Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What can be done when dealing with non-responding registrars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Richard - no clout necessary with Icann I do not think - It seems like "sometimers" - Sometimes they might do something and most times they dont. Ron may want to do a piece on this problem - "Lack Of Icann Support For Registrar Issues". Ken is right - Pool should incorporate all registrations into a central management system. I would suspect that Pool may be up to something like that, as we speak. Maybe if InterNic gets flooded with alot of complaints they might start to respond?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
Richard - no clout necessary with Icann I do not think - It seems like "sometimers" - Sometimes they might do something and most times they dont. Ron may want to do a piece on this problem - "Lack Of Icann Support For Registrar Issues". Ken is right - Pool should incorporate all registrations into a central management system. I would suspect that Pool may be up to something like that, as we speak. Maybe if InterNic gets flooded with alot of complaints they might start to respond?

I am already planning an Editorial on this issue Steve and will include the Internic link and ICANN email address you provided, so readers will hopefully flood both venues with complaints. I think the whole mess is a major threat to the expiring domains business. A consumer uproar, which I have no doubt is coming if this doesn't get corrected, could lead to the whole thing being handed to Verisign's WLS on a silver platter.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Duke,

So I get an email from AlohaNIC telling me to go to either AlohaNIC.com and click on modify my account or just go directly to http://register.secureservice.net to manage the domain. Next I type in the domain name and it displays my email address and a couple of other options to change your email etc, and then proceed to the next step which displays all the domain details. No log-ins or passwords at all. Now I try to modify the domain and it says that the domain is not registered there, please go back to AlohaNIC.com. This is where the process started and it just refers you back to the above URL again!

No security.....no modifications.......no business from me ever again! So now my domain is sitting there open to everyone, but not manageable!

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That will surely should help Ron - Seems that nothing gets done at Icann until they get over-whelmed with lawsuits or in this case, maybe emails - They have the rules in place for these registrars to follow, just seems as though they never enforce them. That could change if consumers get Icann's attention on these serious issues. The power of the media!!! Great work Ron - this type of article from DNJOURNAL.COM aid's all of us - Thank so much - Steve

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
No security.....no modifications.......no business from me ever again! So now my domain is sitting there open to everyone, but not manageable!

That must be their idea of high security. :-D

I have a feeling anyone who stumbles upon them will quickly say Aloha (the Goodbye rather than the Hello meaning) to these jokers!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Duke, what is the domain you have at Alohanic?

I'll go there and put my name and email address on it.

:bandit: :-D :-D :-D

You can't do that until you send them notarized papers, your articles of incorporation, your senior class high school picture, a recent blood test, a Blockbuster gift card and the April 23 sports section from the New York Times...and that's just if you want to log in. It's gets really complicated if you actually want to manage your domain or transfer it to someone else. :)

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I got one of the domains squared away yesterday. Transecute a reseller of Directi is very good and prompt to the emails. I will keep on top of AlohaNIC and see what transpires.

Does anyone have any contact with NameScout? Pool says that I have an account there but I cannot get access to it all. I am getting no response from them despite around 15 emails and attempting phone calls.

awtoc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I havesame problem with names4ever, also crappy interface, well if your are using a linux based with windows I don't know. I also have a domain which they keep refusing transfer, it was renewed last year for two years, so it expires next year so to me the 60 days rule does not apply, I have written to them more than ten time and have received no reply, I have called them, and they just put me on hold, and I'm calling from China mega expensive to call the US, so yesterday I called again, and go a person who told me " well it can not be transfered away as the record was updated in July you will have to wait 60 days from a record update " well is that true ? and why did they not reply to the e-mails ?
I used to have some 400 domains with them, but due to their bad service and crappy control panel, which when you did get in always error, and asking them to do the changes could take days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom