Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unheard of service from NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would anyone here believe me if I said I transferred a domain out of Network Solutions and into eNom all in one day? Just to make it more interesting, it went from a client of mine to me, changing all of the contact info areas.

Unbelievable. This may just cause me to re-evaluate my deep hatred for them.

On second thought, there's no need to be rash.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe it. Was it a .org?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's actually been like that since the beginning of this year. They have implemented a new transfer out mechanism.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave It's actually been like that since the beginning of this year. They have implemented a new transfer out mechanism.

I had that happen too. Was trying to transfer a com for past 2 or 3 yrs from NetSol with no luck as it was locked and they refused to unlock it without the email addr matching but it could not match as I no longer had that address.

Tried transferring it a zillions times over those yrs and also called many times to no avail. Finally I thougt of trying one last time in Feb and amazingly it went thru immidiately with no delay or hassle and in an amazing 2 days, even though it was still locked at the time.

NetSol seems to have gone from one extreme to the other extreme. What idiots.

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a message from NetSol a little while ago proclaiming me as a "VIP customer" with a special phone and fax number, etc..

I didn't think it was anything special until I called them to make a change to something, and the "special" phone number didn't go to a voice maze and a PERSON picked up the phone on the second ring. I damn near died.

In the past, every phone call to them has meant spending at least 3 hours on hold (not an exaggeration)... and then waiting days for my fax to be processed.

I've had faxes processed within hours and requests made by phone handled in minutes.

So on that front, I think they've really done wonders with their customer service....

On the transfer front... I initiated a transfer of one of my own domains from DomainPeople over to NS (just to keep the two names together for management reasons) and it's still listed as "in process" :( It's been a couple days now, and I know I authorized the transfer (because the transfer verification request came to me... so like, why would I sit on it, right?)

Anyway... that's been my experience with them lately. Just wanted to throw in my 2 pennies.

Carolyn

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe if they had done this 2 years ago, they could have salvaged their reputation before all the great competition sprang up.

Oh well. Better late than never :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, don't be too happy; there are rumors that Verisign is planning on selling NetSol, and that's why all these improvements.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not for my client transfer request. Still in process for 2 or 3 days already.

Regards,
tw

M

mole

It took me the whole of one week to get my authorisation code for some .info domains, which I guess is pretty fast for Netsol - after having to go through all the rigmaroll of sending in account passwords and then having to sign and fax an authorisation form.

But I must say, these procedures do ensure tight security.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same old same old.

Needed an authorization code to transfer a .biz name away from NetSol. They emailed me the form, which I filled in and attempted to fax back to the number they provided.

I ATTEMPTED it 19 times over a period of 3 days. Finally, after contacting Customer Service (many times) and threatening to take my frustration public, they gave me an alternate number.

It worked!

The next step is to see what other hoops they put me through before the transfer finally succeeds.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Network Dolutions would have to do a lot more than make tranfers easy to get me to use them a again.
For years I had no choice but to reg through them. $100 per year :weird:
And for the last several years they've been fighting tooth-n-nail to make registration or transfer a rocket science.
They suck and they will always suck!
JMFO
Good Luck!

M

mole

Originally posted by NameCaster
Network Dolutions would have to do a lot more than make tranfers easy to get me to use them a again.

I agree. They need a DELETE MEMORY button.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
verisign, sell netsol?

What would it be with out it? NSI? LoL

Theycould just sell certificates and shit then....

Uhh why the hell would Verisign sell netsol.

INMHO both names have a very bad rep, espesially verisgn.
And what was up with like 6 months ago there was this huge thing were SOO many site had this thing "Verisign is a bad Company" audio.

Anyways... yea

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NetSol has just put one of my names, which I have had registered there since 1994, on unpaid status!

I renewed the registration for 5 years, though it is not due to expire until 10/03, and have not sent the payment out yet. It takes at times 30 to 60 days for me to receive an invoice, process the paperwork, and generate a check.

Now, they are threatening to deactivate the name, due to the renewal payment not arriving within their time frame.

That is the last straw.

Where do the big companies keep their names? Does anyone know of a registrar that accepts purchase orders, and will invoice for registrations and renewals? I am talking less than 100 names here, but they are important names, corporate names.

Any suggestions appreciated, cost in not the primary concern, security and reliability are most important.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use enom - you can send them a check to fill your account, then enjoy the good life with a registrar that makes everything easy for you

There is no shortage of people around here who could set you up with a reseller account. Or, I believe you can set one up directly through enom (with nobody above you) for a larger intitial investment (all returned in the way of domain registrations though)

Once you try it, you'll never look back

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNS Kidd ...where do the big companies keep their names? [/B]

Amazingy, most of the big companies keep their domains at NetSol. If you do a Whois on corporate names you will see NetSol far more often than anyone else.

Why, not sure other than the big firms are poorly informed how bad they are, or perhaps just plain stupid :D

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I vote for stupid, or at the very least, lazy and complacent

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the e-mail contacts for the brass at NetSol? I would like to fire off an e-mail to them.

I have a few thoughts regarding their service that I would like to share. I doubt it will have any effect, but I'll feel better about it.

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have the "super secret/special" VIP customer phone number and email addresses if you want to try going that route. At the very least, they answer the phone on the seond ring and usually take care of the problem right away.

I can get it to you, but you'll have to wait til I get back into the office. It's in a file I can't access just now :) I can PM you on Monday if you'd like.

Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom