Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What about adding a sales thread for premium names only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I know you already have way many sale threads here, (offers wanted, fixed prices, as is, auctions, external links, domains with traffic, developed websites etc.) , but wouldn't it be nice with a section where all the real premium names are announced? I mean, it would be nice to browse through a section with real premium names and not the usual "premium" zh7.com , xdzp.com etc.

You should put together a set of rules for posting in the "premium domains for sale" section, where moderators reserve the right to close/delete the sales thread if the name is not considered truly "premium".

At least I would love to see a section of the forum where I know that I can always go looking for the real premium and rare gems. :)

Upvote 0

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everyone thinks their domains are premium, there is no way to regulate it...just laugh at the people that call crappy domains "premium"

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everyone thinks their domains are premium, there is no way to regulate it...just laugh at the people that call crappy domains "premium"

Yeah, that's exactly the problem. That's why some "pro" moderators should be left to decide if the name is premium or not and gather all those sales in a separate section. :)

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a good idea but how do you define premium is another story.

%99.99 of the names (crappy and non-crappy names) in your (I don't mean you but everyone) are Premium as you rarely see 'Crappy names for sale' in the tittle.

The real problem is there are too many 'real crappy names' out there merging with 'real premium names'.

I was thinking about this for a while as I see my thread went down to the bottom after several 'crappy premium names' threads.

The solution would be instead of creating a Premium Names Forum, create a 'Bargain Counter' Forum where the names are under $100 (or whatever defined 'Bargain").

John

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has all been beaten to death before in other threads, but it will never work 'cos of the subjectivity factor.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True, the hard part is to figure out how to separate the premium names from the average and poor names. But wouldn't it be possible? The name needs to be very generic (50-100 or more million google results), preferably .COM but exceptions may be made for very generic names like play.net , usa.info , america.org etc. For LLLL.com's and similar the names should contain at least a word consisting of a very rare and good looking CVCV/VCVC pattern, like FIFI.COM , PAPA.COM , BONO.COM .. you name it .. If none of the above applies the name must have a very high and stable traffic/rev. And by that I mean several thousand clicks daily/weekly with a reasonable revenue. I think it would be possible, at least to try. It would be fun to check the premium names section whenever you want to make a really big investment or are lucky enough to own a really premium name.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree there are applicable metrics, but the policing of it would be impossible.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just make a 'Bargain Counter' so that all the name under $100 or something will fall into that forum and the regular Sales forum will become Premium by default.

Of course not %100 but hoping the majority of the non-premium will go into the Bargain Counter Forum!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"By posting your domain in the 'Premium Domains for Sale' section, you agree that the DNF moderators reserve the right to remove or close your thread at any time, for any reason. This decision is not arguable." If the moderators see a domain they find "not premium", then they simply delete the thread. It wouldn't take a lot of time and effort either, as this section would definitely not have activity even close to the other sales sections.

Just make a 'Bargain Counter' so that all the name under $100 or something will fall into that forum and the regular Sales forum will become Premium by default.

Of course not %100 but hoping the majority of the non-premium will go into the Bargain Counter Forum!

That is an idea, but consider the fact that non-premium domains can still sell for $x,xxx and more. And by putting domains considered "non premium" in a "bargain bin", would definitely be bad for the seller, as buyers would probably expect to get the domain for a very low price, as it is already placed in a "bargain" section. I think it's harder to separate the $100 domains from the $x,xxx domains, than separating the real premium domains from the rest.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"By posting your domain in the 'Premium Domains for Sale' section, you agree that the DNF moderators reserve the right to remove or close your thread at any time, for any reason. This decision is not arguable." If the moderators see a domain they find "not premium", then they simply delete the thread. It wouldn't take a lot of time and effort either, as this section would definitely not have activity even close to the other sales sections.
That would never work. Mods can't be arbiters of the value of domain names and they don't have the time either.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can never be able to solve %100 the problem but by having the Bargain forum you would eliminate the majority of the crappy names posting in the regular for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom