Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.us Is Picking up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a business wants to be considered amateurish then they will use .us as their site. If you asked 1,000 random people walking down the street to name one .us site I bet that ZERO would be able to name one. That is bad math. Why not use .biz, as well? After all, all of the good dotcoms are gone, so you might as well use a .biz for your business.

Whatever exceptions there may be only re-enforce the rule that dotcom is king. The largest economy by far in the whole world is the United States economy, and dotcom is synonymous with that business. If you want to be taken seriously you better have a dotcom address. That is the way it is.

If you asked 1000 people to name a site on .CO.UK, or .DE, or .NET or .ORG they might not be able to name one either. It does not mean they do not have value.

Not every end user has an unlimited budget to buy a category killer .COM

As far as .US goes it is also the ccTLD of the richest planet on Earth, not a 5th tier gTLD.

But, I deal in many premium keywords in alternate extensions as well, including .BIZ. You would be surprised how many buyers there are for premium keywords in any decent extension.

Brad

Last edited:

namegamer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just actived some .us websites with more to come. We'll see how they do.

newyorkny.us
chicagoil.us
stockbroker.us
dallastx.us

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a business wants to be considered amateurish then they will use .us as their site. If you asked 1,000 random people walking down the street to name one .us site I bet that ZERO would be able to name one. That is bad math. Why not use .biz, as well? After all, all of the good dotcoms are gone, so you might as well use a .biz for your business.

Whatever exceptions there may be only re-enforce the rule that dotcom is king. The largest economy by far in the whole world is the United States economy, and dotcom is synonymous with that business. If you want to be taken seriously you better have a dotcom address. That is the way it is.

You gotta open up the thinking a little bit. Of course .com is king, of course businesses want to have the .com. You can use .com or other extensions like this, develop sites, use them as traffic funnels into your main site if you want. Maybe you have a lawn care business on a .com. Why not have a .info or a .us, put another site out there, think search engine coverage. Also, businesses aren't the only end users. Maybe somebody wants their first name for a website. The .com would probably be out of most people's budgets but the .US might work perfectly. There's also another great target audience, one I'm familiar with, affiliates. They're always looking for niches, great keywords in the domain. And there is opportunity there, the .us ranks just fine and you can develop a site and make some money. Lots of possibilities.

Lots of possibilities.

Last edited:

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've invested in .us over the past few years and I'm really happy I did. I've seen a lot of aftermarket interest in my premium keyword .us names lately with serious offers. I'll probably close the biggest .us sale to date shortly.

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
we've put a lot of .us pages on page 1 of google over the years, great too for maps and stuff, and they will index organically if the seo is right
.info pops too
we're now doing .mobi
.biz will pop
.com/.net/.org are the biggies though for seo
the less competitive keywords can pop a .us/.info/.biz/.mobi
the big keywords with tons of people hitting them need .com/.net/.org
google looks at .com/.net/.org as global interest TLD's
.biz is one too
.info is now one as well
.mobi has a huge future, it's the global tld for mobile devices
.us is supposed to be a CC but google treats it way better than other CC's
USA is still the top money maker for google, most of the revenue at google comes from US based companies and the links go a lot to US visitors, so yeah .US is about the only CC we touch, unless the client is in say .ca or .co.uk etc
if the business is inside USA and dealing mostly with US visitors, it's a no brainer, .us is huge
my own rating system for domains for SEO work is
.com #1
-.com #2 (hyphen)
.net #3
-.net #4 (hyphen)
.org #5
.info #6
.biz #7
.us #8

If you have to use a hyphen below .net, it's probably not gonna ever rank page one organic, unless it's a minor keyword, but it can pop maps and is ok for ppc pop
Enough of SEO you can pop anything, but long term keyword strenght to make the page stick long term, you need a solid keyword and .com and .net rule for business use

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having a difficult time agreeing with you that .mobi has a huge future. Wasn't that said (incorrectly) a few years ago?

Also completely disagree that a hyphenated .net (or even most hyphenated .com's) are better vs a non-hyphenated .org In fact, even a non-hyphenated .net is usually not as good as .org, imo.

Last edited:
T

tekz999

.us will be the only local cctld that gains weight.
.biz will fly.

End.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've invested in .us over the past few years and I'm really happy I did. I've seen a lot of aftermarket interest in my premium keyword .us names lately with serious offers. I'll probably close the biggest .us sale to date shortly.

Insurance.us maybe??? nice one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom