Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Want to develop a domain into a site, never done it before, adivice needed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nparkin0

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently decided that I shoudl develop a domain name I purchased...negligence.tv... because I would like to exploit the possible ad revenue I could get from it because of its PPC.

A few questions I have are:

1. Do I need it hosting, if so, where is the cheapest/best place to do it?
2.What should I fill the site with, (ie: content wise)
3.What would be the best way to earn revenue from it (ie: adsense, affiliate programs etc) Which things are best?

Hope someone could help me with this. I want to develop it to increase its value so someone may buy it off me in the very near future.

Thanks for looking

Nick.

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1- Yeah, you need hosting. I suggest you to check out GoDaddy or DreamHost. Dreamhost had a very appealing hosting offer in past years, I don't know if it is still valid but when you enter a coupon while purchasing you were getting a pretty good discount for the first year. (EDIT: It was $97 off but they changed it to $50 off.) Look for godaddy hosting coupons on google too.
2- Well maybe some interesting news or stories about negligence or some videos as it's extension is .tv :hmm
3- Personally i think Adsense or any other ppc programs will be better.

I am sure that other users will help you too so don't hurry.

Good luck! :)

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Turning your domains to a website is definitely a win-win unless your domain pays you well in parking and uyou do notwant to fiddle around with it

Take a hosting account which can take alias / pointers of many / multi domains
Do a programming that can automate the content and the templates dependin on the domainname.

Adsense works well for these small / mini sites .

All the best!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WordPress is very easy to learn, tons of tutorials for free, and millions are using it and glad to share tips.

I spent a few years workinging and learning Joomla which is incredible and I love it.

WordPress is so fantastic in user friendly aspects. Joomla has a much steeper learning curve.

These are free to use to anyone. Many web hosts have these CMS's already loaded.

ftaylor

.scot
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gah, all these joomla promoters! Doc, if you've used Joomla for years, you must have noticed that it was voted 2nd best CMS, behind DRUPAL - the be all and end all!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Drupal is solid, but has little support for nice looking templates.

ftaylor

.scot
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's a completely fair comment. I think that at a glance it looks alot more difficult to create nice templates, but in actual fact, it provides more control over templates. To summarise, people are put off making nice templates for drupal because it looks difficult, but it's actually not.

owl921

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey! I am looking to start developing some of my domains also. Is there someone out there that wants to provide me with web services and schooling?
I have decided that parking is not as lucrative as I first thought. I want to start developing and see what happens. I think I have several domains that can be profitable.
Give me some feedback and direction so I can start this venture.
Thanks for your help.

WebsiteTraders.Com

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Turning your domains to a website is definitely a win-win unless your domain pays you well in parking and uyou do notwant to fiddle around with it

Take a hosting account which can take alias / pointers of many / multi domains
Do a programming that can automate the content and the templates dependin on the domainname.

Adsense works well for these small / mini sites .

All the best!

Have you had any traffic from search engines with these automatic content websites?

beyond.domaining

www.BeyondDomaining.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Yes, with all the good type-in names taken, domain parking has lost its luster. Domain Development is the next big opportunity for domain name investors like yourself.

Here's a quick to do list for you to get started:

1) Set up Deluxe Hosting Account at GoDaddy. Deluxe Hosting allows you to host up to 25 database driven web sites on your single hosting account. Once you exceed 25 sites, you can just upgrade to their Unlimited Hosting plan.

2) Install WordPress using their Hosting Connection applications. GoDaddy's Hosting Connection offers a step by step walk through to guide you through the installation process. Its actually really easy. Drupal and Joomla are other great CMS (content management systems) scripts, but WordPress is the best for newbies. The designs and functionality are super professional and the installation and management is the easiest. There are some advantages to Drupal and Joomla, but for newbies / non-developers / non-programmers those advantages are probably out of your reach.

3) Once you get the 'framework' of your site up and running, you'll have to customize it and configure it. There are tutorials on the web and eBooks available to show you how to do this. There are all kinds of tips and tricks that can make your site look, and more importantly, function, like a professional web site. This includes integration with things like: Google AdSense, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Auto Search Engine Submission, SEO Optimization, XML Sitemaps, Cache-ed Pages, Photo Galleries, etc, etc.

This will take a little bit of time for a newbie, but you'll be off to the races once you learn. And once you learn how to do these things, you can actually make a ton of money on AdSense. And that money grows over time as your sites gain inbound links and greater trust from search engines. Most of my developed names each used to make a few dollars per year on parking services like Parked.com, Domain Sponsor, and Fabulous, but now they each make a several dollars per day as developed sites. More importantly, because of SEO, my revenues are now growing, whereas before, on parking pages, they were declining.

4) Once the framework of your site is up and running you need to fill it with content. This might include you handwriting articles. But the better strategy is to gather free articles at places like EzineArticles or Constant Content and Helium. There are a lot of other sources out there for free articles. Another way to do this is to hire these articles out to freelancers at places like Craigslist or Elance or Odesk. Its important to develop different pages of content for the most popular keywords related to your site. You should use a keyword tool like Google's AdWords Keyword tool:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Type in your keywords and then write / acquire articles targeted at the most popular keywords.

5) Once you're finished filling your site with content, you'll need to start marketing it through link building and article marketing campaigns.

6) Be patient. Domain Development is not a quick fix. It typically takes 1 - 3 months before your site gets fully 'picked up' in the search engines. But once these sites are up and running, they're basically like little soldiers that bring back a lot more 'plunder' to their master than those pathetic parked pages did. And if you keep at it and you build lots and lots of sites. You can develop some serious 'passive income'.

Last edited:

WebsiteTraders.Com

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good tips......but i doubt search engines are gonna index ur pages if it contains duplicate articles from sites like ezine unless u use a high quality article spinner.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Least cost is just use free blogger at blogspot.com using your domain add some content and promo. Your done.

beyond.domaining

www.BeyondDomaining.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, great point - ezinearticles not going to get great SEO results on their own. i recommend reworking them first. or to use an article spinner.

blogger or blogspot or wordpress.com (free blogs) are great for non-adsense monetized sites. they're good to put up free content and then point to your monetized sites on your own domains. google gives better 'cred' to sites with no ads on them. they're good 'props' for your $$$money$$$ sites.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
yes, great point - ezinearticles not going to get great SEO results on their own. i recommend reworking them first. or to use an article spinner.

blogger or blogspot or wordpress.com (free blogs) are great for non-adsense monetized sites. they're good to put up free content and then point to your monetized sites on your own domains. google gives better 'cred' to sites with no ads on them. they're good 'props' for your $$$money$$$ sites.

Only blogger can use your own domain right? Does wordpress.com allows?
Also I would have to add Google loves sites which have their adsense code aka sites with ads on them:eek:k::eek:

beyond.domaining

www.BeyondDomaining.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, wordpress.com you can use your own domain, but it costs some money.

i've always suspected that google gives preference to sites with adsense, but i don't know this for sure though.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. Do I need it hosting, if so, where is the cheapest/best place to do it?

This is the only item that I have input on as I am looking to do more with some of my domains just as you are. I can say though that HostGator.COM is an excellent host. For $9.95 per month (or less now, I think) you can host multiple domains. They are very responsive coming in at about 1.5 hours for email and 3-5 minutes for live on line support. I have NO connection to them other than as a customer but they are an excellent choice in my opinion.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey! I am looking to start developing some of my domains also. Is there someone out there that wants to provide me with web services and schooling?
I have decided that parking is not as lucrative as I first thought. I want to start developing and see what happens. I think I have several domains that can be profitable.
Give me some feedback and direction so I can start this venture.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom