Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning about making minor registrant changes at GoDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there really an ICANN rule about this?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The rule of thumb is: don't use GoDaddy until Mr. Parsons dismounts the high horse he's riding in on.

domainscot

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about godaddy thing i use go daddy and have never had any problems
ant time i ask for something it gets done

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainscot said:
sorry to hear about godaddy thing i use go daddy and have never had any problems ant time i ask for something it gets done

Please do not misunderstand, they are good overall. I still have lots of names at GD/WW but I am less happy with them than in the past over all this crap but it's very hard to find anyone better.

The reason you had no problems in the past is you have not tried to transfer between resller accts and have not tried to transfer a name where you made a minor change or even renewed recently, which also starts the 60 day clock ban on transfers, and also did not need to deal with not getting an automatic refund of the prepaid transfer fees on failures.

TotalWebNetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the heads up, I actually didn't know that. And I have around 30 names with GoDaddy. :(

Who do you guys recommend that doesn't have such strict guidelines?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I like Stargate.com, they have excellent support.
Or Enom, via resellers.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a domain from sedo recently...the seller pushed the domain to SEDO's account on GD and due to this sedo said that they cannot transfer it on other registrant for 60 days BUT they were able to push it on my GD account the same day, and so they did.

So what's the reason for the 60 day period ? Security ? U can easily push it on another account with totaly different registar info. ...this is 100% "verisign type" trick

Also the registrant I wanted to transfer domain to, was my reseller account on Wild West Domains....GD and WWD share THE SAME database, same support and procedures BUT they don't want u to take dn away form them easily ...
Still GD offers the best support along with 2-3 others but as they are getting bigger they start acting like verisign ...

TotalWebNetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I like Stargate.com, they have excellent support.
Or Enom, via resellers.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I do have an enom account so that's what I'll probably start using, although I think I could handle a 60 day period with GoDaddy.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TotalWebNetwork said:
....I think I could handle a 60 day period with GoDaddy.

The 60 day no transfer issues GD/WW enforces so strongly is mainly an issue for active sellers, especially those who do flips. For me it is only an occasional inconvenience as I do not sell individual domains. It's actually more of a hassle for me when buying names.

As long as you do not sell many names (or not at all) then GD/WW is probably your best choice as far as a good mix of well done 24X7 tech supt, nice control panel and capabilities, free extras, very low pricing, plus special offer reg prices. However with that said I am still far less happy with them than I was in the past as some of their policies are odd and they are totally non-flexible with their rules.

TotalWebNetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I definitely see what you mean. It is really odd for them to be so strict, but I guess that's what happens to all larger companies, employees must follow the policies no matter what. I just don't understand what the big deal is about it especially if you're a good customer with tons of domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom