Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning : When dealing with Big John Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have traded with big john and everything has went well - me included. But he has recently stung me.

I sold him www.templatedevil.com
On the sales thread i stated that the buyer MUST buy a license for the topsite since it is no transferrable. I stated this in pm and he agreed.

After the sale went through i double checked with the software company that he has bought a license. Turns out that he hasnt. I contacted him and he assured me that he would buy a license within a day or so.

A few weeks, 5 private messages and a few emails have since past and he has still not bought the license. Which means that i cannot use the software until he does.

The only message he has sent me is an angry one stating that i didnt leave the links to templatedevil - which we had both agreed on even though 99% of the traffic came from the search engines. However, on the thread that templatedevil was sold, 5 other template sites were also listed and they were also sold. Therefore, i had no control over what the new owners did with the links - i explained this to him and have since had no response.

I am writing this thread in the hope that bigjohn will resolve this and that other people will not get stung in the future. I have traded with many members here in the last few years including keche on a number of occassions, blueintr, and several others and everyone has been great. Lets hope we can keep dnforum a safe place to trade

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets hope that bjh will quickly do the honourable thing and complete the agreed terms of the sale.
Anyone else had problems?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
umm, could you elaborate?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm staying out of this argument for right now

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, I think we need a new forum section "complaints department"......does anybody agree? Seeing this kind of stuff posted in the 'websites for sale' section is a real downer. Hope you guys get this straightened out tho :)

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seems familiar.
related to servint?

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nah Fonz...ain't bashing ya. I really think it would be a good idea to have a place to post this kind of stuff, as there is always a chance of something like this happening when you deal with domains and websites. I can surely understand. I've been ripped already :)

Maybe the Mods will hook us up :wink:

fonzerelli_79 said:
sorry - i wasnt sure where to post this - i thought this room would be the most relevant

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
Hey, I think we need a new forum section "complaints department"......does anybody agree? Seeing this kind of stuff posted in the 'websites for sale' section is a real downer. Hope you guys get this straightened out tho :)

This seems like a reasonable idea.

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been away for a few days and returned to see this post. Can't say I'm very happy that somebody feels it necessary to publically air a grievance when the actual facts are incorrect.

Mr Fonzerreli. We completed a great deal earlier last month with regards the purchase of templatedvil and everything went very smoothly and to both our satisfactions. You informed me that I would need a toplists script from JMBsoftware which is fine. As I stated to you i already have the pro version of the software but was bought licensed to another domain I have but was not being used on that site. After you requested this be sorted out I contacted jmb to request that my existing licence for the pro script be transfered to the templatedevil domain. As of yet I have not had a reply from them saying yeah or nay...... so i fail to see i have done anything wrong at this stage.. maybe I should have taken the top sites section off the site, I don't know but there was certainly no malice intended.

I would have also thought that if this was such a huge problem you would have simply bought another script from jmb out of the $750 i paid you for the site......

To be fair I will take the topsites section down until I hear form jmb..,.does that sound fair....

Honestly fonzy there is no need and no reason for trying to publically defame someone on this forum. The forum should be used to encourage , support and exchange good ideas and promote community , not conflict.

Hope this helps so you can build your new site.

Cheers
BJH

fonzerelli_79 said:
I know a lot of people have traded with big john and everything has went well - me included. But he has recently stung me.

I sold him www.templatedevil.com
On the sales thread i stated that the buyer MUST buy a license for the topsite since it is no transferrable. I stated this in pm and he agreed.

After the sale went through i double checked with the software company that he has bought a license. Turns out that he hasnt. I contacted him and he assured me that he would buy a license within a day or so.

A few weeks, 5 private messages and a few emails have since past and he has still not bought the license. Which means that i cannot use the software until he does.

The only message he has sent me is an angry one stating that i didnt leave the links to templatedevil - which we had both agreed on even though 99% of the traffic came from the search engines. However, on the thread that templatedevil was sold, 5 other template sites were also listed and they were also sold. Therefore, i had no control over what the new owners did with the links - i explained this to him and have since had no response.

I am writing this thread in the hope that bigjohn will resolve this and that other people will not get stung in the future. I have traded with many members here in the last few years including keche on a number of occassions, blueintr, and several others and everyone has been great. Lets hope we can keep dnforum a safe place to trade

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bigjohnhoward said:
Been away for a few days and returned to see this post. Can't say I'm very happy that somebody feels it necessary to publically air a grievance when the actual facts are incorrect.

Mr Fonzerreli. We completed a great deal earlier last month with regards the purchase of templatedvil and everything went very smoothly and to both our satisfactions. You informed me that I would need a toplists script from JMBsoftware which is fine. As I stated to you i already have the pro version of the software but was bought licensed to another domain I have but was not being used on that site. After you requested this be sorted out I contacted jmb to request that my existing licence for the pro script be transfered to the templatedevil domain. As of yet I have not had a reply from them saying yeah or nay...... so i fail to see i have done anything wrong at this stage.. maybe I should have taken the top sites section off the site, I don't know but there was certainly no malice intended.

I would have also thought that if this was such a huge problem you would have simply bought another script from jmb out of the $750 i paid you for the site......

To be fair I will take the topsites section down until I hear form jmb..,.does that sound fair....

Honestly fonzy there is no need and no reason for trying to publically defame someone on this forum. The forum should be used to encourage , support and exchange good ideas and promote community , not conflict.

Hope this helps so you can build your new site.

Cheers
BJH

Fonzerelli_79 said:

Sound like an effort to communicate earlier would maybe have prevented this post being necessary.
Members have every right to raise issues where a party seems unwilling to communicate or resolve a problem, this has nothing to do with "support" or "conflict" on the forum.

M

mole

Fact remains that some software rights thingy should have been resolved. If what it takes is public "defamation" to fix it when you were given ample time to do so, then you deserve it, imho. Your word is your honor here, nothing more, nothing less.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have pre-arranged with script authors to find out how I can transfer the license quickly, when I sell a domain and the buyer wants the script included. I just build it into the price, and handle it myself with the author. Then, I don't get caught up in the buyer's situation between the author. Its bought/sold and everyone is taken care. When the transaction is complete, it's complete. There isn't a 3rd party left over for someone else to deal with. Obviously, a license transfer would be a little trickier, but if you already have an open line of communication with the author, it should help all 3 parties when the sale closes.

Not a criticism, just a suggestion! And, script authors that I have dealt with welcome the creative method for selling their software.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for getting back to me john

im getting caught in the middle here - jmb are saying the complete opposite to what you are saying - they have told me that you have not tried to resolve the matter whatsoever and that i cannot use the license. They have emailed me several times regarding the issue and they have stated on a number of occasions that you have not tried to resolve it. It is obviously difficult for me to determine which party is telling the truth.

- i dont think that this is relevant at all. How i use this money is of non of your concern. It is not the money - i have the money. It was the principle of the matter.

thanks for trying to resolve it though.

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There has been no instance where I have been unwilling to communicate or unwilling to resolve this issue.. i just don't log in everyday to this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom