Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning: Instra.com and .ae domains rip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been a reseller with Instra.com for a couple of years or so and have registered a number of .ae domains for a few clients and a few myself. A client registered one through me in August 2011 and all was resolving ok for them to their own holding page.
It still shows as at this time in my instra.com account control panel BUT I have checked and the domain is now listed as belonging to omeone else and is in a different Domain Registrar's account. I have received NOTHING at all from Instra.com regarding this domain and nor has my client . I have previously lost a few domains (or clients have) through a "procedure" whereby Instra.com tell me that they have received a complaint from AEDA/TRA but instra refused in those cases to send me any copy of any complaint allegedly made by AEDA/TRA about the domain and they then simply take the domain name. There is no due process or indeed any process at all . This domain I speak about now is different in that we have received nothing at all .

For all intents and purposes this appears like a SCAM whereby Instra, who insist on having their details on the domains, gets me to pay for the domains and then sells them under pretext of them being taken by AEDA/TRA . I warn everyone of this as this last one has shown me they are not to be trusted and you are simply giving instra money for nothing.

DG

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Instra have just told me that they sent an email on 10/10/2011 and the domain was deleted on 10/10/2011 but refuse to send any details or copies of any complaint. It seems this .ae domains and Instra.com are just one big SCAM !!. That is how anyone would view this. I have by way checked thoroughly and no email at all ever received from them.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you contact the registry to clear this up ?

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you contact the registry to clear this up ?

Sorry if I laugh at that question, but that is like trying to speak with Santa Claus (Father Christmas) and see whether you can find out what presents he is bringing you .In fact it would be easier to do that than get ANY reply from the Registry for .ae. As for Instra.com. Here is how it has gone several times before .(a) Instra.com email and say "we have frozen your domain at request of Registry" . (b) we write back and say7 please forward their complaint. (c) Instra.com write back and say that they cannot send us any complaint or anything at all they SAY they received from the Registry. (d) We send a response to what Instra.com SAY is the complaint. (e) We never see the domain we/our clients have paid for again and it is then re-registered/transferred by/to another party . THIS TIME we received NOTHING at all from Instra.com ,only emails asking us to waste more money with them registering more domains. I then checked and by chance see that this particular .ae is in another parties name with a different registrar ,even though it still shows in our Instra control panel. 100% we received no email at all from Instra about this domain . They simply say;

Thank you for your call earlier,

The domain has been policy deleted on the 10/10/2011 because you has breeched the policy agreement.

An email stating the issue was also sent on the 10/10/2011.

If you have any more questions about the domain please feel free to ask.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the name has indeed been frozen upon registry request, that's where you need to ask.
Not receiving answers or being taken for a ride is one thing but did you at least try ?

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the name has indeed been frozen upon registry request, that's where you need to ask.
Not receiving answers or being taken for a ride is one thing but did you at least try ?

The domain is registered to another company and by another Registrar so it is too late. One thing I can say is that it is absolutely 100% certain Instra sent no complaint whatsoever and their saying they did is BS.

DG

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain is registered to another company and by another Registrar so it is too late.
I suppose you still want to know what really happened.
One thing I can say is that it is absolutely 100% certain Instra sent no complaint whatsoever and their saying they did is BS.
One good reason to complain with the registry (or even higher up, the ministry in charge).

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose you still want to know what really happened.
One good reason to complain with the registry (or even higher up, the ministry in charge).

As I say, you have more chance of getting a reply from a brick wall.They simply do not reply to any emails,phone calls or letters. They are useless ,like any developing country. The only way you get info is from the Registrar but they are equally useless (Instra). I have asked several occassions to see the complaint from the Registry but they say they cannot send one. They just take the domains out of the account and no real explanation is given and you never see any decision.We are not speaking of .com which has proper processes.

DG

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a ccTLD so Icann has no say.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interested to get an update to why this happen. Can you post the domains in question? I'm not sure how the .ae works but someone here must have dealt with this company and the .ae extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom