Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unlocking @ enom

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to unlock your domains @ enom when they have expired? I want to unlock some domains as I want to transfer them to Moniker but won't be able to do it if they're locked. :-(

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think that you can administer an expired domain so no way to unlock it or transfer it.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks Mr. Webname. :-(

Reaction score
You will have to renew the domain first then transfer it to us. You will get an additional year when you transfer so you will not loose anything for moving them over early.

Let me know if you need any help

[email protected]

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Monte.. yeah, you recently set me up with a account with discount pricing so I'm trying to transfer some of my renewals there but I had planned to do with these ones, but found out I cannot unless I want to renew them for 2 years total heh... I'll get some names over there eventually. :)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, to transfer them over to you, I would first have to renew them at enom for atleast 1 year & then unlock them & then transfer them to you which will add another year on top of the initial 1 year with enom. :)

Reaction score
Well your extra year is with Moniker, not enom but you are right. You are actually paying for two years and getting 2 years on each domain.

M

mole

Still trying to figure this out, what's the difference between eNom and Moniker besides you can't transfer out domains from the latter? :huh:

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you mean Mole?

Reaction score
Mole,

Yes, what do you mean? Maybe we can speak in person and I can tell you the differences - one is that no one is here from enom addressing opportunities, other is you never get any upper management on the phone at enom in case of problems, etc. Pricing can be slightly better based on quantity, we sell domains, monetize traffic, have better drop capture tools, you can manage 5000 domains on a single page........and the list goes on.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Monte... I just tried to transfer a name to Moniker from NameCheap & it asked for a authorization code but it didn't give me one... it said it sent it to "[email protected]" ?

Reaction score
That means that namescheap is hijacking your admin emails to prevent transfers. please email [email protected] with the domain and your account number.

We will submit it for you manually and let them know to release it.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recent communication:

Hi Namecheap,

Please advise how I can obtain the authorization code for .org domains to allow transfer out.

Many thanks,

Reply:-
Hello,
Please send us the password on the account, so we can send you the information.

Regards,
Namecheap.com

I told them I didn't want to send it via email and that they should send the information to the Admin email address, which they did. They don't appear to have the means of allowing you to get the auth code yourself.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mcahn said:
That means that namescheap is hijacking your admin emails to prevent transfers. please email [email protected] with the domain and your account number.

We will submit it for you manually and let them know to release it.
email sent! :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This seems like a pain..I'd just keep your names at enom and simply use Moniker on a only as a trial basis as you make a few new regs.. order a few names through moniker and try them for awhile first..

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
This seems like a pain..I'd just keep your names at enom and simply use Moniker on a only as a trial basis as you make a few new regs.. order a few names through moniker and try them for awhile first..
That's pretty mcuh what I am doing.... I'll reg most my new names there "unless I need to use enom's API" & will also transfer any renewals there if I like their service. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom