Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Want to approach owner..Domain Not ForSale..Advice Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDame

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fab said:
Definitely go for the .net, and if the domain is exciting as you make it out to be, why did you suggest value to below xx.

That's because I'm just excited about the possibility. If I had asked for an appraisal, godfrey would have said "reg fee". It would just be special for me.

Domain Days 2024

DomainDame

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The usual .." Mr. Price, Thank for your interest but xxxxxx.com is not for sale...blah, blah, blah..."

At least he replied. I think I will still make a note to email him back in 3mos. I did register the .net version. Likely, he will probably get some traffic once I start marketing the website.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
It can be shorter.

Greetings,

I am interested in purchasing XXX.com. If you could let me know a ballpark price then we might be able to come to an agreement today. I can pay immediately.

Regards,

Larry Flynt

That sounds too desperate. I wouldn't use that at all. Desperation means you are willing to pay too much. Also there is no friendliness in the email as you took away the "sweet". It's always good to attempt to be personal with people you deal with. Normally I try to find out of the guy has wife or kids and next thing I know we are chatting for 10-15 minutes about life...makes it easier to negotiate after that.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
That sounds too desperate. I wouldn't use that at all. Desperation means you are willing to pay too much. Also there is no friendliness in the email as you took away the "sweet". It's always good to attempt to be personal with people you deal with. Normally I try to find out of the guy has wife or kids and next thing I know we are chatting for 10-15 minutes about life...makes it easier to negotiate after that.

It's not desperate at all. This is a $100 domain. The owner of the domain likely has many more names and probably won't be too excited about engaging in five or six emails to finally get that amount.....only to be told that the buyer will let him know when he has the money.

People deserve to get their emails deleted when they go on and on about stupid stuff and repeat the obvious. Why would you tell the person that you found his name in the whois? I am sure he is aware of that. And I don't see why you have to get so wordy about asking the person if they have an interest in selling.....and then mentioning a counter offer.

People who sell domains want the transaction to be lightning quick so they can move on to something else. If I ever thought about selling a name for $100 to an unsolicited buyer by way of Whois I would probably delete the buyer's emails after the second correspondence. I could go knock on my neigbors door and wash his car or mow his lawn for close to that amount...and I'd still have the name.

I'm probably not picking up the phone for under $1,000...that's for sure. If the buyer isn't educated enough to know that the seller prefers a fast deal then he's not getting the name. There is too much money to be made in the business to email back and forth over a low-value name. I have bought and sold thousands of names and the sellers just want to get the most money as quicky as possible.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
I have bought and sold thousands of names and the sellers just want to get the most money as quicky as possible.

Can we stop with the constant chest-thumping?

We all have different methods here and some things work better for different people. She already sent the email so its a moot point now anyway.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Can we stop with the constant chest-thumping?

We all have different methods here and some things work better for different people. She already sent the email so its a moot point now anyway.

Shut up. Anytime anyone says anything about figures you don't want to hear it. Go ahead and email people in a long-winded fashion, and with a bunch on meaningless stuff and see where it gets you. It's a waste of time. I have had people specifically thank me for keeping it brief.

If you haven't had hundreds of email inquiries then you wouldn't know...now would you? Sellers really don't want to hear about what someone wants to do with a $100 domain. I know that the more someone talks about irrelevant things the more I don't want to sell, and the more likely they are to want to "think about it" and get back to me. I'll pass every time.

Below is what someone sent me in response to an offer for a great name. People are welcome to beat around the bush and waste people's time, but you are only hurting yourselves. Has anyone ever been thanked for a long email....ever?

Subject: Re: *****.com

Thanks for the mercifully brief, mainly businesslike inquiry. But no
thanks.

Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom