Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.us compared to other extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. .com gets the type-ins - they also get remembered - and they also get typed in by habit even by people who know you have some other TLD instead of the .com! But that's why every one of them worth more than $7/year is already reg'd. .com is indeed king. Following that, my personal preference is:

2. .net (they're all on the InterNET so this name matches almost every site well)

3. .org (only for non-profits - anything else on this TLD just looks confused)

4. .us (or your home cc here)

5. .info (too long), .biz (not professional sounding)

6. Twisted country codes like .tv and .ws

When picking anything other than a .com, make sure whatever is on the .com would not confuse your visitors because many of them WILL go there by mistake.

Roger

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In a few years, look for bolts.com, bolts.us, bolts.info, bolts.biz, and bolts.net to all have equal value.

Likewise, greatbolts4you.com, greatbolts4you.us, greatbolts4you.info, greatbolts4you.biz, and greatbolts4you.net will all be equally worthless.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by crabby
In a few years, look for bolts.com, bolts.us, bolts.info, bolts.biz, and bolts.net to all have equal value.

Likewise, greatbolts4you.com, greatbolts4you.us, greatbolts4you.info, greatbolts4you.biz, and greatbolts4you.net will all be equally worthless.

LOL--The "4you" really dates those domains! Only the "4U" was used more often, I believe.

izopod

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by crabby

Yes, when the calculus courses at Harvard, USC, and Florida Atlantic University all have equal value.:cool:

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually, I was not very serious except about .com. Everything after .com is about the same.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The economic situation overall but especially in the US improves and there's a return to capital and advertising spending by small, medium and big businesses,

AND,

There're a few high-profile (including radio/TV ads) uses of these newer tlds.

Then, they're very likely to take off. Estimated time-frame is 2-4 years. Then, the ranking will look something like (non-scientific, subjective opinion):

.com
.info
.us
.biz
.org
.net

And, last but not the least, as noted in a similar example above, Cigars.info/biz/us will be way better than BestCubanCigars.com.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yah I can see the other .TLD's becoming more popular in the future primarily .INFO as much as I dislike it mainly because it seems like a resource orienated/search name and I know around %28 of my online time is looking for something online.

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
com
org
info
net
us
biz

for some reason I look for com then org and then info and so on., .net just does not seem to peek me interest anymore unless its a really great name but thats just me

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.com 1st
.net 2nd
rest <-----well we will have to wait and see

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the amount of ridiculous replies and wishful thinking in this thread.

.com
.net
.org
.info

all other extensions are inferior with the exception of
co.uk

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NOW
-------
.com
.net
.org
.info
.biz

.co.uk
.us

In 1 year
-------
.com
.net
.info
.org
.biz

.co.uk
.us

In 2-3 years
-------
.com
.info
.net
.org
.biz

.us
.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom