Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WHAOO! My first .Co.Uk lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotserve

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
just for an update.
I called, and they confirmed that they indeed did send the letters to my address. They said they still send letters.
Funny thing is I never received any for them. How does one 'not receive' over 50 letters??
Anyhow, they have the address right, so they are sending them again.
Just to let ecveryone know that you should expect a letter when ordering .co.uks
If it werent for this post, I would never have known that.
as far as using ENom instead of nominet, well.... the price difference is huge!

You are using Nominet just using them through Enom, you are under contract with Nominet no matter where you buy your UK domain.
Nominets direct pricing is designed to encourage you to use a tagholder and not them direct.

There is around 3500 tagholders many of them you can register domains though, depending on your needs there is a hell of a lot better places to register your UK domain through than Enom, with prices starting at around $11'ish for a 2 year period.

M

mole

Do you guys think that .CO.UK will be compelled to go .UK without the .CO when .EU launches? I am projecting that it could happen as early as 2006, so I'm backing off .CO.UK names for the time being, unless I can catch them in a drop or buy them for reg fee.

Reaction score
I have over 1400 co.uk domains and have never had a single certificate. However I have had other mail correspondence from them. My guess is they're not sending them outside of UK no matter what they may claim.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the lady i talked to claimed to even have the dates of when they were sent.
Anyhow, I'll wait and see if the new batch arrives.

Scotserve

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Do you guys think that .CO.UK will be compelled to go .UK without the .CO when .EU launches? I am projecting that it could happen as early as 2006, so I'm backing off .CO.UK names for the time being, unless I can catch them in a drop or buy them for reg fee.

There was a proposal put forward recently to open this up however this can't and won't happen with over 4 million names already registered the legacy issue would be a nightmare as to who would get the corresponding .uk domain and possible legal implications, most others seemed to agree with this point of view, however the proposal is still on the table.

Keep registering .co.uk as .uk will never happen without killing Nominet

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.uk will inevitably happen.
Its been seen and done in many markets.

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
.uk will inevitably happen.
Its been seen and done in many markets.

It was pretty well rejected at the 12 January 2005 Nominet PAB meeting.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rejected things have a way of becoming resurected at the right time.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Melitaweb said:
I have over 1400 co.uk domains and have never had a single certificate. However I have had other mail correspondence from them. My guess is they're not sending them outside of UK no matter what they may claim.
I live in the US and have received certificates for all my .co.uk names here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom