Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Warning from google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They actually did respond today to my email. Of course it contained no specifics and only that they have proprietary algorithms etc.

I can understand their point of view, but as others have hinted at, if they lose enough publishers, or have their adsense name tarnished enough they could fall from top dog spot. They should work with publishers who like myself have had no problems with them. I've been using adsense for a couple of years without any problems until this warning. Sounds like many others who had problems were also long time users/customers. It is a two-way street and they should recognize that.

At this point my accounts are still active so I'm hoping whatever happened is now past.

Domain Days 2024

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if google will come up with better solutions than just
banning acct. left and right without further investigation.

I feel that Google should take responsibility on the click fraud too. Its system should stop the adsense ads on the fly when suspicious multiple clicks takes place. If not on the fly, its can always reduce the publishers' revenue when high spike occurs.

Google comes out with stupid system and blame it on affiliates. Yet, it still benefit from seizure publisher's revenue. No wonder why it stocks hit $500. If they keep banning the publishers, then who knows what is going to happen in the near future.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some may have noticed since my advertising revenue became and easy attack point, ive never splashed my sites in a sig of any forum again. I piss people off more often than not, my sites in sigs become the easy target for people who wanna kick me in the teeth.

I had never really thought about that until just now. I better stay out of the politics forum!

It's a really strange business we're in. We put advertisements up on the screens of peoples computers. And if they decide to click on them, we get paid. We have no control over who clicks or how many times. People can do it as many times as they want for whatever reason they might have. A few clicks make us money. Too many clicks get us fired. Very strange business indeed.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had never really thought about that until just now. I better stay out of the politics forum!

I wasnt referring to political forums. I refer to my competition who relies on their site/s for their bread and butter. I'd feel safer in a political forum to be completely honest.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It so happens I also got the warning email. But at least I didn't get the one
saying my account's suspended and all that.

Like the OP, I was never able to get any specifics from them. I've been forced
to remove my adsense until I can figure this out.

I've also been using a free nifty tool for quite time. Give it a whirl:

www.adlogger.org

Prior to the warning email, adlogger emailed me of a click. I checked my logs
and found some answers that possibly warranted Google's warning email.

Since then I've emailed Google some things to at least try to prove to them I
have every intent to comply with their policies. I'll wait for their answer/s.

Meanwhile, do be careful where you "tell" people about your sites with ads.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Throwing my 2 cents in here with some experience on this, that email is canned , and it could mean anything that is against google TOS also including but not limited to, no content on sites , no contact email on sites , sites that generate member downline pages , free hosting service sites ( free webhosting or free boards they don't like) , views being generated from automatic pageview sites.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, do be careful where you "tell" people about your sites with ads.

You are right.

Run websites and are afraid to advertise! How pathetic are the adsense publishers!

Throwing my 2 cents in here with some experience on this, that email is canned , and it could mean anything that is against google TOS also including but not limited to, no content on sites , no contact email on sites , sites that generate member downline pages , free hosting service sites ( free webhosting or free boards they don't like) , views being generated from automatic pageview sites.

Google send me an account termination notice saying that there are invalid clicks on my account and I have no clue how this thing happened and to which one of my websites. I wasn't given a chance to login to adsense to investigate the invalid clicks. Google disabled my account even before sending me the notice.

If I make a living solely on websites, I would go around search for other adsense publishers and take revenges on them.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're advertising an adsense-type site for sale, is there any 'sandbox' account you can use for the adsense details? Like if someone advertises an 'adsense-ready' site on ebay, can they put code in the adsense block that will track clicks but not pay, just to prevent click fraud while it's in the public eye and up for sale?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question aZooZa.

I wouldn't be suprised if selling a site made for adsense is against the terms and policies considering it is against terms to make a site for adsense strangely enough.

If you go through the terms and policies of adsense you can probably categorize the great majority of all sites under "made for advertising". the ones that arent made for ads are usually not worth going to (some sites excluded i guess, but i havent seen them in this decade)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kevin, thanks for that. If making sites for adsense or "creating sites with reasonable content with adsense income as a feature" is against TOS then I despair. That makes a very large percentage of sites appear to be against G's TOS. Then I suppose one could start on PPC companies ...

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link :)
Is it good?

So far adlogger has consistently emailed me whenever I got clicks. It gave the
IP address, time and date stamp.

It also lets me track my ads' performance via channels. And I can see which
pages get results.

It hasn't blocked out ads from certain users yet since no one has hit the limit
I set for it. When I reinput my adsense, I intend to make it "stricter".

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice story... sometning like that happened to me twise.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got banned recently - same generic email, and they won't even say which domain. The large majority of my income comes from elsewhere, but it's still annoying as I like to think that I run a legitimate operation. Google needs to take 100% responsibility - with the exception of blatant click fraud, which must be obvious, domain and website owners have no control over who clicks on an ad - there's absolutely nothing to stop your competitors getting your account banned. If any of you attend any of the conferences, make sure you bring it up in a public forum and directly with the Google rep.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got banned recently - same generic email, and they won't even say which domain. The large majority of my income comes from elsewhere, but it's still annoying as I like to think that I run a legitimate operation. Google needs to take 100% responsibility - with the exception of blatant click fraud, which must be obvious, domain and website owners have no control over who clicks on an ad - there's absolutely nothing to stop your competitors getting your account banned. If any of you attend any of the conferences, make sure you bring it up in a public forum and directly with the Google rep.

This reminds me a lot of the early Paypal crap where they would seize or freeze accounts and confiscate money with little due process. And many times for non-existant or unexplained offenses.

I bought 3k worth of furniture and had my account frozen for a week while they "investigated". Fortunately it was released.

Your American justice dept finally forced them to cease and desist and I believe there was a settlement. Since then the complaints have pretty much died away.

It seems to me that Google is running the same (SCAM???) against many of the webmasters. Perhaps forwarding your complaints to the attorney generals in your individual states as well as your federal AG would prompt some action against them. And notify google you're doing this every time you get an email like this. Nothing makes a company run for cover faster thant the threat of a regulator getting interested :eek:

Of course I don't have to worry about adsense. I'm told my site(s) doesn't qualify. After three rounds of BS emails where they couldn't explain WHY I just went elsewhere...... :sigh2:

There ought to be a law against morons in business...... :upset:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom