Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

URGENT - Best Escrow service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

discdrome

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have agreed a sale of one of my domains, that will require the use of an escrow service.

I have not used an escrow company before, I would appriciate some advice on the best service for sellers, with the best rate.

I need to sort this out ASAP so any iseful advice would be appriciated.

FYI - Sale is in the region of $40,000.

Regards

Steve

Domain Days 2024

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you need any help, just drop me a PM.

I do find Escrow.com to be the fastest for transferring to UK banks. Just ensure you have your IBAN and Swift Codes. You can call your bank and they will give you this information.

However some Online Only Banks require that you add other routing details.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hate to sound repetitive but www.escrow.com..lol
use my link to save 0% too!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker Escrow is also worth looking at

discdrome

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namestrands,

Thanks for the UK based advice, appriciate that!

Had a good look at Escrow, looks good to me.

Thanks for all your advice, and very fast replies!!!

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used this week Moniker escrow...was excellent!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow fee for $40.000 is $356 only. Sedo's escrow fee is 3% (~$1200)
I like escrow.com sooo much:)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Suprised to see no-one mention the flaw in escrow.com's system with domains..... such as they only check the whois to verify the domain has changed hands & on the other side of the coin if it DOES change hands the buyer may indeed get it but WON'T change the whois details.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Suprised to see no-one mention the flaw in escrow.com's system with domains..... such as they only check the whois to verify the domain has changed hands & on the other side of the coin if it DOES change hands the buyer may indeed get it but WON'T change the whois details.

Would that be less risk if you were only transfering the name to another Godaddy account ? Don't Escrow.com have some link with Godaddy ?

D

Deleted member 5660

I would never, ever, ever, in a million years, give escrow.com $40K. There are serious flaws in their systems and it is not true escrow. Only one flaw was mentioned here. I have heard of other problems where the domain got transferred but the money did not.

I would use one of the domain attorneys such as Ari Goldberger or John Berryhill as they fully understand the intricacies of domain transfers.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a lawyer to do due diligence is a given. Ensure that the buyer signs a contract.

My biggest sale on Escrow was $104,000 .. went through without a problem. Well I did have some explaining to do with UK Homeland Security and The Tax Man. That took another 48 hours. Transactions over about $30K being transfered to a personal bank account does raise some questions.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'm suprised it wasn't mentioned as well. Although not very oftenly, this kind of scams have happened in the past and nothing guarantees that it won't happen to you as well.

Why not use moniker escrow and have your peace of mind? There is absolutely no loophole in their system and there is no chance for anything to go wrong IMO

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd sell it using Moniker.com escrow servise.

Escrow.com is not secure, because they are not a domain registrar and can't hold both domain and money.

D

Deleted member 5660

There is absolutely no loophole in their system and there is no chance for anything to go wrong IMO

I saw people on this board who said they take credit card payments for escrow and these could be charged back weeks or months after the transaction is complete. I don't know if they have an option not to accept credit card payments but you want to make sure the money is fully transferred.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edited

discdrome

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I have decided ot use Escrow, but this is as well as doing lots of my own checks into the buyer. Including company checks, director checks, addresses etc. So hopefully will all go through OK. Also as this is a .co.uk sale I think there is a bit more protection, as if I dont get payment I wont send the physical paper work off to nominet.

Will update this thread after sale is completed.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom