Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Urgent Help 2 Accounts Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another idea is to offer Domainsite one of your checks, voided of course. If you don't have checks, you could get a letter from your bank stating that fact.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fly down to peru and blow this guys head off..just a thought

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
fly down to peru and blow this guys head off..just a thought

You have to get it right. That would be too easy. You want to conflict as much pain as possible.

If they were smart if they received a copy of the check they would contact the bank to verify you were on the account. If you haven't previously sent a check to this individual he wouldn't have your bank information and couldn't duplicate a legitimate check. I would write them to confirm the account holder when they receive a copy of the check and they will prove the bank account does not belong to you. Of course I would imagine they would want a copy of the front and back of the check so it would have the bank information on it that processed the check.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, that would be easy but it seems he has said that he sent me the cheque with a payment for the domains, i was thinking of getting a bank statement with all payments from the last 6 months or so also give Scott at domainsite a phone number for my local bank so if he wants he can contact them.
Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

it may sound stupid, but if this hacker has got so many details and entered into various accounts, do a deep scan of your system for trojans. Best option is an online scanner, updated hourly, like pandasoftware or trend micro (trend micro also has a dedicated anti-trojan anline tool).

This wouldn't solve your problem, but at least avoid things go worste.

Best luck.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SigRent.com said:
Yes, that would be easy but it seems he has said that he sent me the cheque with a payment for the domains, i was thinking of getting a bank statement with all payments from the last 6 months or so also give Scott at domainsite a phone number for my local bank so if he wants he can contact them.

Thanks

I think it would be hard to dispute.. the checks need to match your bank and your account details.. so it may be more difficult to forge.

I would however off your statements and contact details with a letter of authority to domainsite to contact your bank to verify.

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have all our sympathy Sigrent, looks like your having a real tough time of it. First your domains get hacked and then your paypal account gets hacked. Did you send your paypal password to the hacker as well?

When are you going to get around to repaying the customers you duped on Namepros and Dnforum?

SigRent.com said:

Thanks

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any news on this? What happened with godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom