Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Weird negotiation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right thread but anyway.

Had an offer via one of the main sites for one of my "better" names, just in excess of $xx,xxx, I responded with a figure that was around 90% higher.

I then had a response of the original $xx,xxx + 35%.

My response was a small reduction in my original asking price.

"Buyer" responds with $xx,xxx + 45%

I then reply with a figure whch is $xx,xxx + 55% ( we are just over 10% apart) and would close at that if the buyer would keep the deal confidential!

Bang, gone- was a 10% difference the problem or the confidentiality request or just another wind up( had many)?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes people have set a limit.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and sometimes people just gauge your asking price and get his friend to renegotiate for cheaper price.

worldengine

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acting as a buyer, I once cut of negotiations at a similar point. A few days later the seller came back and was willing to take less than my final offer.

Sometimes threatening to walk.. or actually walking can be part of the negotiation.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it is worth that much, it doesn't matter. Hang on and you'll get very close to your price.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is news? lol ....

dotus .. next time post your experiences in one of the lounges, or the appropriate category. ;)

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
this is news? lol ....

dotus .. next time post your experiences in one of the lounges, or the
appropriate category. ;)

Sorry, but the reason I started the thread with "not sure if---" was that if considered the inappropriate category then normally mods move it?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why did you ask the buyer to keep the price confidential, you were selling it, not buying it to resell ... so maybe when you requested this, they thought you were ripping them off ??? Just a guess .... no idea ... stuff happens

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've also had "buyers" who may have been kids or others just playing with me with no real intent on buying or financial resources. They are usually high dollar offers of which I'm often skeptical. I treat them all as serious, but always have in the back of my mind this may just be a troublemaker playing games.

Occassionally the appraisal scammers lead you on this way to wet your appetite for a big sale before they try to scam you.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may so happen that the buyer had set a limit for himself , or it was his maximum he wanted to pay for that domain. You can check down on the price he wanted to buy the same for, mabey he will respond back,If u r willing to try out..
And if the domain is that good , u will sure get someone else to buy it down from u , so Best of luck for the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom