Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Website refund... [help!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That might be a good idea. Is there any way to call Paypal and explain the situation to them to see what they think I should do?

I will see what the buyer says when I get home and read his emails from today (I am at school right now)

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
by using paypal you forfeit ALL credit card protection pretty much as you are doing a transaction with paypal, who is then doing a transaction with the seller.

you pay paypal.

paypal has done their job as a middle man therefore nothing has been stolen, not as promised, etc.

no compensation will be awarded via credit card, at least in my expierience.

No, paypal tries to say this. Amex even agreed with them, they were the last holdout to go along with this. The New York Atterny general sued them. This has changed.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know PayPal does NOTHING when it comes to domains...I had an issue with a seller recently and PayPal informed me that since there was nothing physically exchanged they cannot help. They further stated that if it is related to domain names and websites that is out of there area of expertise. At least that is where my complaint ended up.

**Mind you the guy sold me a copyrighted website that was illegal and PAYPAL did NOTHING...

Hope it helps.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see...so they do actually read the complaint, rather than just automatically shut down the account....

That's certainly a good thing, when will I know if its safe to put my Paypal funds into my origional account?

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IANAL and I may be jumping to conclusions on which site it was, but it looks like this was an international transaction, so I'm not sure whose rules would apply. IMHO the absolute worst case would be for him to sue you in small claims court in the US -- save all your emails, pms, and posts *just in case* -- you were honest and open, so there should be no problem for you in the end.

It sounds to me like he's got a strong case of buyer's remorse and needs to cool off. Be wary of buyers who ask no questions or the wrong questions, sometimes they can be more trouble than they're worth.

It sounds like people think the worst repercussion is that Paypal might close your account. If you really want to make yourself nervous about Paypal, check out paypalsucks.com. The rumor there is that they *may* try to hit your linked bank account. If you are real nervous and want to be totally safe you could always open a separate checking account and clean this one out, unlink your account, close your account, or otherwise try to insulate yourself from the long arm of paypal.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
by using paypal you forfeit ALL credit card protection pretty much as you are doing a transaction with paypal, who is then doing a transaction with the seller.

you pay paypal.

paypal has done their job as a middle man therefore nothing has been stolen, not as promised, etc.

no compensation will be awarded via credit card, at least in my expierience.

I've had only one experience and that involved a transaction where the domains proved to be stolen. I advised Paypal by email that they were stolen, that the police had been informed and that my bank would be recovering the funds on my credit card.
I instructed my bank and within 7 days the funds were back in my account and I have had no trouble from Paypal over the issue from that day to this.
It would be my view that any attempt to recover funds should be carried out by your bank and not Paypal direct by you. Of course the other party has the option of disputing the refund with their card merchant; if they do it comes down to slogging it out to see who is right!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
???

I sold the site....fairly, so are you saying he can get the funds from my bank account without going through paypal?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
???

I sold the site....fairly, so are you saying he can get the funds from my bank account without going through paypal?

He can request his card merchant to dispute the payment - then if you disagree it comes down to slogging it out between the two card merchants.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I edited the sales thread on this forum, but the one on the other forum has not been touched, I would rather not disclose the name, but I will quote the post...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Name for sale: {edited}

Comes with content and domain name.

Traffic:
800 visits per day
650 uniques per day
300,000 Alexa rating

There are only about 15 pages on content finished, meaning much more traffic can be aquired.

This domain is listed in Google, and gets much of its traffic from links, with some from search engines and such. I realize if you do a linkpop search for this domain not much comes up, but it has some very major links and some free banners up that give it a lot of traffic.

I spent $0 advertising this website.

Stats below...

Revenue:
About $1 daily from Casale Media for pop ups
About $2 daily from Adsense

= around $100 per month

Content:
{edited}

Other Info:
Payment via Paypal.com or Escrow.com if buyer pays fees.
Name registered at Namecheap.
Please PM all offers

Stats:
{edited}
{edited}

I am looking for offers that not only reflect the current income of the site, but the traffic and design of the site as well, and to some extent, the sites potential.

Thanks, PM all offers!

Daniel Sitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom