Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Url not opening , how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Right now I am having a problem with proredirect.com , It just doesnt open , Happening like this for around 4 - 5 days now.

The site is up , but it doesnt open . The browser keep looking for it and at the end it says cannot find page.
If I use proxy it works perfectly fine meaning it is not a browser problem , neither firewall problem , neither antivirus problem or anything in the pc blocking the site.
I tried Opera and same in that too , If i put proxy it works otherwise It doesnt.
This is neither a problem with the ISP , As a friend of mine who uses the same ISP it is working fine for him.

It keeps happening with some website after a while and only solution which I have found to this is to format and resinstall Windows XP .

And it only happens to 1 or 2 domain at most and when i format and reinstall it start working fine but this time I dont want to format and resinstall windows.

Any help? :undecided :'(

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes Tried everything I could think of.

Deleted Temp files , Deleted cookies .

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok scanning my pc on that site.

I already have ZoneAlarm installed.

jaik

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i m gr8 said:
Hello,

Right now I am having a problem with proredirect.com , It just doesnt open , Happening like this for around 4 - 5 days now.

The site is up , but it doesnt open . The browser keep looking for it and at the end it says cannot find page.
If I use proxy it works perfectly fine meaning it is not a browser problem , neither firewall problem , neither antivirus problem or anything in the pc blocking the site.
I tried Opera and same in that too , If i put proxy it works otherwise It doesnt.
This is neither a problem with the ISP , As a friend of mine who uses the same ISP it is working fine for him.

It keeps happening with some website after a while and only solution which I have found to this is to format and resinstall Windows XP .

And it only happens to 1 or 2 domain at most and when i format and reinstall it start working fine but this time I dont want to format and resinstall windows.

Any help? :undecided :'(

Thanks
i also have a similar problem
i dont get enom and ebay login pages
other pages are fine
still looking to solve it
thanks,
jaik

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check your HOSTS file to make sure those addresses aren't resolving to localhost. Some "helpful" software does this to help users avoid what they determine to be "bad" sites. Most notably Spybot does this with it innoculate "feature". I don't know if those sites are blocked by spybot or any other program, but it's worth a check.

It is also worth noting, that it would typically be spyware or adware that would alter the HOSTS file, not a virus.

And I just confirmed, Spybot does redirect proredirect to localhost. Look in the system32/drivers/etc folder (win2k) for the HOSTS file. This file can be edited with notepad, editpad or editplus but do NOT use any type of editor that adds characters such as word.

note - many systems can have more than one HOSTS file. It does NOT have an extension, it is just called HOSTS. In older versions of windows there was also LMHOSTS.

Addition - cash donations accepted ;)

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I did install spybot search and destroy that day , i think it was opening fine before that , but hosts file doesnt have any thing in it relating to proredirect ?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do You use mozilla firefox? or opera? There is Your problem
proredirect works only with MS IE

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Iexplorer , i also tried Opera didnt work on that either.

The thing is it works if I use a proxy meaning nothing is blocked.
And the other thing is another friend who uses the same isp as mine can open it fine too .

Looks like I ll have to reformat my pc.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
before you reformat, check you registry (regedit from the start menu) and check for the win32 systems file.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I not overly convinced its a virus... Why would the virus restrict those couple sites ? Id hold off on blowin' the box away and starting over unless your tired of researching the issue ofcourse. Dig deeper.

Bounce the box and router and try other browsers as others have suggested.

Do a traceroute (tracert) to the site and see what it gives you, also try to hit the site from another box if you have more than one

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom