Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warnings and Alerts Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Can we have a warnings and alerts forum where members can address and elaborate their concerns about spammers, scammers, hackers, thieves in the industry today?

Upvote 0

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I like this idea :yes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There was one until that Iranian hacker took DNF's DNS down.

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeh I think this would be a good idea, especially because scamming seems to be on the up, grrr :upset:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats was feedback is for...they had alot of trouble with this part of the forum before when it existed, and it makes the site and industry look very badly...it also caused a big attack against the forum as acroplex mentioned, we all remember the site being down for awhile because of it..so, they removed it for a reason..although I agree we do need it.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Such forum is necessary in the sake of all traders in the industry. I disagree that it makes the industry look bad, on the contrary, it shows that the domainer community creates awareness and takes a stand against the scammers.

T

tekz999

I think we can put a password in order to access that particular category, or as a feature to be viewable by exclusive members only. This way can also improve more membership upgrades.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This way can also improve more membership upgrades.

are you on commission?

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The platinum would be fine. But it could be done another way (having in mind the iranian attack) as far as it concerns the forum members.

This "scam" forum could be done invisible in general. The members still will be able to start threads about the various issues but nobody will be able to see them unless he/she makes a request for a specific user. When such request is executed then all the threads concerning this user will become visible.
This way when A is intending to make a deal with B, A will make a search for "scam threads" about B and if there are any they'll become visible (but again not for everyone).

Practically such search could be done even at the moment. The difference is that currently such threads are not gathered in one place and that the threads are not invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom