Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs wanting to promote a clothing store through a PPS model - please help a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrillsneer7

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So we have a website where we sell t-shirts

I would like to take it to the next level and join an affiliate network i tried CJ.com and they thought we would be better with shareasale.com

Do people think that it is a viable method for us?

We were going to offer $4 per sale, is that reasonable?

Any other advice about how to promote the affiliate program, thing we should be aware, any opinions at all would be great.

Also can anyone recommend any good books about how to promote websites?

As always thanks for reading and any advice.

------

I also wanted to just increase the traffic coming to the site and maybe get some of our t-shirts to resellers, here is my plan:

commission a Press Release on elance.
Distribute it through PRweb and a specific contact list
use Adbrite and blog ads
Buy a mailing list for clothes stores in NYC, london and Los Angeles and send out a sales pack with our designs to all the shops and follow up with a phone call.

I would love any criticism, feedback advice etc.

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

HarleyDude

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'd start by checking out your competition. There are plenty of T-Shirt programs out there. Here are two:

Funny T-Shirts
RockStar Tees

Check out the details of their programs, and run a backlink checker on their sites to come up with some of their affiliates. See what kind of sites link to them.

You need to figure out what makes your program different than the 78 programs on Shareasale that contain the word T-Shirt. Once you know that, send personal invitations to some companies on the backlink checker for your competitors. Stress that the program is new and by invitation only, and punch up the reasons your program will make them more money.

Are you trying to drive retailer traffic to the web, or just get your shirts in front of them. A sales pack with a unique T-shirt would probably get some play. If you want to drive them to your website, you should put together a custom URL for each prospect and send them to it. Put up info that is
custom to them (maybe some geographical shirts or special discounts).

Those are off the top of my head. Please PM me if I can help in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom