Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

warning to anyone buying yahoo (ypn) invites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rumor has it that yahoo isn't too excited about the whole re-selling invites thing...closing some accounts without notice and/or banning and blacklisting those that got in that shouldn't have.

consider yourself warned!

i wouldn't buy anything to start with. apply, wait...like everybody else.

Domain Days 2024

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's funny, best way to kill your business is by taking away the motivation for other people to promote your interests (new advertisers and customers). That's exactly what they're doing, if what you say is true. Go Google/etc.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
harleyx said:
That's funny, best way to kill your business is by taking away the motivation for other people to promote your interests (new advertisers and customers). That's exactly what they're doing, if what you say is true. Go Google/etc.

I'm not so sure about that, their just protecting their interests.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
look, this is a beta. they were "selecting" certain sites....which pre-qualified and accepted into the program once manually screened under whatever criteria they had.

if you applied and did not get in then there is a reason....if you buy-in that is not too smart. only asking for trouble!

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike is right. I spoke with them yesterday and they told me that it was still very much closed to the general public. They are trying to keep a controlled atmosphere for the beta and by letting sites get in that don't fit with their numbers they are creating an unstable atmosphere for their logs and research. I'm sure there is a lot of work and strategies that must be planned to launch a service like this, and they just want to be able to make sure it works for everyone before letting more people in. It's a little different than selling GMAIL invites if you ask me..

Just my .02 :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

When will people choose to follow the rules instead of breaking them to make an extra few bucks? I can't wait until this service gets opened to those outside the US...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What's the big fuss? Google turned a blind eye when invites to Googlemail were being sold, for the longest time. Yahoo needs to loosen up a little.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo doesn't offer registered users invites for their friends to YPN. They just offer invites to people who have applied and been screened.

Google Mail allowed registered users to invite whoever the heck they wanted. Google didn't care. But it isn't the same thing.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am assuming they only want those sites they manually approved to have their ads on it. If someone sells an invite and another user uses it to put on a site Yahoo doesn't want now it could mess things up. I can say I have been trying to buy one, but I will wait and see what happens with my application or until it is open to everyone. Not a big deal.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
rumor has it that yahoo isn't too excited about the whole re-selling invites thing...closing some accounts without notice and/or banning and blacklisting those that got in that shouldn't have.

consider yourself warned!

i wouldn't buy anything to start with. apply, wait...like everybody else.
Thank you kindly for the warning, Mike

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been giving out bad reputation points for the last few days for posts selling YPN! invites not heeding my warning.

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
I've been giving out bad reputation points for the last few days for posts selling YPN! invites not heeding my warning.

How do you give reputation posts on this new VB?

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look under the user's post, there is a white CHECK and an X to the left of the report a post button

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
Look under the user's post, there is a white CHECK and an X to the left of the report a post button

The only person that I see that for is myself :huh:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
daddypi said:
The only person that I see that for is myself :huh:

Same here what is with that! :huh:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the new reputation system sucks. i don't like forums that use it.

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess I will stop shopping around for one,thanks for the warning Mike.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you use someone elses invite, is it tied to their name? When someone elses uses it will Yahoo just cancel the account?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
https://publisher.yahoo.com/legal/prog_policy/
http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/srchsb/sse_gl.php?mkt=us

anyone wanting to apply, please read these.

I bought an "invite" key. but then later got accepted, so I forsee no problem.

just got this, so this is strait from YPN about this issue

Nov 6 2005 10:55 PT

Hello Joseph,

We are happy to hear that you have opted into participating in the YPN beta. We appreciate your comments about being apart of the YPN. As you may know we have invited only a select number of publishers to be apart of this beta at this time. We are sorry to hear that you purchased a key through another would be publisher that received a key as it could pose potential problems.

We ask that you do not do the same with the key that was later sent to you. We will forward the request to disable the key that was sent to you after you opened up your account to avoid any problems. If there are any problems with your account we will keep you informed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Christian Santino
Customer Solutions
Yahoo! Product Submit Team

--------------------Original Message--------------------
Hey are you cloing accounts of people that bought invite keys?

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=119439

I bought this one, but then later you did sent me an invite key. I am starting to like yahoo publisher network, and don't want to get cut off, so I want someone to clarify this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom