Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last week I sold a domain through GoDaddy's premium listing service.

Upon payment, the buyer had it moved to his account and had it pointed to his main site for several days.

Today, I get a notice the buyer has been refunded and the domain was moved back to his account.

The money hadn't been paid to me yet but none of that was done without my permission.

Is this some crazy condition they have in a .002 size font in one of their contracts or is this totally uncalled for?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You meant to say, the domain was moved back to your account, correct?
Not sure why GD would reverse the transaction, perhaps you need to contact their support. I'd be pissed if a sale reversed like that.

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the correction, they moved the domain back to my and refunded the buyer 6 days later. It is the absolute most insane thing I ever heard of.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not the first time this has been posted on DNF.

I had one payment reversed before I even knew I had sold it.

I think this boils down to their crafty cart and check out system. Someone sees a name during a search that has a big green check mark and adds it to their cart, not knowing or noticing that the name IS AVAILABLE AS A PREMIUM DOMAIN. They simply see the green check mark and IS AVAILABLE is off to the checkout they go.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Yes, thanks for the correction, they moved the domain back to my and refunded the buyer 6 days later. It is the absolute most insane thing I ever heard of.
That is a totally absurd business practice on their part. They are essentially using the system as a means of tasting and measuring traffic. If the DNS servers had been changed during their ownership I would be raising hell.

If you do not have an account rep, you need to get one and get some concrete answers to this.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premium domain tasting @ GoDaddy .com :)

If you know who the buyer was, you could try emailing them and hinting at breach of contract issues. You might still be able to salvage a deal - although probably at a lower price?

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know this guy knew. He had it pointed to his main site for 5 days!!

Probably didn't have enough traffic for him or something. Worst business decision I ever heard of.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you added any information regarding traffic, stats, revenue to you sale or description, you may have hung yourself on this policy:

GO DADDY MARKETPLACE® RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
When you buy an item from a seller on the Go Daddy Marketplace, you should be able to expect a high standard of customer service, both before and after you receive your order.

RETURNS

If you receive an item different than what was described, or that is clearly in worse condition than indicated, please contact your seller directly to report the defect or damage within seven (7) days of receiving the shipment. You should be able to reach an amicable agreement with one another. If necessary, you can return your item to the seller for a refund. Please note that items purchased from Marketplace sellers need to be returned directly to the seller and not to Go Daddy.

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't state any info in the description. That return policy is brutal. Why not everyone start buying names that make $10/day and return them in a week.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't state any info in the description. That return policy is brutal. Why not everyone start buying names that make $10/day and return them in a week.
Precisely. This is a no win policy for GoDaddy. It is actually tougher to cancel a mistaken reg and ask for a refund than to buy, taste, and ask for a refund on a premium name.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow I don't see how a domain name sold as just a domain can fall under that Return policy... crazy

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Called them and caught them in many of lies.

Company is not to be trusted. Be cautious but of course that should be a given with anyone.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you receive an item different than what was described, or that is clearly in worse condition than indicated, please contact your seller directly to report the defect or damage within seven (7) days of receiving the shipment. You should be able to reach an amicable agreement with one another. If necessary, you can return your item to the seller for a refund. Please note that items purchased from Marketplace sellers need to be returned directly to the seller and not to Go Daddy.
So what are the valid reasons for returning an item, you can just say it is dirty, in used condition, or wrong size/color :lol:
With godaddy there has always got to be a catch somewhere...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what are the valid reasons for returning an item, you can just say it is dirty, in used condition, or wrong size/color :lol:
With godaddy there has always got to be a catch somewhere...
Honestly, when I read that I immediately thought they had copied eBay's claim policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom