resolved..

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is all I recall as FACT.

1. At the time ALOT of myspace typos were being sold.
2. GT Web ( I think ) mentioned he bet alot of C&D's were going out and that was why.
3. Anunt aka Uglypeople posted his for sale.
4. Immediately many asked ( myself included ) if he received C&D's, he said no.
5. They were sold and most were taken immediately, some research discovered he HAD received C&D's on them or most and flat out lied to his buyers.
6. A huge thread commenced calling him out on it in which he CLEARLY made in known he did know, but he got screwed too so too bad.

The guy ripped off thousands from many members and to this day no one got a dime back. Im glad you didnt have issues Chris but the fact is selling a tm/typo to a buyer who understands the risk and selling a name you already received a cease on and lying about it is different. I dont care if he sold a zillion dollars in names since.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very well put JP, agree on many points above...I will reserve further comments about Anunt until we find out from Dan if he ever got his money back in the deal, either from paypal, his c.c. or antunt. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe only 2 domains were affected, and were they actually taken away? (maybe someone can research this) The guy owns some of the best personals and dating domains on the Internet and had some major 3 letter .com domains as well so imo he was very financially capable of fixing a bad situation, so hopefully he did.......we will see..

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheLegendaryJP said:
The guy ripped off thousands from many members

Who besides Dan was taken by Anunt?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The guy ripped off thousands from many members and to this day no one got a dime back.
Good question...who are the "many members?"
I think it was one deal gone bad...and the rest of the domains/deals kind of got thrown in the equation.

Nobody is debating what happened with the myspace typos but don't exaggerate..

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I knew all along there were ugly people on name pros. Did you see my pic on MoFo Cus' thread?

Seriously, must have been before my time.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol...ugly people..hahahaha

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Didn't the buyers of known trademark domains agree a while back that possible legal action/reposession is "just a cost of doing business"? Since when does a seller give amoney-back guarantee that a domain is 'trademark free'?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question...who are the "many members?"
I think it was one deal gone bad...and the rest of the domains/deals kind of got thrown in the equation.

Nobody is debating what happened with the myspace typos but don't exaggerate..

even one deal makes him look very very bad - shooting off your c&d domains for $xx,xxx and not revealing it to the buyer is just plain wrong.

Just this one deal has cast a shadow on him.

Knowing the guys past I have doubts he paid the guy back.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Didn't the buyers of known trademark domains agree a while back that possible legal action/reposession is "just a cost of doing business"? Since when does a seller give amoney-back guarantee that a domain is 'trademark free'?

Anunt admitted (later) he got a C&D letter on the domain before selling it to Dan along with some others he had to some other members including myself that DID NOT get C&D letters (they were all in the same sale), he misrepresented this and acted like they were free and clear when a few were not...this is why he got banned. Dan found out because myspace emailed him and told him they contacted the previous owner already.
It would have been OK had he warned the buyer up front, but then again everyone kind of knew the risk involved so that's an ongoing debate about whats right or wrong...I know anunt himself had alot of $ tied up in myspace typos and for all we know he might have bought it from someone with existing issues...he did not have them very long before the sale. This still does'nt make him the big bad wolf..but it's not right at all either and should have been fixed with the buyer, and if not..it still should, only then can it be forgiven..sometimes we make bad decisions and do dumb shit but that does'nt mean it can't be fixed and that we don't learn from it.

Ok - update from DAN. FYI, it was a $1,500 deal...so as it stands..Anunt owes him $1,500 based upon what happened.

Hey Chris,

No...Paypal would not refund me so I lost my $1500.

I had to transfer the domain: ymspace.com to myspace. And in all this time, the domain has never been "redirected" back to myspace.com. It was getting 450+ uniques a day back then. So, it has just been a "non-resolving" domain.

Kind of "badfaith" on everyones end....LOL

Thanks for your reply, you can post this in the thread if you want.

Best,
Dan

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are multiple members, if they wish to post that is up to them.

What he did was not sell a TM name to people who were willing to take the risk it MIGHT get taken, he sold names he KNEW were getting taken. Had he been honest non of those members would have completed the deal. Not for one second can anyone defend his actions, they were calculated, deceitful and amount to ripping off many members here. Anyone who even remotely defends his actions is a piece of shit and should be watched by others as they too see no wrong in ripping people off. It is not open for debate wether it happened or not, the case is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom