Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

*** VOODOO.com ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my domain that is getting the most Voodoo clicks has been averaging about 2 cents a click there lately. Guess I need to try some more keywords (or does your system optimize keywords itself?).

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
randomo - I'll PM you and explain what I'm seeing.

Donny

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will those of you who have recently moved names from one service to VooDoo give an update?

I know several of you did since this thread started. I'd like to know the results thus far (Where did you move the name from? And how are they performing on VooDoo).

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At Donny's suggestion, I removed the existing keyword from my highest-traffic domain; RPC has risen since then. Will see if that trend continues. (This is the first place I've had it parked, so I have no basis for comparison, but I'm liking the current numbers.)

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moved mine from Bodis to Voodoo and back again. Bodis performs better for me.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like voodoo.com a lot what with its great ease of use, superb support by Donny, sharp landing pages, good domain for-sale features, and powerful self-optimization but revenue seems to be weaker than expected lately after a real good run in the early stages.

Last edited:

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Voodoo is still performing amazing for our portfolio! :)
Happy Holidays and HIGH RPC's to ALL! :peace:

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm receiving quite a lot of SPAM on domains that use the inquiry form, their clearly getting past the CAPTCHA... I found that a Q & A CAPTCHA works best, Anyway of changing it?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider - Can you PM me one of the emails you got? They aren't getting past the captcha via an automated system. They are actually typing everything in by hand. We are using some technology to detect spam, so if you have something that got through please send it to me.

Thanks.

Donny

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PM sent

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider - We are working to improve our spam protection on our contact form. We already have a captcha on the page, the issue is that it's really humans in India who they have going to domains and typing in the information. So we are working on a system to lower the potential that you will get these. Some of it is already put in place as of yesterday, but we will continue to improve it over the next few days.

Donny

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny perhaps it would be a good idea to cap the number of submissions per IP per hour as well.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Katherine,
We have done that since day one. The problem is that the problem people have multiple class C's of ip addresses, so blocking one ip doesn't really help because they have about 10k ip addresses. So we are actually looking at spam filtering software, that actually analyses the message of the text kind of like spam filtering software does, I just don't know how well that will work long term. Right now it seems we have 2 companies that are doing the spamming. So we are focusing on those two and see if we can stop them.

We have actually thought about gving our customers the ability to say that an email they receive is spam and then we can possibly block that way as well. So we are looking at a lot of different options. But we are completely open to any and all suggestions.

Donny

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have many domains at voodoo or parked at the moment, so not many coming in here, but a thought:

What about your upstream provider? You are making money for them. They do a pretty good job with spam on their email service. Do they have some sort of api or rbl that could help?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
South - I've already been there and asked them, but you gave me a better idea that should really work. :)

So thanks.

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After looking at the mail that came through in the past 24 hours, only one email that I would consider to be spam slipped through. And after a few configuration changes, that will be blocked going forward. I'll keep watching it for the next few days, but I almost consider this to be a success.

Donny

DreamTeam

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would love to know which For Sale method is getting the highest percentage of inquiries.. That would be an interesting stat.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We do not track sales, as that is not the business that we are in, yet. :) But so far the banner and ribbon are basically tied based on what I consider to be realistic questions. I don't consider "this is cool" or "My name sabbir" to be real questions.

Is there some design that people would like us to add?

The spam that was mentioned a week ago has basically completely been shut down as of now. I'm sure the will come back at some point, but we are better prepared now going forward.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom