Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Very Disappointed With Pool.com - Be Aware Of This Potential Issue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryhealy99

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, i just wanted to post this issue in the hope that maybe someone could help me with this matter.

Approx 2 months ago I aquired a domain at auction at www.pool.com for approx $2000

The domain was listed at fabulous and was making approx $50 per day but due to high traffic issues fabulous asked me if I could remove it from their nameservers. No problem I thought. I will get the nameservers updated and place it in my domain sponsor account. This is where the problem started.

I realised that pool had aquired this domain using a registar called LIVEDOOR ( an asian registar ) The only way to implement updates is to email pool with the information which in turn they send to livedoor for manual update.

So, I sent the request via pool since livedoor does not have an english language interface. That was about 3 weeks ago now.

Pool keep telling me that there is nothing they can do and that they hope livedoor will have an english language interface soon. However, that does not help me in the meantime. I have a very lucrative traffic domain that can make me approx $50 per day but I am missing out.

Is there anybody I can complain to here?... I feel Pool are not helping me much. I also feel they should not be using registars such as livedoor to aquire domains.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

terryhealy99

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, i just wanted to post this issue in the hope that maybe someone could help me with this matter.

Approx 2 months ago I aquired a domain at auction at www.pool.com for approx $2000

The domain was listed at fabulous and was making approx $50 per day but due to high traffic issues fabulous asked me if I could remove it from their nameservers. No problem I thought. I will get the nameservers updated and place it in my domain sponsor account. This is where the problem started.

I realised that pool had aquired this domain using a registar called LIVEDOOR ( an asian registar ) The only way to implement updates is to email pool with the information which in turn they send to livedoor for manual update.

So, I sent the request via pool since livedoor does not have an english language interface. That was about 3 weeks ago now.

Pool keep telling me that there is nothing they can do and that they hope livedoor will have an english language interface soon. However, that does not help me in the meantime. I have a very lucrative traffic domain that can make me approx $50 per day but I am missing out.

Is there anybody I can complain to here?... I feel Pool are not helping me much. I also feel they should not be using registars such as livedoor to aquire domains.

Thanks

Terry

terryhealy99

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Terry

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to resolve the matter is to not use pool next time. If you don't like their service, don't use them :)

I mean, in reality, there is nothing you can do and there is no one to complain to. Pool has no obligation to customer service, as no company does. Their cr*ppy customer service will just lose them yet another customer.

terryhealy99

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, fair point :)

Still doesn't help me at this juncture but point taken :)

Terry

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the legal issues that you are asking for help with? Why is this posted in at least 3 forums on this board?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if already 2 months past, then You can transfer it out.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not just transfer the domain out of Livedoor to another registrar? Are you the admin / registrant contact on the domain? The ICANN policy was changed to deal with this very issue.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you shouldn't be using Pool.com if you've had this kind of bad luck 3 times.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
terryhealy99 said:
I also feel they should not be using registars such as livedoor to aquire domains.

Unfortunately they have to, and apparently it so happened that livedoor was
the one who managed to capture the name. Ideally the more registrars a BO
service like Pool uses, the more chances it has of getting the name upon its
release from the Registry.

FineE said:
Why not just transfer the domain out of Livedoor to another registrar? Are you the admin / registrant contact on the domain? The ICANN policy was changed to deal with this very issue.

terryhealy99 said livedoor's site doesn't have any English translation. I just
checked their site and it's in the Japanese language. (their WHOIS confirms
they're based in Japan...)

I shudder to think what their authorization email will look like. :-O

Anyway, I used Google's language tools and was able to get some rough
translation. It's obviously not perfect, but at least there's something to use.

Unless someone here knows how to translate their language to English.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't use Pool.com & you won't have to deal with their crappy registars. :) But as for your current problem. yes, best bet is to transfer out. :)

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found that transferring out of livedoor.com isn't easy either.

They don't adhere to icann rules. Instead of releasing a name if there is no objection, they ask for a confirmation you want transfer out.

And whethere you hit the confirmation link, or don't hit it, they don't release the domain!

Dotster gave up trying to get a transfer out for me (despite the name having been won by name winner when livedoor were partnering up with NW).

I had to return sales money to a purchaser due to these problems :-( the only time I've had a transfer to a client fail.

Some registrars are able to force through a transfer from uncooperate registrars, but the one who has helped me out in the past has been taken over :-(

terryhealy99

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry for posting in 3 seperate areas. I wasn't sure which area was most appropriate. Thansk for sorting that out.

With regards to POOL - This is the first time I have had a problem with them.

I'll attempt to transfer out but i really don't think any drop service should be using a company like livedoor if this is the sort of after service we can expect.

Terry

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hm... this is very "Pool"

after they got your money, they will push everything to the registrar.
they should have some sort of agreement with the registrar to assure us as bidder to really control the domain.

I like enom. They integrate all their registrars together. You can control any domain caught by their cooperating registrars.

I've stop using pool for more than 1 year.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FineE said:

Same thing happened to me. I tried transferring out of LiveDoor and got an e-mail in Japanese with multiple links -- did not know which would authorize transfer. So the transfer failed. I have half a nerve to post the e-mail here to see if anyone who knows Japanese can help. :)

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to use this link when I had to manage my domain at livedoor.

http://domain.livedoor.com/webapp/en/

It was in english and allowed me to at least change nameservers. Not sure if it still works because I don't have any names registered with them any more (thank God).

As for Pool, I'm still waiting for someone to sue them. Seems to me that when you pay them for a domain there is an implicit agreement that you will ACTUALLY CONTROL THE NAME. This is not the case with some registrars that Pool uses. I threatened to sue them over loss of revenue regarding a couple of names and was able to get control over the domains. However, if it occurs again and the loss of revenue is substantial I will definitely take them to court. I think they will lose and will have to be more careful with their procedures AFTER they have caught and been paid for a domain. It's almost like selling someone a car but not including the keys in the sale. Then, when the buyer complains you tell them that someone else has the keys, you only sold them the car, and they will have to work it out with the key owner.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's almost like selling someone a car but not including the keys in the sale. Then, when the buyer complains you tell them that someone else has the keys, you only sold them the car, and they will have to work it out with the key owner.

lol. GREAT anology! :cheeky:

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
names at pool.com are totally great but this problem is obvious because all good names registered at chinies registrar i mean old ones but here is the thing find their contact informations and give them a call and ask them to give you panel access i am sure they have English panel

good luck

there we go dude :
http://domain.livedoor.com/webapp/en/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom