Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.us.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking for a good place with reasonable price to register a .us.com domain. Registerfly is out of the question.

Thanks!

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggest Enom as well. However, you HAVE to register it for a minimum of 2 years.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
schnitzeldorf said:
Looking for a good place with reasonable price to register a .us.com domain. Registerfly is out of the question.

Thanks!
Can someone explain why RegisterFly would be out of the question. I checked and they are ICANN accredited. Thanks.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know registerfly is a reseller of enom...

Thats all I know on RF

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Registerfly was granted their Icann Accredidation and is no longer an Enom Reseller.

As for, "why not Registerfly"... well, I'll gladly show you why. I've provide various links for you to review why I wouldn't use Registerfly... among that, experience with them.

New Jersey Better Business Bureau

Unified Hosting, their parent company BBB

Webhosting talk Forum Reviews

This is my most recent experience with them today, (I could go on and on):
Yes, I agree the interface is fantastic. However, everytime I turn around there are problems with them and all of their employees on every level have access to your username and password. They told me they screen their employees... as we all see in these threads, their customer service is the worst in the field.

Today I tried to register a domain name with them, a .us.com and it charged my credit card not once, not twice, but 4 times for one domain and then it kicked back,

Quote:
Your most recent domain registration attempt has failed.

Failures are usually attributed to any of the following:

- Registry Connectivity -
- Incomplete Whois Information(common for .ca and co.uk) -
- Invalid Name servers -

So I called them. I actually got a nice lady to help and she tried to register the domain for me and it didn't work. After being on the phone for almost an hour with them, they told me that, that domain I was trying to register is reserved. ??? Now explain to me how a new subdomain with the extension .us.com can be reserved? It showed up in all my searches as available.

So what happened there? Interface is wonderful. What about the important things?... like security, trust, and peace of mind that mine and your domains are safe?

I'm interested to see how many more of you praise Registerfly for their lack of integrity in this industry. Again, I've been with them for two years and have had over 300 domains with them and I've had some experience. I've tried my best to look past the minor stuff but this is no longer minor and people need to take heed because Customer service is important, but more importantly, trust and peace of mind with the Registrar is equally important.

If your searching for price, there are better prices in the industry and there are some good interfaces available. None like Registerfly as the look and feel of their site is designed very well, but that's not important to me or other major domain holders. What's important is the issue of trust.

I've forwarded a copy of all my domains registered with Registerfly to Icann along with a complaint. Enough is enough. This company was granted Icann Accreditation recently and it's not deserved. For people who have a couple domains, maybe Registerfly is ok for you but from experience and a lengthy relationship with them, I beg to differ.

SlashDot.org... Registerfly information

Here's yet another post by a member who has done business with Registerfly:
I have many years of experience with RegFly....means nothing
I have a name that expires in May 2005 that has already been released back in August & re-registered by a major domain buyer...
I have all of the documentation showing I have the name until May 2005....It has been over 3 months that I have been assured I will get my name back & still nothing....
As far as phone support goes they couldn't be less interested in your issues...it's like you are cutting into their valuable time.
I have been a RegFly customer for many years, since their inception & I have reg'd hundreds of names with them & referred many clients to their services...not any more...I feel I am only being paid lip service regarding this loss of domain situation which is VERY important to me.
Most companies strive to maintain loyal customers...it appears this is no longer a goal with this company. All they are hoping is that they can get all new customers to transfer your names to them for $6 & hope you will stay....best of luck to those who do...
I still have about 150 names with them but I have begun to transfer them away...
all of the domains that I have transfered so far are still showing in my accounts & I am getting renewal notices for them...They have been gone for months now...Also many names that I have allowed to expire still appear in the Expired Names in my account, even though some have been reg'd by someone else at another registry! (And yes I have used the refresh account function). I must admit that this makes me a little nervous as I am not sure who is managing their database.
So the mass transfer out continues.....
They have lost my loyalty. I can remember some time back being about the only positive/defending voice they had on this forum...Someone else can wave that flag now...
Hard to believe how badly this company has digressed.

Good Luck to those who fall for the $6 transfer in trap..
(By the way I never did get my name back after 4 months of reassurances...)
Lesson learned...

Jim

You asked, you got it. Their interface is fantastic. Everything else is no good.

Thanks guys, I'll do the enom thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom