Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning: RegisterFly Push Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just found out that when a domain is pushed from one RegisterFly account to another, if the domain was "for sale" on the RegisterFly marketplace, it remains for sale, and can be purchased at whatever insane price was set for the domain, even after you accept ownership.

One of my domains was just "bought" from me, even though I never listed it. I am currently in conversations with RegisterFly to get this domain back (will keep you posted), but I thought I would put this warning out.

In short, if you have received a domain from someone via a RegisterFly push, please check that it is not still for sale in their marketplace... you could wake one morning (as I did) to find that someone else has bought the domain from under you without your permission at a price that may not be acceptable to you.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adendum: I just found this entry in the marketplace agreement:

- It is your responsibility to remove a domain from the marketplace in the event you are no longer interested in selling it. If a name is listed, it is eligible for immediate sale.

This shows that RegisterFly is aware that this is the case. However, what they are forgetting is that the RECIPIENT never sees this agreement, nor indicates their agreement with these terms.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"- It is your responsibility to remove a domain from the marketplace in the event you are no longer interested in selling it. If a name is listed, it is eligible for immediate sale. "

This doesn't even seem to matter to them. I have removed several domains from the Marketplace which are still in my account, and they are still listed for sale months later in the marketplace. Their whole system is screwed up. I have to email the owner personally to take action. I have probably emailed him about 15 different issues over the past year and a half, and only about 10 are resolved.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update: They pulled my domain back into my account for me. Not sure how they handled that with the party that thought they were buying my domain, but that's none of my concern.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update #2: I guess they really didn't get the domain back for me after all. It's in my control panel, but I cannot change any info or get an EPP code for this domain to transfer it away. The WHOIS info is someone else's, and I cannot get a straight answer out of support or Tim Shor. I opened a support ticket about this three weeks ago, and haven't had any response (their system automatically closed the case before anyone even responded).

Not very happy about this one. Suffice it to say I won't be using these folks again.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reg fly sucks.

I jsut wish people would buy names off me there :-D

I dont have any listed (that i know of :-D ) there.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WoW! It sound like RegisterFly is the "FeaturePrice" of domain registrars!

In case you are among the 9 or 10 who haven't heard of FP, they are by a very long way the WORST webhosting company on the planet.

They also ingore customer complaints, cheat them out of their money, and have official policies that wreck their customers websites and lives.

I sure hope RegisterFly is not that bad! In fact, I have acouple domains there I bought from someone! Sounds like I better go check on them, and transfer them out!

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
I sure hope RegisterFly is not that bad! In fact, I have acouple domains there I bought from someone! Sounds like I better go check on them, and transfer them out!

Just make sure they are not listed on the domain marketplace, or you may find they've been sold from under you. You can check this by clicking "Buy/Sell Domains" then click the tab labeled "My Names for Sale" and make sure you don't have any listed from a previous owner.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had this happen, luckily the person who bought it from me wasn't mad about the situation considering he made some money off of it and only had it a few weeks.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow thats a terrible story.
Thanks for the heads up, FLe8, from the other thread.
Just checked, and luckily I dont have any for sale.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It actually happened to me too! I was lucky to have learned about the listing "accidentally" (forgot how), contacted support and had it removed. But I still don't like that domains transferred away would still be listed in your account and renewal notice sent. They ask you to "refresh" your account, but why do I have to do that instead of them updating it automatically? Of course, I am transferring all remaining domain names away.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
It actually happened to me too! I was lucky to have learned about the listing "accidentally" (forgot how), contacted support and had it removed. But I still don't like that domains transferred away would still be listed in your account and renewal notice sent. They ask you to "refresh" your account, but why do I have to do that instead of them updating it automatically? Of course, I am transferring all remaining domain names away.

Your best bet is to transfer the domains you have at RegFly out. If you have many domains do them a little at a time. I still haven't gotten paid on money owed to me from their parking service at NameRenters.com and it's been over a year now. Most recently sales through their domain marketplace have not been sending out emails to the sellers, which can cause headaches trying to figure out which domains have sold there if you have many in your account. I also have transferred some domains out of the RegFly account months ago to another registrar which still show in my RegFly account.

They have tagline on there site for the past two months now that say " Look for the new RegsierFly on this date" well the date has been changing for the past 2 months now and no changes. They definitely don't have it together.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what reg company is good at removing names that you have transferred away?
I have that problem currently with aplus.net but 70% of my names are at Registerfly, so it looks like I've got myself set up for a real live game of musical chairs about to go off.
What company is good at sweeping the account to sync all the names and dates, etc. Especailly names that are no longer with them.

Thanks a lot for your advice

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
So what reg company is good at removing names that you have transferred away?
I have that problem currently with aplus.net but 70% of my names are at Registerfly, so it looks like I've got myself set up for a real live game of musical chairs about to go off.
What company is good at sweeping the account to sync all the names and dates, etc. Especailly names that are no longer with them.

Thanks a lot for your advice

Don't worry, you're not the only one in that boat. I have over 200 names at RegFly.com but I have been transferring them out little by little to GoDaddy.com. All the same features with great support and cheaper prices. The only thing they don't currently have is the Domain Marketplace, but I am sure it is not far off. GoDaddy was created based on software sales, so they are flawless in that respect. No screw-ups as with RegFly.com. Just take you time and transfer a few out here and there and you'll be fine.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm wasnt too impressed with godaddy

I'm considering companies including Moniker, and Fabulous.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm not that impressed by GoDaddy's user interface either. I just transferred yet another domain name away from RegisterFly ... to OpenSRS/Tucows. :D

biznews

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Registerfly has hijacked one of my domains replacing them as the registrant. Any suggestions. They never reply to my emails. Should I get hold of a lawyer? I am done trying to contact them. All I get from them is their list server automated emails...

FLe8 said:
I just found out that when a domain is pushed from one RegisterFly account to another, if the domain was "for sale" on the RegisterFly marketplace, it remains for sale, and can be purchased at whatever insane price was set for the domain, even after you accept ownership.

One of my domains was just "bought" from me, even though I never listed it. I am currently in conversations with RegisterFly to get this domain back (will keep you posted), but I thought I would put this warning out.

In short, if you have received a domain from someone via a RegisterFly push, please check that it is not still for sale in their marketplace... you could wake one morning (as I did) to find that someone else has bought the domain from under you without your permission at a price that may not be acceptable to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom