Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning : When dealing with Big John Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my last private messages were not replied to for over a week and jmb are still insisting that you have not sorted this out

what else could i do in this situation? I saw you online a few times after i sent the messages so what else am i supposed to think except that you were not willing to sort it out

im glad that isnt the case but im sure the majority of members here would do the same in my position

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an outsider it sounds like Big John should be making phone calls to JMB every fifteen minutes to get this resolved pronto.

Unfortunately these things can happen when business deals are structured in this way.

It sounds as if the Fonz had to get involved by calling JMB because of the lack of communication. BigJohn's issues with JMB are most likely real, but probably should have been attended to faster.

There is a lesson to learn on both sides. Just my two cents. We all learn the hard way.

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will pull the topsites list on the site tonight Fonzy. You will still need to get jmb to transfer the script to your new domain though. I agree with a previous post it would have been easier to accomodate the script into the price. As far as calling jmb every 15 minutes..... being in OZ, I think my phone bill would be a lot more than the fifty odd dollars for the script.

No hard feelings.....

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is the email i just received from jmb - the reference to webmastertopsites is in regards to another topsite i used to run. That issue has been resolved.

Greetings,

The new owner of webmastertopsites.com has purchased a license, however there
still has been no action on the templatedevil.com domain. You can begin using
the software on one of your domains, so please let us know what you want to
change the license for webmastertopsites.com to.

We have had no contact from anyone claiming to be the new owner of
templatedevil.com, and no one has requested that an existing license be
changed to templatedevil.com.

Regards

-----------------------------
JMB Software Customer Service

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad that this matter has been resolved, lessons learned for all members I think.
This thread is being closed, should either party need to re-open it for any reason please PM me or another Mod.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a small world after all.
Sorry to jump in after all this dust seemed to settle, but I just went through this situation and finally found this thread.

I was one of the webmasters that got cheated in the topsites problem. My site was unknowingly sending traffic to a site that was sending zero in return.

It would have been nice to tell the people in the topsites ring that it went poof.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=53546&page=2&pp=15

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alright let me set up an in link from my script and put you in the hit rotation.
I'll just join right from your new site, correct?

But tell me, is this new site of yours a site you plan on injecting some steroids in, and then plan on selling it later on like the devil site?

Hope not!

- Media

( http://www.free-templates.com is the site I'll join with)

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i never originally planned to sell the devil site
i needed the cash after coming back from 4 months of travelling - i probably spent as much investment in that site with design/promotion etc
anyways - the site being sold shouldnt change anything - the toplist was removed from the other site because bigjohn didnt buy a license - the matter was out of my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom