Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

VPR(.)com is stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to say that the domain name in the title got stolen from us today so if you get this domain offered for sale do not buy it as we are in contact with the registrar to get it back. The thief is a NP member with the username i.domain

By the way, his tactic is that he goes through in our case EscrowDNS and then he sends you an email which claims to be from the escrow service to push the domain into their account but it holds his account info.

I will keep everyone posted on how this develops.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear it - hope you can get this sorted quickly.

Not sure if you know, but the member you link to recently made a post saying that his GoDaddy account was hacked a few days ago. Could just be a smoke-screen though?

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info tristanperry. It could be a smoke screen or not, it doesnt make a difference.. As i have read that the thief tries to sell the stolen domains ASAP i have turned to both communities to prevent this from happening so we can hopefully sort it out with the registrar.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
which registrar was the domain stolen from?

Thanks

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info tristanperry. It could be a smoke screen or not, it doesnt make a difference.. As i have read that the thief tries to sell the stolen domains ASAP i have turned to both communities to prevent this from happening so we can hopefully sort it out with the registrar.
You're welcome, and I quite agree :) Was just flagging it up just in-case.

Either way, anywhoo, I hope GoDaddy start being helpful sometime soon.

Kventures

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Robert **********,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, you initiated the change of account for the domain name. For that reason, we will be unable to reverse the change that was made.

Upon creating your account, you agreed to the Universal Terms of Service for GoDaddy. The Terms specified that you are entirely responsible for the activities that take place in your account.

The Terms can be found at: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/agreements.asp?ci=8924

Any disputes over the ownership of the domain name will need to be sent through an ICANN-approved arbitration provider (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm) or the court system.

It is never necessary to name GoDaddy.com, Inc. in a dispute. We will abide by any decision from an ICANN-approved arbitration forum or a court of competent jurisdiction.

Please be assured that if we receive notice of a pending legal dispute we will lock the name so it cannot be transferred or otherwise modified. Likewise, when we receive a decision we will update the name accordingly. If you file a dispute concerning the domain name, please forward a filed copy to [email protected].

Best Regards,

Undo Department

raoul

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the way, his tactic is that he goes through in our case EscrowDNS and then he sends you an email which claims to be from the escrow service to push the domain into their account but it holds his account info.

I will keep everyone posted on how this develops.

I dont believe hes using stolen Godaddy accounts, he creates godaddy accounts using an email address that he knows isn't legit, like [email protected] or [email protected]

really, sounds like some kid got scammed in a year 2000 trick.

@ rockefeller, "you should (could)" make some application online where you digitally sign your email with 1024 RSA key, and your customers can validate your email + signature online, if you need some hints PM me. If you want full implantaion of such system (with JCOP smartcards), (assuming you honor your forum name), i could build it

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am confused, a major key point missing and would like clarification.

When using escrow.com both buyer and seller receive a email stating funds were received etc.

Does this guy send out this type of email ( funds received, push name ) Can I see an example?

It couldnt be a simple push name email, who the heck falls for that?

Furthermore you need to access your escrow.com account in order to click on name pushed at the same time you would SEE they received funds as they state it clearly on the side what step they are at, not faking this.

How does escrowdns work EXACTLY?

Kventures

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO EVERYONE:

If anyone is offered this domain for sale, please contact me ASAP at bdjufynot [at] gmail [dot] com

please notify whoever you can in the industry that the domain has been stolen, and to contact me if the scammer tries to sell it to them

thank you

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What name was taken from you Robert?

Hey someone post a REAL escrowdns email to transfer ( Rock ) and someone post the fake.

Also is he doing this at both escrow services for sure?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What name was taken from you Robert?

Hey someone post a REAL escrowdns email to transfer ( Rock ) and someone post the fake.

Also is he doing this at both escrow services for sure?
People should never rely on an email alone. You should always log in to confirm.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People should never rely on an email alone. You should always log in to confirm.

EXACTLY!

Thats why I asked, the FIRST thing I do is check the account to be sure of the status. I am very curious how good these emails were because he should have left links to the account as well, otherwise what was it just a paragraph and no link to log in?

Post it up guys.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a bunch of warning emails from EscrowDNS about this... wtf...

raoul

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY!

Thats why I asked, the FIRST thing I do is check the account to be sure of the status. I am very curious how good these emails were because he should have left links to the account as well, otherwise what was it just a paragraph and no link to log in?

Post it up guys.
\

Comeon, how many victims every day from bank phising mail. How many every year STILL fall in the nigerian scam? I can write a book about these "believers" and this is the same, they will NEVER learn it (the people that get scammed).

Usally a google translated email will do the trick. People simply not understand that I can send you a email as [email protected] without me being bill self.

I know this is not a phising case, but still like to mention it, last weeks I see more and more phising emails with a ahref link like this:

to go to your ebay account click here you will need only the "thisisthedomain.com" domain to make such link.

My point is the scammers will find their way to general knowledge, but there will always be people that not understand how email works, or links

pff the link not worked, and cannot edit...

"ebay.com.blabla.bla.bladieblalbla.234343.43434.343434.thisistherealdomain.com"

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was from Justin Godfrey earlier (hope you don't mind that I am posting this email):

EscrowDNS Email said:
Recently there has been a rash of domain name scams, mostly involving Godaddy domain names. The scammer will act as both the buyer or seller in these scams and also will spoof emails which look as if they are coming from different escrow services. Normally when they are acting as the buyer they will create an escrow transaction at EscrowDNS, Escrow.com, Moniker and most of the other escrow sites.
They will then immediately email the seller asking him/her to push the domain name into the "escrow holding account", this is almost always done with Godaddy domain names. The scammer makes these emails look as if they came from the escrow service. PLEASE remember that all domain name escrow services will NOT ask you to push or transfer a domain name until AFTER the buyer's payment is received.
You should also login to your account and confirm in your transaction status that the payment has been secured! Several people have fallen victim to these scammers so please scrutinize all buyers or sellers that you are doing business with. At EscrowDNS we are now calling all new members to verify a working phone number, we have caught several scammers this way.
This scammer is also hacking into Godaddy accounts, we recommend that you login to Godaddy and change your password and security questions. Also confirm that all domain names are still in your account. Godaddy has been very slow reacting to these scams and in most cases they cannot do anything for you.
EscrowDNS Email said:
EscrowDNS.com​

Sorry for that epic fail above, but I can't edit it :/

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still want to see where he has done this at other escrow services. Any examples?

Bottom line, log in to your escrow account to verify and dont take an email for its word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom