Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unreal! Probably Illegal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try pool or snapname you probably have higher change of gettnig the name.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
I might not be some slick prick who buys and sells domains for a profit... I might just be some guy who has a website about nothing.... You know, a real person... And I might not know all the ins and outs of this sordid "buisiness" you people seem to be into... But I know crooks when I see them.

So I take it you won't be bringing the spinach dip to the Dnforum BBQ this year?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
I understand there are people out there trying to make a buck for doing practically nothing other than scewing the next guy... That's life.
But when operations like "enom" and "BuyDomains" are able to go inside and catch these domains before the average person (the person they turn around and ransom the domain to) is able to, is wrong.
I never had a chance. And it wasn't really about chances, it was about favoritism from the registrar (name-secure.com) to outfits like BuyDomians and their ilk.

Yeah, it bugged me that I didn't get brettwilson.com when it was supposed to have become "Availible"... It pissed me off when I talked to an employee of "enom" and had him tell me that I had no chance since a dropped domain always goes to a handful of sleazy outfits like BuyDomain because of favoritism or whatever.

And... My next point was you'd be an idiot to buy a domain for anything other than the basic ICANN price. Even considering to support scammers like these is what keeps them in buisiness.
Bah.

I might not be some slick prick who buys and sells domains for a profit... I might just be some guy who has a website about nothing.... You know, a real person... And I might not know all the ins and outs of this sordid "buisiness" you people seem to be into... But I know crooks when I see them.

Well it's a pitty to learn what occured to you. However, pissed you are, you also need to know that internet domain property/assets appreciates in value which is why a name can be worth several hundred times its current value in a couple of years. Enom and Buydomain are in legitimate business drop catching however if it is true what you say they practice prejudice to award domains then I would wonder what ethical business practices they uphold.

bwilson27

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ExpireGuy said:
So I take it you won't be bringing the spinach dip to the Dnforum BBQ this year?

Nah, I can't afford spinach... You see, I went to the store to get some (specifically for this upcoming BBQ you speak of) and as it turns out, some guy bought all the stores out of Spinach just minutes before I got there. It seems he was really good buddies with all the produce managers at the local supermarkets, and they gave him first crack at the new shipments.

He's asking 3,000.00 a pound, but he's willing to have an auction for all the old ladies in the neigborhood. What a guy.

So I guess I'll have to bring the tainted Salmon dip instead.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
Nah, I can't afford spinach... You see, I went to the store to get some (specifically for this upcoming BBQ you speak of) and as it turns out, some guy bought all the stores out of Spinach just minutes before I got there. It seems he was really good buddies with all the produce managers at the local supermarkets, and they gave him first crack at the new shipments.

He's asking 3,000.00 a pound, but he's willing to have an auction for all the old ladies in the neigborhood. What a guy.

So I guess I'll have to bring the tainted Salmon dip instead.

You're very funny... now why don't you go and fill a WIPO case to claim ownership of the domain given it's your first/lastname.com

PS send me your address will make sure to send you some spinach, I had some frozen laying in the freezer..

bwilson27

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maroulis said:
why don't you go and fill a WIPO case to claim ownership of the domain given it's your first/lastname.com

My parents came up with the name... Wouldn't it be their property, not mine?

Besides, that's all way too much trouble. I have the .org name. If BuyDomain wants the .com domain so bad, they can just have it. At least I know no one else with my name is gonna have it soon.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you could have bought brett-wilson.com until the beginning of this year until some other brett wilson registered it. I think for names thats better anyway, but I agree with you that the system of drop catching names is not fair, we as **** have almost no chance of getting good names either, Verysign works together with snapnames and verysign's best buddy is ICAAN (the US government), so esentially you got screwed by uncle Sam..

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brettwilson.com
Registrar: Annulet, Inc. (Annulet.com)
ICANN Registrar: ANNULET, INC
Whois Server: whois.annulet.com
Referral URL: http://www.annulet.com
Created: 2006-08-03

Doesn't look like registrar favoritism - it was regged at eNom, dropped (note the creation date) and picked up by BuyDomains using a third party registrar. Funny thing is, you can backorder at eNom (I think they charge $30 for success) and you're gauranteed to get the domain or at least be in the auction for free. Obviously no-one else wanted it, because it's not at eNom now, so it could have been yours for $30.

So you say you paid for a backorder that you didn't get (eNom don't do this, and neither does anyone else), and that eNom gave it to BuyDomains (which they didn't). You're telling little porkies aren't ya?

I'd be guessing that eNom told you you could backorder it, but you took a chance at hand regging it and BD picked it up first. Bet you wish you'd spent the 30 bucks.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
So you say you paid for a backorder that you didn't get (eNom don't do this, and neither does anyone else), and that eNom gave it to BuyDomains (which they didn't). You're telling little porkies aren't ya?

I'd be guessing that eNom told you you could backorder it, but you took a chance at hand regging it and BD picked it up first. Bet you wish you'd spent the 30 bucks.

Funny he found time to complain but never posted who he had backordered with...even though the question came up a couple of times.:wink_smile:

bwilson27

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
brettwilson.com
Registrar: Annulet, Inc. (Annulet.com)
ICANN Registrar: ANNULET, INC
Whois Server: whois.annulet.com
Referral URL: http://www.annulet.com
Created: 2006-08-03

I never thought it was that important who I backordered it with.
I used cheap-domains.com.
https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/Domain_Alert/landing.asp?prog_id=domains&ci=1780&se=%2B
It's who I registered my .org with, plus a bunch of other domains over the years.
-Remember, I'm not a "Domainer" or whatever, I'm just a guy with a website or two that doesn't seek to make money.
I paid them 18 bucks for their backordering service. Apparently that was a waste of money, and now I know better.

Yes, enom told me to join their "club" or whatever.. And I did, and a few days later I saw the domain had changed hands.

I haven't lied about anything here, the people dealing in the domains are the shady ones.

oh, and at the top of the page at brettwilson.com, there's a link to BuyDomains.com. That's why I said it was theirs.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
I never thought it was that important who I backordered it with.
"Knowledge is power" - Sir Francis Bacon 1597AD

bwilson27

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I meant to say, I never thought it was important that I tell the members of this forum who I backordered with.
My original complaint is that it's all shady and crooked. Beyond that, the particulars don't even matter.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
I haven't lied about anything here, the people dealing in the domains are the shady ones.

Don´t get me wrong, but you are not making friends with such statements.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
I meant to say, I never thought it was important that I tell the members of this forum who I backordered with.
My original complaint is that it's all shady and crooked. Beyond that, the particulars don't even matter.

I agree.
But do you have enought money/power/politics friends/legal ways to change the way some americans ( read: ICANN) made the way to be this way?

I don`t.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
I'm not a "Domainer" or whatever, I'm just a guy with a website or two that doesn't seek to make money.
I paid them 18 bucks for their backordering service. Apparently that was a waste of money, and now I know better.

Yes, enom told me to join their "club" or whatever.. And I did, and a few days later I saw the domain had changed hands.

Then what are you doing on a domain forum?!?! Seems to me your crying foul because due to ignorance you lost a dn that you could've easily acquired had you taken the steps made available to you.

The particulars do matter......welcome to capitalism.

bwilson27

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made all the steps available to me using the service I had always used to buy domain names. Hell yes I'm crying foul, because it is foul.

I'm on this particular forum because it was the first forum I found googling BuyDomains. Let me add this- !?!?!?!

This whole place just reeks with a foul odor.
I leave you to yourselves.

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brettwilson.us for sale!!!
$1,000,000 asking. Make offer.

Seriously now. I don't like buydomains, either. I think they're overpriced. So, if there's a name I want ... I get it before they do ... whether it's putting in a backorder for 60 clams at Snap or Pool, $18.95 at GoDaddy, 25 at Bluehill, $8.95 at Bluerazor, etc.

You need to quit your whining. As spelled out by several people, you could've easily had the name if you'd managed to do a bit of research during your 'five years of waiting.' Instead, you get on here and complain about the process and impugn those who work within it. Very poor form.

Seattle. Feh.
Reason #4,592 I'm glad I'm from Tacoma.

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bwilson27 said:
I made all the steps available to me using the service I had always used to buy domain names. Hell yes I'm crying foul, because it is foul.

I'm on this particular forum because it was the first forum I found googling BuyDomains. Let me add this- !?!?!?!

This whole place just reeks with a foul odor.
I leave you to yourselves.

Hey, hey

I think this discussion is going in the wrong direction. No one here is "the bad boy" and you are not "the good boy". This is just the way it goes.

To tell the truth, I also find it "unfair" that a "normal" guy has nearly no chance to register a "good" domain name.

I can understand your point of view, but just compare it to any other business.

Example:
You hear about a house that is to be on sale soon, and you have heard it will be going for a very low price because the owner needs immediate money. Now real estate insiders have also heard the birds singing, and one of them bought the house before you could even start to bargain.

Well, now you can only go and visit this lucky guy and try to buy the house from him. Or just leave it.:peace:

Just for your information:
There are many companies out there, that would take your backorder to try and catch this Domain the moment it becomes free. (They all know when it will become free)
However, only one of them will be successful. The others also just had "bad luck".

I hope you got the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom