Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.us names - your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sharpboy
I agree, but news COLUMNISTS rarely have personal investments in the subjects they are spewing opinions on, if they do, it then becomes an advertisement.

Dan is not a NEWS columnist and DNJ is not the CBS Evening News. It is a trade magazine, devoted to domain name industry people and PERSPECTIVES, just like it says on the masthead. The columnists offer their own unique and often differing perspectives. All of our writers are likely to be domain name owners as that is who we are there to serve.

In fact, I don't think I want any contributors who are not domain name owners - what would they know about the issues facing the industry? So if someone comes in with a portfolio and writes about the obvious strengths of .coms should I say we can't run your opinion piece because you own .com domains. You have to understand the difference between trade magazines and general news organizations and the difference between writing an opinion column and reporting the news.

I would also agree with Dan that his column goes well beyond pure opinion and speculation with the factual research he has amply documented. If you are going to present an opinion and want to make your point you are wise to back it up with the kinds of facts he has. That is why I was happy to publish his piece and will be happy to publish any of a totally opposite viewpoint if someone can make their argument as well as he did.

Not trying to blow this up into a big issue, but since we have just started I want people to be clear on what we are and what our mission is. Everyone will have a voice with us. I have already extended an invitation to you to express your own.

Host Queen

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting to read all the posts....

like your site Duke and have checked out the reports on .us name yesterday....good luck with your site!

I have researched a little, hence the thread...I think I'll be registering .us names in the future...

thanks to all who have contributed.

yvonne

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to check us out Yvonne. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom