Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WHAOO! My first .Co.Uk lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavsta

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WHAOO! i just bought my very first .co.uk domain lol, its kind of wierd, cos i live in the UK, ive been domain selling for the past year and a half, ive handled hundreds of domains and yet this is my first .co.uk lol :)

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So what's the name? Is it that difficult to register a co.uk?
pavsta said:
WHAOO! i just bought my very first .co.uk domain lol, its kind of wierd, cos i live in the UK, ive been domain selling for the past year and a half, ive handled hundreds of domains and yet this is my first .co.uk lol :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could understand that. I am dumping my .ca's. :cry:

M

mole

pavsta said:

What took you so long? :)

pavsta

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nah .co.uk's are as easy as .com's to get, i always knew where to get them and can/could always afford them its just that i never really liked .co.uk names which is kind of wierd cos some british people only ever use .co.uk and some dont ever use them like me. Im just happy i got my first one lol ive had .tv's,.ws's and lots of other types lol Most people would of thought being a british guy you would get .co.uk's pretty quickly :p Infact ive owned lots and probably prefer .us and i dont even live in america.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the good thing about .co.uk is that you can hide your whois details for free, you also get a certificate for your domain. you will get a letter in a few weeks time with a confirmation code on it so you can login to nominet

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.co.uk sucks when it comes time to sell / transfer your domain.

gph

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.co.uk is great - the transfer hassles make it very easy to persuade buyers that offers of a few hundred dollars just won't do it. I find that my .co.uk sales average significantly higher prices than my .com sales.

M

mole

Can you PM your list of .co.uk names please. Your list on memorablenames.co.uk site is protected.

Scotserve

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
the good thing about .co.uk is that you can hide your whois details for free, you also get a certificate for your domain. you will get a letter in a few weeks time with a confirmation code on it so you can login to nominet

You cant legitimately hide your whois details unless you are a non trading individual all others must display

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:

I own quiet a few co.uk's and I have never received any letter or certificate...
%+|

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just checked a couple, and they are regged under my name, and all whois info is correct.
I have had some for as long as 2 years, and some about a few months, I never receibed anything by letter.
Could it be because I am outside the UK?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks, I'll call!
BTW, my co.uks are either from GD and enom

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker - you should've received their certificates (and nominet.org.uk login info) about two months or so after registering your co.uk names. you better have 110% correct address listed 'coz that's where they will go. the certificates are must have if you are to sell those names meaningfully in the future.

i'm in london at the moment, and when i go about town i'd say that roughly about 70% of ads in public bear .co.uk tagline, and about 30% com. surprisingly, bigger companies and better known brands usually carry co.uk. signatures, while mom & pop companies usually stick with com's. of course there are some exceptions, but overall this is the impression i've been getting.

btw, go daddy sucks when it comes to uk names (as well as some other issues.) so never again for me. besides, enom has much better uk prices.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I rechecked, and the whois address is definately correct.
One of my better names I checked, is through Enom. never received any letters though.

Scotserve

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
seeker - you should've received their certificates (and nominet.org.uk login info) about two months or so after registering your co.uk names. you better have 110% correct address listed 'coz that's where they will go. the certificates are must have if you are to sell those names meaningfully in the future.

btw, go daddy sucks when it comes to uk names (as well as some other issues.) so never again for me. besides, enom has much better uk prices.

You no longer need certificates for doing transfers in fact you now need to obtain a transfer form from Nominet. What is essential is the "for" field i.e. who the domain is registered to.

Enom is the pits for UK domains just like GD, try setting up glue records through Enom

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actually you are right, you don't get certs by mail any more but u do get your login info. for the nominet site, which then allows u 2 initiate any data change and/or any transfer directly through them. if u want u can print out the 'certificates' from within your administrative area of the nominet site, but that's pretty useless anyway.

enom on the other hand is horrible fo canadian names. DO NOT register canadian domains through enom, that is just throwing your money down the shithole. sleazy they are wouldn't tell u that upfront of course.

on rare ocassions like these wish i was a lawyer.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just for an update.
I called, and they confirmed that they indeed did send the letters to my address. They said they still send letters.
Funny thing is I never received any for them. How does one 'not receive' over 50 letters??
Anyhow, they have the address right, so they are sending them again.
Just to let ecveryone know that you should expect a letter when ordering .co.uks
If it werent for this post, I would never have known that.
as far as using ENom instead of nominet, well.... the price difference is huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom