Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unpaid Sedo Auction - Any possibility to do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain name via Sedo auction on Mar/17/08.
Today I have received an email that the whole transaction was cancelled.

They refused to provide the email address of the buyer, just this:

Alexander Walsh
100 Pall Mall

5NQ
SW1Y
United Kingdom

I assume it should be:

Alexander Walsh
100 Pall Mall
London, 5NQ SW1Y
United Kingdom

Anyway, without a phone number or email address, it's not easy to contact him, or even to verify if such person exists.

Any ideas what I can do?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can take the legal route and subpoena their full info. Sedo does not release the other party's info as part of the strict privacy laws in Europe. As far as I am concerned, this is plain BS. As a seller, or even as a buyer, my full contact info always appears on the contract. Sedo is Germany-based and their legal team is doing what's best to protect their interest. Two days ago, a buyer renegged on a $75k sale claiming "erroneous acceptance" of the offer!

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hardluck man! Welcome to sedo.get used to it.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The address - it's a nice part of town!

dominator

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My full contact also appeared on the contract, but the buyer's was empty.

I don't care about the identity of the buyer, as long as he pays what promised. But why should I wait almost one month and feel the obligation to sell only to him (because I accepted it)?

Simply I don't like the fact that they protect him more then me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Once the transaction goes through, the buyer's info appears on the contract; the buyer is able to view the seller's contact info all along.

What I do when a transaction is lingering: I call Sedo and ask about the location of the buyer and ask them to investigate further, if the transaction takes too long.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much was the sale?

I too have lost a sale a couple times on sedo before, so frustrating!

dominator

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once the transaction goes through, the buyer's info appears on the contract; the buyer is able to view the seller's contact info all along.

What I do when a transaction is lingering: I call Sedo and ask about the location of the buyer and ask them to investigate further, if the transaction takes too long.

My emails to Sedo where I asked whether they had ever talked to him via phone or at least received any response via email remained unanswered. I called them and talked to a colleague of the guy in charge, but he gave me only general information.

Anyway, it was frustrating to wait without any info about the transaction and any contact data of the buyer. I would normally wait another week or two, if the buyer explains me his situation, if he tells that e.g. that there was an earthquake in London or problems in his family... but having no information and zero communication is very frustrating.

It was only 950 GBP.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol, you really think that is a REAL address ?. Look here at the picture on the righthandside and the description. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pall_Mall,_London See what address is says ?.
Give up it is false address, and probabaly also the name.

DG

Also;
Career Energy
100 Pall Mall
London
SW1Y 5HP

About 250 domains regged at 100 Pall Mall, and 70 to Alexander Walsh, but none to both.

DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo needs to straighten up their verification process, binding each bid to a credit card.

kylewill

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What happens when Johnny Untraceable buys domain.com for $10k through Sedo, uses a stolen cc, gets control of the domain. Payment goes through, but eventually gets reversed. Sedo has already transferred money to seller, buyer has domain.

Does Sedo get stuck with the domain after all the legal stuff goes through?

dominator

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They may have some insurance for such cases, or the registrar may help...

Anyway, I still have my domain, and I'll continue using Sedo in certain situations, but it's never too late to improve something, maybe somebody from Sedo reads it. That's why I started this thread...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I sold maybe 20 names without any problem before Sedo introduced their so-called certification program. Ironically I then began to face my first deadbeats :cheeky:

BTW outside America not everyone has got a credit card. Hard to believe but true ;)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is serious AND makes business related in any way to the internet has a credit card or a debit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom