Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unlocking Powerpipe Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a domain at Powerpipe that I won at auction. I want to transfer it to Enom but the transfer process was halted because the domain is "Locked".

I've been to the Powerpipe control panel and there doesn't appear to be anyway to lock or unlock a domain.

Anyone know how to do it?

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
I have a domain at Powerpipe that I won at auction. I want to transfer it to Enom but the transfer process was halted because the domain is "Locked".

I've been to the Powerpipe control panel and there doesn't appear to be anyway to lock or unlock a domain.

Anyone know how to do it?

Go into your master account and check the one you want to unlock and go to bottom of the page and click unlock.You may not have opened up your master account yet,go to manage domains and create master account

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I click on Manage Domains I get the following:

Menu of Options:
1) Renew a Domain SEE INSTRUCTIONS

2) View a MASTER LIST of your domains

3) LOG IN to manage a .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO or .US domain

4) DOMAIN TRANSFER: For information on transferring domains from another registrar to your account at PowerPipe.com, CLICK HERE

5) GLOBAL EDIT: Request a global edit for more than ten domains, CLICK HERE

6) LOST PASSWORD? Reset your password for any domain, CLICK HERE
7) HOSTING: Order HOSTING for a domain, CLICK HERE

8) HOW TO SET DNS: Get instructions on managing your DNS record, CLICK HERE

9) FREE URL FORWARDING: Get instructions on URL/email forwarding, CLICK HERE

10) REGISTER YOUR OWN NAMESERVER: Instructions on how to register your own nameserver, CLICK HERE

There is no option for "create master account".
When I log into the "access.enom.com" page I don't have any option to lock/unlock.

Can you offer any more help please?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MWN, I got the same deal when I picked up Splendorous.com. Neither PowerPipe nor eNom could help me out on "pushing" the name to my other eNom account, so transferring is certainly the way to go. Here is the e-mail I finally got (I guess when my e-mail finally got to someone at PowerPipe).

-------------------
Thank you for your email.

You have full control over your security lock/unlock feature through your masterlist under the "manage domains" link at www.powerpipe.com . See the "manage domains" link at http://www.powerpipe.com. For your masterlist, get a first-time user password. Be sure to use the same admin email address as that which appears on your domain's WhoIs record.
-------------------

I signed up for the free "master account", and popped right in and unlocked the domain. It was straight forward after I figured it out, but I think their interface could really be improved.

~ Nexus

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nexus, that worked.
Interface needs some re-thinking I think.

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry webname,i didn't know they changed the wording,it use to say view master account or create account click here,they have went and changed all the wording on that page

silentreg

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had that same problem with them, I just gave up and did a transfer. Enom offered no assistance with a push either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom