Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Warning 2checkout.com -- Avoid at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After dealing with 2checkout for over 5 years, someone made a fraudulent charge on my credit card through them. When I called to complain they told me this....

It will not be refunded and if you issue a CB on this order your accounts with 2co will be in jeopardy.

"It will not be refunded and if you issue a CB on this order your accounts with 2co will be in jeopardy."

I couldn't believe my eyes... They threatened that if I followed through with the chargeback, my accounts would be closed even though I never made the original purchase.

Great customer service.....

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trader, complaint submitted.

Complaint ID : 1741954
BBB of Central Ohio, Inc.
1335 Dublin Road, #30-A
Columbus,OH - 43215 1000
www.columbus-ohbbb.org

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Not surprised. All the more reason to use PayPal.
The truth is: they (2Checkout & PayPal) both have their shares of horror stories. PayPal probably has more negative exposure, but that could be due to their much larger market share. And if your volume of transactions is substantial enough, it might be a better idea to just go with your own merchant account.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stopped 2checkout.com within 2 weeks of signing up..... and instead got a account with authorize.net. Have had no problems with them.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how can I 'unsign' from them?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
.....it might be a better idea to just go with your own merchant account.

IMO not so. There are some major benefits and reasons why PayPal is better than regular bank merchant accounts which I will not go into at this time. I have both and always try to get clients to use PayPal.

P.S. Re complaints, they are a direct result of the company size, i.e. Mastercard will have more complaints than Discover Card, PayPal more than 2Checkout, Dell more than Gateway, General Motors more than Saab, etc. All firms will get complaints no matter how good they are to most customers.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
IMO not so. There are some major benefits and reasons why PayPal is better than regular bank merchant accounts ...
Hmm ... at this very moment, I'm actually seriously considering taking away PayPal as a payment option for my relatively higher end, business hosting brand, as I want to avoid customers whose financial capacities are limited to PayPal. I would however definitely keep it for my entry level, personal hosting brand.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ohhh beware of 2checkout. Have had a very terrible experience with them.
They should be called 2chargeback.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me how to cancel the 2checkout account?
there is no such data on the site, I only joined because of a need to pay someone here.
If DCG doesnt trust them, I aint taking any chances.
and I used my 'good' credit card (very high limit)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
General Motors owns Saab :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone used your card you have every right to do a chargeback, and it seems 2CO is using the fact that you are a merchant with them against you. This is a hostile tactic and should be reported. I would do the chargeback, the fact that you are a merchant has NOTHING to do with it, and if they cancel your accounts, that would be unethical.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
If someone used your card you have every right to do a chargeback, and it seems 2CO is using the fact that you are a merchant with them against you. This is a hostile tactic and should be reported. I would do the chargeback, the fact that you are a merchant has NOTHING to do with it, and if they cancel your accounts, that would be unethical.
and most likely if they are based in U.S even somewhat, which i am sure they are, You can sue the pants off them.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
General Motors owns Saab :)
LOL :-D

mmkrulz said:
and most likely if they are based in U.S even somewhat, which i am sure they are, You can sue the pants off them.
2co is MTL based afaik

DotComGod said:
After dealing with 2checkout for over 5 years, someone made a fraudulent charge on my credit card through them. When I called to complain they told me this....

It will not be refunded and if you issue a CB on this order your accounts with 2co will be in jeopardy.

"It will not be refunded and if you issue a CB on this order your accounts with 2co will be in jeopardy."

I couldn't believe my eyes... They threatened that if I followed through with the chargeback, my accounts would be closed even though I never made the original purchase.

Great customer service.....

-=DCG=-

2CO > Paysystems :)

trader said:
Not surprised. All the more reason to use PayPal.

You might complain about them using this link for obviously illegally blackmailing you to not complain.

http://www.bbbonline.org/cks.asp?id=101091010135618315
I am sorry to say, many will disagree.

Sure htey have a huge market share and are prone to complaints, but my experience with Paypal is they are not a "great" company with good policies to help their clients.

As a merchant (and sometimes a buyer), they offer a great service, which (for now) I continue to use. Definately not for higher $ transactions with people you do not trust.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.2checkout.com/aboutus.htm

2Checkout.com, Inc. (2CO) is the online distribution center for over 300,000 tangible or digital products and services. Established in 1999 and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, 2CO provides turnkey e-commerce solutions to thousands of business customers around the world. 2CO's proprietary technology supports back-office functions including financial reporting, tracking, fraud prevention, affiliate tracking, customer service and sales tracking.

anony

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problems with 2CO so far.

Thanks,

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In re to Steen:
Paysystems is evil. Luckily they were shut down, and can no longer offer 3rd party accounts, only direct merchant accounts, but stay away.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
In re to Steen:
Paysystems is evil. Luckily they were shut down, and can no longer offer 3rd party accounts, only direct merchant accounts, but stay away.
Agreed.

I think the root of the problem here is more or less the acquiring banks and even more so, Visa.

Paysystems, GloBill (AFAIK), iBill and BrightPay all went downhill when they got axed by either their bank or Visa (or sometimes MC?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom