Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

US to start shooting looters !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/Thread MOVED from "Misc. Forum" to the "Lounge"]

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
I personally don't care about anybody's political views or opinions at this moment - but what I do care about is that this crap has no place here - and should only be posted in the lounge - if it's going to be posted at all.

"This forum is for discussing any other domain related topics including questions you may have, etc."

The above quote comes from the title description of this "Misc" forum section - which Bid is certainly aware of. He's been a member here for 10 months. What makes it worse is that Bid has started these threads in this "Misc" section before - and I have personally had to deal with them when I was on duty.

I don't want to come into sections about domains to see political crap - or anything that is not related to domains for that matter. So just stop it Bid. Either start this stuff in the lounge or keep it to yourself man.

Thats Fine Popper I'll move it to the lounge,

You are correct thats where it belongs..We shouldnt be discussing the Bush Administrations policy of killing looters inthis section

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the first common sense reply I have seen, Thats all I am saying .

We dont kill looters here and we shouldnt be doing it there ..Unless of course you are talking about people "looters" with guns threating the lives of Iragies Americans or anyone else.. then it becomes ARMED Robbery and yes, then shoot them .

Why not Shoot pictures of the looters , identify them then send then befiore the courts once they are re-established and let them plead thier case like in any democracy..which is wat we CLAIM we want for the Iraqis.

The reason this order to shoot is moronic is because aside from the moral issues of it's just plain wrong, is the short sightedness of it.. WE start killing civilians and The Iraqi population will start amassing inthe streets demanding the US leave and you wills ee increased attacks on Americans..

The facts are I introduced a story that clearly stated they are going to shoot civilians that are looting and instead of a discussion I am attacked with the same old liberal garbage..

None of the attackers showed any interest in actually looking into the story and discussing the merits of the shoot the looters orders.(actually coolhost made an arttempt)

Do people even think anymore?
Shoot first consider the consquence latter attitude, I dont know , it's frustrating that people arent grasping the gravity of this shoot to kill order :sigh:

Originally posted by Matt Wade
To give perspective, I have completely supported this war all along.

BUT, if these looters are truly unarmed then killing them is wrong. There isn't anyway to justify it. I understand that this is a country that is in a state of chaos, but if these looters are not threatening the lives of the soldiers, or other people, killing them is the wrong move. Simply arrest them and place them in a jail. Let them sit there and rot until a government is set up and trials can be held. Stealing is wrong and should be punished. Killing a person who is not intending to inflict harm on anyone is also wrong and should be punished.

On the other hand, we may not be hearing the full story. The NYTimes has a decidely left slant to it. These looters may be armed and ready to fight it out. If that is the case, shoot to kill.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
Perhaps Bid is from Minnesota, the most liberal state in the US by far and only state Pres Reagan lost out of the 50. These type views are very common in Minn.

I think both the long cold winter and all the mosquitoes effect the mind in that state :) I still have scars from all those bites every time I went to the state.

Could it Be Realnames is from Arizona where the dry heat has shrivled his brain ? :laugh:

Come on Dave dont remind me of the mosquitoes, we have about 2 more weeks before they start hatching

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would personally like to see them apply domain justice in this situation. Anyone caught looting will have a .ws, .bz or .cc domain immediately registered in their name. In the Arab world this is viewed as the ultimate humiliation. On second thought, the human rights people would be up in arms if we did this...so just go ahead and shoot them. :)

Y

_Yakov_

Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Agree with WH!
It is a *crime* to loot. Period.
Sorry.

This crime is to be punished by inpreasoning, not shooting
If someone has nothing to eat, it's ok to loot

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_
This crime is to be punished by inpreasoning, not shooting
If someone has nothing to eat, it's ok to loot

I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather be shot than "inpreasoned"! :eek: :D
What is that anyway ... They squish you to death?!? Ewwww.

Humor is good for the soul!
See 'ya.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Anyone caught looting will have a .ws, .bz or .cc domain immediately registered in their name.

Don't give them "Retirement.ws" (Retirement Workshop) That would be too good for them! :laugh:

btw: Once again, unamed sources try to make the Bush administration appear evil. The liberal media runs with it. Then when the dust is settled. The truth comes out:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/900178.asp?0cv=CB10

U.S. military to target Iraqi looters

More aggressive policy, but officials deny shoot-to-kill order

>>>MSNBC NEWS SERVICES

BAGHDAD, Iraq, May 14 — U.S. military officials, under pressure because of persistent lawlessness in Iraq, insisted Wednesday they were “aggressively targeting” looters and were now holding suspects for about three weeks. They said, however, they would not authorize a shoot-to-kill policy.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
"They are going to start shooting a few looters so that the word gets around"

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/14/i...00&en=10344ce7fd8c89b2&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

Time will tell..My guess is within a week we kill a few looters UNLESS thye back off the orders after "re-consideration" ..(pressure from those with a bit more common sense )

The only thing I can say is that the NY Times has it "real bad" for Bush. They loathe him. One reason is that they had access to the White House during the Clinton administration. IN the Newspaper business, access is everything. Now that we have a conservative in the White House, they have wait around the "table" for scraps to get any inside info. That's not a good position to be in, as you are always being scooped. What I think is happening is that they are getting their info from "mid-level" types who aren't in the "inner circle". What usually results from the "mid-level" types is bad information.

One thing for sure. The looters will be killed once we leave. That is a crime punishable by death. Remember we aren't trying to occupy this country. Eventually it will be turned over to Iraqis. Whether we agree with their law or not, it is the law of their land.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_
It was Imprisoning (mispell)

I know, thanks Yak!
I was just making light humour, in an otherwise U-G-L-Y 'fred. :D
See 'ya.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the record - I only posted last night because I'm just tired of these type of threads - but Bid is not a bad guy and I want to make that clear. For that matter he is also not the only one who has ever started these threads outside of the lounge before. So to you Bid - I'm sorry if my post seemed a bit heavy.

By the way..... the Mavericks are going to beat everybody! :) :razz: :D

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namepopper. You are a fair gentlmen, but are getting soft in your old age! :laugh:

You've got a lot of respect on this board so I don't think anyone would take offense to something you had to say. You in fact probably averted another "flame fest" that no one wants.

I don't mind Bid at all. He's got a lot to offer this board. Sometimes he gets a little hyper, but no more than the rest of us. One thing for sure, we'd probably never agree on politics. Same thing with Beatz. However why lose friendships over politics? We're all different for a reason. Life would be boring if everyone agreed with each other. I think we just need to "respect" each other's political affiliation, and move on.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com

By the way..... the Mavericks are going to beat everybody! :) :razz: :D

aaaaahhhhhh ............ NOT!!!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold

aaaaahhhhhh ............ NOT!!!

Do you want a piece of me?

I said do you want a piece of me?

;) hehe

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Agree with WH!
It is a *crime* to loot. Period.
Sorry.
Um? So death penalty to all, no matter what crime? You stupid? :D What happend to innocent until proven guilty?

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Restecpa

Um? So death penalty to all, no matter what crime? You stupid? :D What happend to innocent until proven guilty?

Respecpa

Please list your real location. You have nothing to hide. If your an american and have family or friends in Iraq you may think a little differently. The US will shoot anyone that poses a threat to the lives of our solgiers.

Liberal media again has nothing else to report on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom