Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Unbelievable moniker Support

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
read from bottom up, this incompetence is infurating to say the least

05/16/2012 12:46 PM | me
I give up trying to explain this to you, read what I have written again.. To be honest I expected that your support staff would be more knowledgeable in DNS matters if they are altering DNS settings on behalf of clients,case closed.

05/15/2012 09:01 PM | David Fede
We apologize for your inconvenience Kris, it appears that when you requested the update, yesterday all of the settings necessary for the forwarding to work along with the mx records were not completely setup. They are setup now, and appear to be working. We appreciate your business. If this issue is solved, reply with ok to close this case. Thanks again for your business

05/15/2012 08:49 PM | me
Of course they are, I have had to go in and put all my MX records back in! FYI when you set my URL forwarding to the template you wiped all the MX records for my domain and killed my email for about 24hrs. This is why I did not do this myself but asked for support! You should have checked to see if I had zone records before you did that, don't you understand!

05/15/2012 08:40 PM | David Fede
Hi Kris, As shown in the attached screenshot that was emailed to you, it appears that the the url forwarding and mx records are setup properly in your moniker account. We appreciate your business, if you have more questions, please let us know.

05/15/2012 12:03 PM | me
Thats all very well but you just wiped out my MX records!!!

05/14/2012 07:50 PM | Glenda May
Moniker Account number: 99999 Hello Kris, Thank you for contacting us. My apologies for the inconvenience. The name just needed to be placed on the URL Forwarding template. I did that this morning. Please check to see if it is going to the correct site. Thank you again for choosing Moniker as your registrar. We do appreciate your business. If this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction, please request this ticket to be closed. Thank you, Glenda May Sr. Client Services Representative Supporting Moniker.com

Your Question: URL Forwarding is not working for domain domain.com

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"Thanks again for your business" is the real killer.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use a third party DNS service.

If you're looking for a free service (50 domains), dns.he.net for example.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd find it hard to believe if this were your 1st jab w/Moniker but if it is, welcome to the club lol, in my case you get an email saying a "senior rep" has to handle it when it's literally yes or no, or 2 + 2, then someone who doesn't know their ass from their elbow says something stupid, then they don't answer even if you post here, then those $10 or so aren't worth your time, or you take the name elsewhere asa you can

I keep hearing Moniker's best days are behind, that those was Monte's days, I guess he quit just as I got into domaining, they fell out of the top 10 registrars long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom