Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal Warning: Campbell1990 non-paying buyer after $7,000 offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ok, but the $6K hasn't actually come out of your pocket 'though
has it? It was money you thought you were going to get...

And, as for suing the guy, will you really do that? Or is it just a
bit of, perfectly understandable, 'hot air' on your part?

Proving 'malicious intent' on his part will be quite hard anyway,
as it doesn't appear that you can prove a) that he has lied, and
b) that he does this kind of thing consistently.

Another self-professed lawyer, thank you for your ignorant post. Join the list of DNFers I won't ever do business with.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If a person can put down $7k on a domain, shouldn't he be able to afford car insurance?

He could have said the dog ate his money, the lie is equally effective.

What matters is that his contractual agreement, both on DNForum and on Sedo was violated.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kick All Scammers and Liars off DNF !!! I agree with Arco !!

nydomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is that $7k deal could've been any members' bread on the table. We strive to have an honest industry and this behavior should not be tolerated. Period. If you're not sure, or can't make the deal, then don't make the offer.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
nydomain - precisely. That Eric Campbell did not honor the deal is unquestionable.

Did I emphasize enough that he made other large amount offers to other DNF members at the same time? This guy is a ticking bomb.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

And, as for suing the guy, will you really do that? Or is it just a
bit of, perfectly understandable, 'hot air' on your part?

Proving 'malicious intent' on his part will be quite hard anyway,
as it doesn't appear that you can prove a) that he has lied, and
b) that he does this kind of thing consistently.

Agree on the first 2 points.... As for the 3rd, I don't think malicious intent needs to be proven, the fact he breached the contractual agreement is all that matters, And of course the seller will have to proof damages as a result of the sale not going through, otherwise it will likely be thrown out.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Raider, a binding contract that's broken isn't an "if and or" situation. In other words, I don't have to prove anything other than the fact that the contract was not satisfied.

The fact that the other party is also in the US will make it all very enjoyable.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider, a binding contract that's broken isn't an "if and or" situation. In other words, I don't have to prove anything other than the fact that the contract was not satisfied.

The fact that the other party is also in the US will make it all very enjoyable.

Not so enjoyable. You will need to file the petition in the county the defendant resides and does business and you will need to pay all expenses to and from and they can litigate it until you say mercy. If you are close enough by all means.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Money 'thought you were going to get' after a qualified agreement, IS money lost.

Trying playing this game after accepting a real estate binding offer. It aint pretty lol. :)

Especially in the USA. It could be less pretty than the agreed upon price. ;)

I would make sure of it. :violin:

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This "Campbell" kind of person gets pleasure out of purchasing; paying isn't important to them. And, I'd bet that this guy doesn't just screw over domainers... I am positive his regular life is exactly the same. He's got bad credit, tax liens, collections, levys, judgements, and anything else you can receive from purchasing and not paying. People with great credit, money and all that goes with that honor their purchasing commitments. People without - don't.

Getting a judgement easy or not isn't the issue for Acro, really. Getting the money is the real problem. I'm afraid that after a successful court judgement, notwithstanding all of the geographical concerns with state laws, collecting on the judgement is another story all together. I'm speaking from experience, not guessing here. The judgement is a nice ego boost, and a wink that you were in the right all along, but it costs good money after bad to get that nod. I would think Acro will just be standing in line with a bunch of other collection agents, judgement recipients, and more after lots of work to get that court decision.

Sorry this happened Acro. I've read enough around the forums and your sites to know you're the kind of person who honors business arrangements. You were jacked around and that's hard not to take personally. If it makes you feel better to get the judgement or to feel complete about getting this guy back, I say do it - Campbell is a jerk and deserves everything he gets.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't have to prove anything other than the fact that the contract was not satisfied.

This is the exact point I made, but you must prove damages caused by the buyer breaching the purchase agreement, otherwise what are you suing for? Your not going to tell me your suing for the $7K are you? Your dreaming if you think the court will enforce the contract, that's just not how it works. When you sue, your asking the court to compensate you for money you lost, and since you haven't lost anything, you have NO CASE... You can ask for punitive damages, but you must show that you suffered as a result, Good luck with that one.

And CBK is exactly right, you need to sue in the County where the defendant resides.

It sucks that you lost the sale and you have every right to be upset, but were dealing with people who hide behind a computer screen, You cant tell me you weren't aware of the fact this could happen, As domainers we all know that deals don't always go through, that's why when I make a domain sale, I don't spend my money before I receive it, at least NOT until the mail man delivers my Escrow.com check. :)

What I gather from your posts in that you want accountability which is understandable, So my next question is; Why is it taking this long for the forum to ban him?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I waited 18 months to collect payment from a deadbeat located in Kuwait and I have no problem slow-cooking this crook either.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Let's recap so that the large amounts of 'white noise' settles down.

1. Eric Campbell made an offer via PM for $7,000
2. He was asked to confirm the offer on Sedo
3. Asked for a week to provide payment, so I sent the domain to auction.
4. He won the auction at the agreed upon amount but hours prior PM'ed me that he had a car accident and he's being sued by the other driver so he won't be paying for the domain.
5. Did not correspond further to my inquiry to provide proof of claim #4.
6. Was eventually banned by Sedo after numerous attempts to collect payments.
7. Eric Campbell attempted to do the same to at least two other DNF members.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surely this person has been banned by now? Several of his latest posts are solicitations to do business with people here. What does it actually take to get banned these days?

Preciousmetals

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow, All i have to say is I will never do business with Acro. You clearly have never ran or operated an actual business.. Just because someone gave you an offer that made you get so excited, does not mean you should hunt a person down for the offer.. Have you ever returned a product to store? Did they then hunt you down after because you caused them money? ( and your buyer didn't cause you a dam penny).

I have had 12,000USD offers on domains, I simply replied with "If interested we will use Escrow services" .. Never heard back

Never made the complete sale, But I didn't throw a baby tamper tantrum because I expected to have that money from a specific person.

It's a business world and everybody has their own right to do what they want with their money. Don't try and be the government and force people to give you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom